Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gran Torino

Anon

Good movie. Clint Eastwood director and lead actor. What more do you need to know?

I smell leading actor Oscar for Clint. He's never had one, and has few opportunities left. Hollywood will not let him get away without winning one.

Too bad, because Heath Ledger did a great job in Dark Knight. But, he's dead, and can't really use the Oscar. A lot of people in Hollywood owe Clint thanks for a lot of things. It's time.

What the hell?? I looked at the website for Gran Torino and it said it wasn't getting released until 9 JAN. Are you guys seeing special early releases?

I can't wait for this one and have watched the trailer a couple times - Clint is still one of the original bad-asses.

Good movie. Clint Eastwood director and lead actor. What more do you need to know?

I smell leading actor Oscar for Clint. He's never had one, and has few opportunities left. Hollywood will not let him get away without winning one.

Too bad, because Heath Ledger did a great job in Dark Knight. But, he's dead, and can't really use the Oscar. A lot of people in Hollywood owe Clint thanks for a lot of things. It's time.

The lead was Christian Bale (Batman) so Heath could get a nod for BSA.

Edited by JThompson

What the hell?? I looked at the website for Gran Torino and it said it wasn't getting released until 9 JAN. Are you guys seeing special early releases?

I can't wait for this one and have watched the trailer a couple times - Clint is still one of the original bad-asses.

here you go:

http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=114470

..... Heath Ledger ... in Dark Knight. ....

Good point. Heath was so good, I forgot it was a Batman movie, and not a Joker movie!

..... Heath Ledger ... in Dark Knight. ....

Good point. Heath was so good, I forgot it was a Batman movie, and not a Joker movie!

Ya everyone did... I think he's a lock for BSA. Never saw him better... creepy.

Sorry for the drift folks....

here you go:

http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=114470

Thank you!! :cheers:

Great movie. Eastwood epidimizes the "grumpy old bastard who lives next-door". And I've lived next to a few of them. :)

One thing I didn't understand about the ending ................ and I'll try and keep it somewhat hidden ............. is that at one point the priest said "one thing about the Hmong, they keep their mouth shut". So then how were there any "witnesses" in the final scene ?

Just saw it.

Okay, as I watched I could see that it really encompassed so many things that made old and more recent Eastwood movies great. It is really a culmination of what people like about his movies.

I will say that my wife and I thought it one of the best we have seen in quite a long time.

Never laughed so hard at the racial things in a movie. People of many different colors in the theater with us. They were laughing out loud. Everyones emotions at the end were the same.

Saw the movie today, great film. I was missing films with an actual story and believable charaters. Clint did an outstanding job.

FWIW, I met Clint years ago at a golf event, he is imposing even in person. I was a cook at country club, working the men's locker room. He came in and ordered a omelet, To hear his voice asking for No tomatoes was priceless for a movie buff like me.

Excellent movie.

Pushing 80 and still a bad a$$.

The charachter reminded me of my grandfather.

Same generation. Same ways.

Didn't mind telling you what he thought.

Salt-of-the-earth guy under a gruf exterior, but don't get on the bad side of his temper.

Grandpa once knocked out an employee with an empty coke bottle.

Unfortunately, the guy was driving Grandpa's pick-up truck at the time he was rendered unconscious. :surprise:

I would love to drive that Gran Torino. ;)

Sweet ride.

Edited by 38superman