Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wider grip for N-frame

Supermoto

I am used to shooting a 2011 and am accustom to the wide grip. I find when I try to shoot my Revolver that I don't have a good interaction between the grip and my left thumb and palm. There is little room on the grip because my right hand fingers are taking up all the space. ( I use a high thumb style grip)

So is there a wider grip that will allow me to get more of my thumb/palm of my left hand on the grip?

I rather not change how I grip the gun, since Open class is my primary focus and the revolver is the off season gun

Thanks for the help

Nills Grips manufactured in Germany make excellent but pricey revolver grips. The have everything from the stock grip for revolvers to wide one with an extended grip for a secure two hand hold. They are walnut and can be had smooth or stippled. They are on the web as Nills Grips.

I'm using the standard Hogue. I'll try the X-frame version

thanks

No problem.... I tried quite a few different grips and really didn't care for the N-frame Hogues but liked the X-frame ones the best even over the JM wood ones.

I am used to shooting a 2011 and am accustom to the wide grip. I find when I try to shoot my Revolver that I don't have a good interaction between the grip and my left thumb and palm. There is little room on the grip because my right hand fingers are taking up all the space. ( I use a high thumb style grip)

So is there a wider grip that will allow me to get more of my thumb/palm of my left hand on the grip?

I rather not change how I grip the gun, since Open class is my primary focus and the revolver is the off season gun

Thanks for the help

These grips are what you are looking for. We have a big order coming in the next 2 weeks. Nill usually takes around 6-8 weeks if you order directly from them.

They are really nice grips.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...RIPS/Categories

• 4 weeks later...

I'll scrounge around in my misc bin also Moto and see what I can dig up,

I have some old stock coke bottle grips and some other types.

You'll have to show me again what your looking for.

Hopefully see you at BUAS in a couple weeks.

Use Bondo or some other body epoxy and mold it to the grip and your hand. It doesn't come out looking pretty but it will work.

Bubber on this forum did it I think.

pskys2, you mean the part where they don't look good, right? As pskys2 sez. use some epoxy that comes in a paste tube that you just knead until it becomes one slolid color. Put it where you think it ought to go and get a grip to see if is what you want. Sand it down and leter rip. Tetsu Murata and the whole Japanese team would make their grips while at a match. I will see if I can't ad some ugly pictures so you can see what I did anyway. later rdd

Here are a couplee of pictures of two of my Big Butt Ugly grips...Yea I know what it sounds like....

post-309-1233500716_thumb.jpg, post-309-1233500996_thumb.jpg One of these days I will learn how to embed them istead of attachments. later rd

Thanks for the help

Hogue makes grips with a palm swell too.

Seiichi

• 2 weeks later...

post-16271-1234583976_thumb.jpg

Supermoto,

I am still on a quest for a biiiig revo grip myself.

For now, these X-frame grips do the trick.

If you have large hands, like I have, these extend the distance to the trigger by 1/3 inch or so and you get a good two-hand grip. Only aspect that bites is that, at least in warmer climates, these things get so slippery with sweaty hands that you cannot hold on to your gun.

If you try these, I'd suggest experimenting with skateboard tape.

Please let me know what works best, my revo is still hibernating.

• 2 weeks later...
They look like Nills grips. I think they call those PPC or Bianchi grips.

They are Nills Grips. I have average size hands and they fit and feel really good on L frames. They provide a better two handed grip due to the shelf at the bottom of the grip for the little finger on the support hand for two handed double action shooting. Both PPC and Bianchi have prone positions and the extra length in the grip also provides a firm foundation for the revolver in that position since the bottom is flat. The Hogue Big But is a fine grip I have three sets but the bottom of the grip is not flat.

I just received a set for a 627X8 and will try them out when it gets back from Carmoney.