Why don't dogs have belly buttons?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As opposed to dead birth mammals? ;)

A live birth occurs when a fetus, whatever its gestational age, exits the maternal body and subsequently shows any sign of life, such as voluntary movement, heartbeat, or pulsation of the umbilical cord, for however brief a time and regardless of whether the umbilical cord or placenta are intact.

There is those mammals that are laid in eggs ya know :-)

The Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) is a semi-aquatic mammal endemic to eastern Australia, including Tasmania. Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of the five extant species of monotremes, the only mammals that lay eggs instead of giving birth to live young.

The long-beaked echidnas make up one of the two genera (Genus Zaglossus) of echidnas, spiny monotremes that lives in New Guinea. There are three living species, and two extinct species in this genus. Echidnas are one of the two types of mammals that lay eggs.

I would like to thank my Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V trainers, Wikipedia, and the letter R.

Do dogs cloned from other dogs have belly buttons?

Yup, since cloning at this point involves implanting the DNA into a donor egg and gestating in utero. Once they get to the point of birthing tanks, the navel may go away. Yeah, that's the ticket - drop off the DNA at the gestation center and pick you kid up 9 months later (or maybe a couple of years later, if you send the infant to be pre-trained before you take possession, like Biden is doing with his new puppy).

OK, depending on the size of your dog, and the size and status of his unit, it may be more or less than 3 inches to the belly button.

And, even though Rob, and my girlfriend try to tell me about the host gestation, I won't hear it. Us non-scientists actually envision the whole process taking place in a petrie dish and an incubator. Put in the test tube, take out a whole living dog. Kind of like microwave popcorn.

you send the infant to be pre-trained before you take possession, like Biden is doing with his new puppy.

What does that say about a Vi...Pre....person that can't even train a dog?

Hopefully that he is too busy with important stuff to fool with it.

Corey... Being PC means no PC. (Political crap in this case.) :D

My inquisitive 9 year old daughter asked me - why don't dogs have belly buttons?

I don't know. The puppies must get nutiants from the mother somehow . . .

Anyone know?

My bassat hound has an outie bellybutton. Didn't know that an outie was possible on dogs until we were told that's what the lump (about 3" in front of his unit) was by the vet.

We have two dogs - a Welsh Corgie (Molly) and a Great Dane (Samson).

Molly has pretty thick fur and is very quick. I could not find her belly button.

Samson has a short, thin coat, so I thought this would be a snap. Samson thought it was a game and is strong enough to put his paws on me and push me away and jump to his feet while I tried to find the button. The move is similar to an escape in wrestling. I did not find his belly button . . .

I'll wait until they're asleep and try again.

I just got this picture in my head of people reading this and then running outside and finding the nearest dog and flipping it over slapping the tape measure to his UNIT and looking for the belly button....now I'm not saying I just did this but it could happen.... It does make for an awkward moment with your neighbor when he was just trying to walk his dog....and I had to show the police officer the thread as well...

We have two dogs - a Welsh Corgie (Molly) and a Great Dane (Samson).

Molly has pretty thick fur and is very quick. I could not find her belly button.

Samson has a short, thin coat, so I thought this would be a snap. Samson thought it was a game and is strong enough to put his paws on me and push me away and jump to his feet while I tried to find the button. The move is similar to an escape in wrestling. I did not find his belly button . . .

I'll wait until they're asleep and try again.

ANDREW IS A WELSH CORGI, HIS IS, WELL, LIKE I SAID, 3 INCHES IN FRONT OF HIS UNIT.

I just got this picture in my head of people reading this and then running outside and finding the nearest dog and flipping it over slapping the tape measure to his UNIT and looking for the belly button....now I'm not saying I just did this but it could happen.... It does make for an awkward moment with your neighbor when he was just trying to walk his dog....and I had to show the police officer the thread as well...

I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING AT THIS DKOL.

Just tell your daughter that it's because dogs come from the pound/shelter :D

(on a more serious note - our dogs always have, and always will be rescues)

After I read this thread the other night, I did go flip Lucy over - our little Jack/Beagle mix - and look for the belly button - none found, but she still has a pretty big scar from getting fixed :(

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread and providing proof that dogs have belly buttons!

Case in point - our 9 week old Great Dane (we pick her up on Sun - no name yet). Look closely - she has an "outee"

blue.jpg

Edited by chp5

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Bobby is on one end of the couch with his laptop and I'm on the other with mine. He can't even post on Enos because I'm laughing so hard and distracting him! I missed this thread when it was originally started, so thanks Cy for bringing it back to the forefront. BTW, your new puppy is precious!

That dog is saying "take me home!"

. . . and it worked! We're bringing her and her outee belly button home on Sun.

We're thinking about calling her "Bella" which, of course, is short for belly button.

We're thinking about calling her "Bella" which, of course, is short for belly button.

Not only you didn't know dogs have belly buttons, you also failed either Spanish or Italian. :devil:

Bella is the first name of the Hungarian actor that played Dracula back in the 30's! :goof: