Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine champ.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year we did have some steel damage from steel core bullets.

Please...check your bullets and make SURE they will not damage our steel! It sucks to have someone save $5.00 on bullets and cost the host club the price of the targets. That is just not right.

We will have movers in two stages and the long shot(s) this year are around 150 to 175. Several stages have swinger of bobber targets and one will use the pick up truck as a prop to shoot from the bed. More to come.

Get those applications in NOW...We need know to make sure we have the resources in help and materials to ensure the match runs efficentily....

It WILL be a fun match. Look forward to seeing you here! :cheers:

We will have movers in two stages and the long shot(s) this year are around 150 to 175. Several stages have swinger of bobber targets and one will use the pick up truck as a prop to shoot from the bed. More to come.

Guys, I won't hold you to it B) but help a TSCC newbie from out-of-town out, would ya? Will the short range COFs dominate again this year? I need to decide which rifle (Holosight) or scoped would be best for the match and prepare accordingly. If I shot Open, naturally, it wouldn't be a concern :lol: . For me, based on last year's stages, I would go with the dot, but getting out to 150 or so, my aging eyes need a some help. I'd take my chances with the dot, though, if there were only a few rounds out beyond 100.

My trip to the match is a birthday present to myself...you don't want to ruin my birthday, do ya :roflol:

Curtis

of course that stage may be 110 rds

Dang, now that's just cruel :roflol:

Thanks, Larry...I think I'll probably go with the dot as well. Appreciate the guidance.

Looks like you have the sort of range we most commonly have around here...the rifle portion of the sheriff's range where I practice is limited to 125 yds.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :cheers:

Curtis

Some stages will be all paper, shoot them with whatever you wish, but please keep the steel off our steel.---------Larry

Well :blush: It wasn't me ...I didn't hit the dang steel, = I timed out with out hitting it. :(

I just cut into the bullet with my side cutters the jacket will stick to the magnet when I separate the inside Lead looking /feeling stuff it does not stick. & no needle or any thing inside.

they don't & didn't hurt my 400 steel at home at 150 yards <_< didn't try it closer.

Of course I could hit a target at home

We looked at the long targets at Fort Benning on Sunday at stage 7 the end targets were shot full of holes = Barret said they looked like Swiss Cheese . I was back a bit taking a photo, don't know if it shows up in the photo.

Steel jacket bullets or "bi-metal" bullets WILL damage steel targets... ask me how I know!

(If it sticks to a magnet at all)

jj

Thanks!

Clarification - if needed....

ANY Bullet that sticks to a magnet will NOT be allowed on any stage at the Texas State Carbine Match.

If it looks like you are dinging the steel. One or two tests will be done.

A shot at steel at 50 yards. IF the bullet damages the stell...Only if damage occurs.

Step 2 - shot at person shooting steel bullets and messing up our targets.... :devil:

<_< Is that one shot or two? .... :devil::roflol: and does the offender get to pick who shoot at them? :P The way I missed last year :blush: I would be the one picked to be the shooter at the shoo-tie. :blush:

How about letting common sense prevail , and amend that to say "any stage with steel on it" or do they all have steel?

RO's can check with handy dandy magnets!!!

Trapr

Trapr

So you are saying that we allow 2 different types of ammo? Should we then check every cartridge loaded to make sure there are no bad (steel core) ammo mixed in the mag? I am sure no one would intentionally load a few non magnetic rounds on the top of each mag to appear that they are shooting legal ammo just to shoot old mixed military junk ammo and save a couple of bucks..... But. A mix up costs a steel target.

Is it not "letting common sense prevail" that we request that no ammo that is harmful to steel be brought to the match? (period) :mellow:

I am in, if the temperature will be over 50 degrees. I am still down in Florida (81 Degrees) but will head back to Fort Polk in a couple of weeks, come over and shoot the match.

Take care and happy hollidays.

Jack

I was simply thinking that if RO's could check like at RM3G it might make it easier to come up with useable ammo. I just did a simple search for ammo and finding non questionable ammo is getting very hard to do, what with the frantic buying going on. I thought that if using non damaging bullets on steel was the issue, then why outlaw it for the whole match, but it does not eliminate stupidity or plain old no respect.

Either way I'll play. :cheers:

Trapr

Pre-Match Dinner at the Longhorn Restaurant on Saturday evening, January 17th. We'll meet at 8:00 PM to better accomodate folks driving in from out of town.

Longhorn Restaurant

4535 S. Padre Island Drive

Corpus Christi, TX 78411

361-853-5664

http://www.yourfavoritesteak.com/home.nxg

If you can make it, we'd love to see you there. Current Attendees include:

Fullauto_Shooter

M Ammo

Rodeo Clown

Brazos

Brad Phair

Skillshot

Someone said to ck this link for good eats, thats all the incentive I need! 2 of us from the Austin area are mailing our match entries tomorrow and we want to be added to your reservation list for dinner Saturday night. See you soon, Alan C. (jacspopo) & Tim B.

Hello folks.

Wondering if anyone else will be shooting a real carbine.

That is a 30 cal carbine. I would like to shoot one at the match but don't want to be the only one. Hope I can drum up some competition. If not I will go back to trusted tactical optics.

Please, someone say they will!

Regardless, I am happy to say I will be able to make the match this year.

I live 5 minutes from the range and had to miss last year.

So yall come on down and enjoy the wind.

Ty Gentry

Updated list of folks who will be at the Pre-match Dinner. If you plan to attend and aren't on the list, please let me know so I can get the reservation numbers straight - Thanks!!

Fullauto_Shooter

M Ammo

Rodeo Clown

Brazos

Brad Phair

Skillshot

PowerSlave

Aircooled6Racer

Jacspopo (Alan C)

Tim B.

Merlin Orr

Ken Hebert

Daniel Ernest

Mrs. Ernest

Bishop 3 (+1)

Larry White (Maybe)

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

We're up to 19 now!! Benny sent me a note saying that he and Kurt Miller will probably be there too.

Fullauto_Shooter

M Ammo

Rodeo Clown

Brazos

Brad Phair

Skillshot

PowerSlave

Aircooled6Racer

Jacspopo (Alan C)

Tim B.

Merlin Orr

Ken Hebert

Daniel Ernest

Mrs. Ernest

Bishop 3 (+1)

Larry White (Maybe)

Benny Hill (Probably)

Kurt Miller (Probably)

Looking pretty good now - 23 currently attending (including a few probables).

ETA: Thanks for the note Mike - we'll see you there.

Fullauto_Shooter

M Ammo

Rodeo Clown

Brazos

Brad Phair

Skillshot

PowerSlave

Aircooled6Racer

Jacspopo (Alan C)

Tim B.

Merlin Orr

Ken Hebert