Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Belt

Sarge

If I understand the websight correctly it looks like CR Speed is letting their original belts go for $45 because they have a new model out. Looks like a good deal and they have my size but should I go with the new and improved instead? Did they change something critical? Thanks

Thanks for the help. I too just ordered one. I am curious though, to see how much the shipping will be since it said they would let me know later. That troubles me a little, but I am sure them being a well respected company it should be fine. Anyone happen to know about the shipping cost? I will post when I find out as well.

Again thanks. Now for my next dilemma. Dillon or not?

Yeah, wondering what the shipping costs will be as well. They're in South Africa and state that US shipments may take 3-weeks.

http://www.crspeed.co.za/contact.aspx

Rescomp Handgun Technologies

P.O. Box 11786

Queenswood

Pretoria, GP 0121

South Africa

PLEASE NOTE: With Christmas Rush & Postal Delays Shipping to most international destinations may take 16 - 21 Days.

All Prices on this Site are in US Dollars. All products shipped by Airmail. Shipping free on orders over $99.00

Great gear from great people if you ask me. From what I understand the new design has a tapered end on the belt liner to help make it easier to put through your belt loops. They changed the outer belt a little too but since I haven't had a chance to handle one in person I can't say for sure what all was changed. :( I guess that means I need a new belt. LOL

Joe W.

It is true. I got 2 emails from the company that said I would pay no shipping charges at all. I am wondering if they have a warehouse in the states or something.

I got my reciept that showed no shipping charges as well. Hope it gets here soon.

I got the new "Deluxe". My belt is pretty worn and I'm sure it's because it's a new belt, but my mag pouches feel more secure. and I didn't have to put a washer behind my CR Speed WSM2 to cinch down tight. I like that they tapered the inner belt so it makes going through my belt loops easier. And the new belt keeper (the velcro band) is a better design. The velcro also feels more secure, again, it's probably because my belt is pretty worn out so it all feels better to me. I also added 2 more inches to my belt to it actually wraps around, ordered my regular belt size and it was too small last time.

I also like the design and aesthetics, I'm digging mine. My old belt is now my dedicated Production rig so I don't have to keep swapping my holsters and mag pouches out.

crspeed001.jpg

Edited by Aristotle

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I ordered mine one size larger than my pants size as recommended. I have about 5-6 inches of overlap. I might have been comfortable with one more size up but it fits fine as is. I got mine yesterday.

I just received my new CR Speed belt this morning. Even though it is the "Old style" the inner belt has a tapered end to make threading through belt loops easier. It is by FAR a much better belt than my Old Safariland!! Absolutely No Comparison.

I purchased one directly from RHT on 12/27...still waiting on the shipment. Will be my second one, bought my first one from Angus Hobdell's Ghost Holster in 2006. He has good prices too, but saving some cheese on taxes and shipping is worth the wait.

Interesting. The website has 3 CR Speed belts. The Hi-Torque, Super Hi-Torque, and Super Hi-Torque Deluxe. I think the only difference between the new Super and Super Deluxe are the stripes on the front.

Anyone know if any of anyone with the new Super belt in the US? I'd rather pay a US distributor and not risk the potential hassles of shipping all the way from South Africa.

I just talked with my wife, as she ordered my belt for me for Xmas. She said from the time she hit "submit" on the check out cart, it took about 2.5-3 weeks to get the post man to my door.

I think it's a better quality belt than my old CR speed and about the same price of what I paid Ghost Holster for my original one since it was free shipping at $59 and change.

I just talked with my wife, as she ordered my belt for me for Xmas. She said from the time she hit "submit" on the check out cart, it took about 2.5-3 weeks to get the post man to my door.

I think it's a better quality belt than my old CR speed and about the same price of what I paid Ghost Holster for my original one since it was free shipping at $59 and change.

Ordered mine on 12/27 and received it on 1/10 and shipping was included in the $45.

Edited by D-BAGS