Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello, my name is Mike Wirth and I am the Registrar for the match.

We will be having Registration at the times listed in the schedule of events as planned:

http://idahouspsa.com/area1/schedule.htm

However, we will also offer registration at the match hotel during the Shooters Meeting (thursday 1900-2000) and the Random Prize Drawing (Friday 1900-2000)

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND REGISTERING AT ONE OF THESE TIMES AND NOT THE MORNING YOU ARE GOING TO SHOOT.

Oh Sorry, there was a gummy bear stuck on my Caps Lock key.

Here is the location of the match hotel:

http://idahouspsa.com/area1/lodging.htm

It is the Holiday Inn Ontario, the 1st one on the list.

Thanks and please don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

-Mike Wirth

mikewirth2005 AT gmail.com

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm here in Ontario, OR (HI Express) and it's about 8:45pm and it's still pretty lighted out there. Was not aware of the change to Mountain time (one more hour ahead). It's only 4:45pm back home.... :unsure:

What is there to do here?

Ate at the Country Kitchen.....good pie

:mellow:

See all of you guys soon :cheers:

I am unable to make it to the match. I hope everyone has a great time!!!!

:cheers:

:( I was looking forward to shooting with and learning a few things from you Bret

Maybe next time, hope all is well :cheers:

Hi Ya Folks,

This thing is on the ground!

We start competing in the morning - if anyone gets this in time, staff meeting thursday morning at 7am sharp.

As Mike mentioned, we can register folks several other times than as published.

Looking forward to meeting all competitors and shaking their hands, and telling them thanks!!

TimE

I keep watching the videos on that Polish Plate Rack. Anyone want to offer a strategy on that thing? I can't figure out why on the first video posted the thing just takes off spinning clockwise when the next-to-last plate is downed...

I keep watching the videos on that Polish Plate Rack. Anyone want to offer a strategy on that thing? I can't figure out why on the first video posted the thing just takes off spinning clockwise when the next-to-last plate is downed...

Srtategy is to shoot the plates in an order that keeps either of the weights from falling off. Keep it balanced. Plate order can change based on misses, delays, etc. If you're fast enough, just walk back and forth and let it rock a little.

It's a fun plate rack, but too exciting for slow shooters like me.

Be there tomorrow!

Srtategy is to shoot the plates in an order that keeps either of the weights from falling off. Keep it balanced. Plate order can change based on misses, delays, etc. If you're fast enough, just walk back and forth and let it rock a little.

It's a fun plate rack, but too exciting for slow shooters like me.

Be there tomorrow!

I've seen three distinct methods for clearing the Polish Plate rack - depending upon shooters ability. center out, left to right and back and a weird back and forth that keeps it still. But with any of them, a miss will get it moving quickly. We are offering it as well, in a side match to benefit the Idaho Junior shooters program. One run for $3 or two for $5.

midnite and my feet hurt. Face hurts from grinning all day.

TimE

WOW,

What a great match, just a little slow on Friday PM, but there was RAIN ???? (at a place that gets around 10 inches a year !!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

This was my first match to fly into. I've figured a few things out.

DON'T Fly in and shoot the next day. Give yourself a day to get over it (ESP if your flying east to west and have to be up at 4 AM.

I'll post later on more, Thanks to all who worked so hard.

NOW you guys do another next year and I'll drag another Tenneseean out with me.

Hop

Oh, the polish plate rack.......

No problem, just don't miss.

Edited by hopalong

Done shooting. The stages were pretty good even with the wind & rain on Friday :blink: . Wasn't ready for that one (freezing). Yeah, next time I'll bring rain and wind gear too.

Got to see a lot of old friends and some new ones.

With the side matches to benefit the Junior shooting program, how about.....

Let each shooter have one 'mulligan' for $25 to reshoot one stage? Could raise a lot of $$$. Just a thought :devil:

Thanks for a good time, now off to Hell's :devil: Canyon (good name for a stage ;) )

Oh yeah, I was told I am the evil twin :lol:

Kudos to the match staff and to squad 23 :cheers::cheers:

B)

Edited by HI5-O

Hey Hop

I really want to say thanks.

To you, LPatterson and all who worked the match.

And a special thanks to all members of squad 24 for making my first big match the best match I’ve attended.

I’ve been to enough local matches to know the squad can really affect the enjoyment of a match. It was a privilege to be on squad 24 (even those foreigners from that strange country called Montana were great).

I intend to get some hearthco clips, heard they can be made special for starline brass.

Should help a bit, but practices and determination will help the most.

I will be at more big matches (one way or another) hope to see you guys there.

Leonard

I shot the match and had to leave after my last shot. I noticed in the official match results that my scores for stages 1, 9, 10, and 11 are missing. My shooter number was 113 and my USPSA number is FY42206. If anybody who reads this can investigate why so many of my stages are missing, I would appreciate it. I have the yellow copies if the white copies are somehow lost. Probably a simple error, but this gross an error questions match result integrity.

I had a great time and the match was well run. Just want to know how I really performed.

Thanks

Chaps, FY42206.

Looks like they are there to me.

I shot the match and had to leave after my last shot. I noticed in the official match results that my scores for stages 1, 9, 10, and 11 are missing. My shooter number was 113 and my USPSA number is FY42206. If anybody who reads this can investigate why so many of my stages are missing, I would appreciate it. I have the yellow copies if the white copies are somehow lost. Probably a simple error, but this gross an error questions match result integrity.

I had a great time and the match was well run. Just want to know how I really performed.

Thanks

Chaps, FY42206.

Sorry, we didn't have the ability to change the title of the interim results. All we could do was to name them accordingly.

The correct one to view of the three is Area 1 2009 FINAL Results.

Area 1 2009 FINAL Results

2009 Area 1 Saturday Interim Results

Area 1 2009 Interim Results

Thanks again,

Mike Wirth

Area 1 Assistant MD

Never mind! I see that the real match results are correct, and that the Idaho web page had "final" results that weren't quite final.

Thanks. Fun match!

Randy Chapman