Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NASA just called me.....

Anubis

So NASA calls me and tells me they're tracking two new objects in orbit around the planet.

They go on to say it'll be another 10 to 15 years before my safety spring and detent pin

burn up upon re-entry into Earth's atmosphere. :angry2:

So NASA calls me and tells me they're tracking two new objects in orbit around the planet.

They go on to say it'll be another 10 to 15 years before my safety spring and detent pin

burn up upon re-entry into Earth's atmosphere. :angry2:

At least you didn't lose your grip on your dern tool bag... <_<

"Oh 1911 recoil spring and plug (bushing gun). They were tracking one of those for like an hour

last week..."

Oh,so that's where my bushing went...!! :rolleyes: I'll just wait for the light show in the sky--and wish it good-bye on the way down. :D I have a spare.

Either that or they went into a parallel dimension (a variation on your black hole idea), and as soon as you relocate to a new shop, you'll find all the missing parts in places you didn't expect........ or they'll follow you to the new shop....... The classic cosmic mystery of "lost parts."

I had some extraction issues with my then new metallic gun at the practice range for the 2007 Bianchi Cup. I was at the range in Missouri (8000) miles from home and was just installing a new 12lb recoil spring only to hear "twang" and the guide rod plug escaped over my shoulder. It landed the other side of the drive and bounced off an old propane tank. If anyone has been to the Green Valley Club will understand where I mean.

25minutes of grovelling around on my knees and help from one local guy who just happened to turn up we found that sucker yards from the tank and from where liftoff was effected. At least by hitting the tank I knew which dirrection it had actually gone, but hell that grass was long. It had to be found there was one only guide rod plug of that type in the world at that time and my gunsmith was a long way from me.

I get the 2 gallon size freezer bags and put parts and hands inside the bag. You can see thru the back side. If anything gets away,

all you have to do is pick up the bag and look along the bottom to find the parts. That has saved me a lot of grief (once i finally

figured out to do it).

I always make sure to have a nice back-stop for such things...like the nice (new) stainless steel fridge door. (now dented)

ROFL

When I was a kid, I got my hands on a Wrist Rocket that... well, suffice to say I wasn't "allowed" to have.

Of course it had to be tried, and mere pebbles from the back yard were a lot of fun, but the junk bucket on my dad's workbench held some fascinating possibilities.

I figured that the 3/8" steel ball-bearing probably needed a good backstop, so I put my "target" on the wooden gate in our back yard and launched the first round. Found the hole in the target, but couldn't find the bearing. Was somewhat chagrined to find that the ball-bearing had gone *through* the gate...

...and *through* the garage door across the street...

...and *through* the metal door of the clothes-dryer in that garage.

That...um... took some explaining. And pretty much made the "no slingshots" rule permanent, too.

(and now I own guns...) :roflol:

[/thread-drift]

I often strip and clean guns in the bathroom, since that is where the light is best (old eyes, doncha know). I have found that tiny springs are attracted strongly to the sink drain and the totally inaccessible space behind the bathroom mirror....

I often strip and clean guns in the bathroom, since that is where the light is best (old eyes, doncha know). I have found that tiny springs are attracted strongly to the sink drain and the totally inaccessible space behind the bathroom mirror....

customer service at beretta told me to change the saftey detnet sping on a tomcat.. lil gun .. ( littler spring) in the bath tub with shower curtain closed.. it worked but i did get funny lloks from the misses wheni came out 3 hrs later and lots of cussing........... ps tape the drain closed.... :roflol::surprise:

I always make sure to have a nice back-stop for such things...like the nice (new) stainless steel fridge door. (now dented)

(and now I own guns...) :roflol:

[/thread-drift]

No, you should have said this is "why" we own guns !!!

My first BB gun the cops took to teach me a lesson, the second my Dad was so pissed

he broke it in half across his knee !! :roflol: