Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't shot a match, any match, since the 2008 Wyoming State in Casper last Memorial weekend. To say that I'm hungry for a good match would be like saying that Wyoming is a little breezy. :rolleyes:

See you there!!!!

One litte item: Now if someone happens to be, let's say, completely sane and they sign up for the Area match any way (i know kinda doubtful) . And lets say they have injuries which preclude their participation in the zip line event, (likely just skeerd) and they elect not to do side event, can they designate an idiot to take their turn?

Anyways, when you see a big red "DI" on my match application, that's what it's about.

Sam: This would likely fall under 10.2.10 although that would be up to the RM. Although "skeerd" may or not qualify unless you stand in front of your squad and shout "I are a lilly livered little sissy wimp!" :roflol:

Sam: This would likely fall under 10.2.10 although that would be up to the RM. Although "skeerd" may or not qualify unless you stand in front of your squad and shout "I are a lilly livered little sissy wimp!" :roflol:

Sorry, Not taking the chance of me falling out of the sky for some shooting competition. My @$$ was meant to stay on the ground. If i was meant to be up in the air, god would have given me wings (NOT RED BULL) :ph34r:

Who says a crappy economy isn't good for something? Friday one of the project vendors agreed to move their time line up and not charge a change order. I might be able to make this one after all!

Now I just need another vendor to agree to push their part of another project and...

Sorry, Not taking the chance of me falling out of the sky for some shooting competition. My @$$ was meant to stay on the ground. If i was meant to be up in the air, god would have given me wings (NOT RED BULL) :ph34r:

Just so we dont let the rumors get too far outta hand with the fun, I hope you guys realise

that the zip line stage will be a side match, not in the main match :wacko:

We just signed contracts for the match hotels and will be updating the website very very soon. :rolleyes:

Are there going to be any stages with the Kubota involved since it's at the Parma range?

Well, we dont really wanna let the cat outta the bag but we are adding a potato harvester

to the back of it and a planter on the front, it will be on one of the 200yd ranges if that

is any clue!

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

We haven't finalized the design of the shirt yet, but suffice it to say it

will be on par with last years TechWear USA Area 1 shirt,

meaning same fabric and shirt style, but with new coloring and graphics.

If you decide at the match that you want one, we will allow you to order it there for shipping

later.

Tim,

Could you post the design of the match shirt? That way we can decide if we want one.

Thanks Craig

The match is filling up quickly. I spoke with Mike Wirth in registration and paid shooters are at 100+ as of today. The sooner you get your ap in the more likely you are to get what you want as far as slots and squadding.

I am going to drive up from Texas for this match. I want to make a trip out of it. I am starting with the High Dessert Classic in New Mexico on the 5th of June. This gives me two weeks of cross country driving, I want to find some matches on the way to Idaho.

This year Mike Seeklander and I will be teaching a competition handgun course before the Area 1 match. The class will be on Thursday June 18, 2009 at the Parma Rod and Gun Club, the site of the 2009 Area 1 Championship. On Friday and Saturday all the students will shoot with Mike and I. We'll be able to show you how we shoot stages and provide pointers on your individual performance under match conditions. Mike did this class before last years Area 1 with Phil Strader and everyone I talked to had a great time. Below is the info from the US Shooting Academy webstie. To signup you have to contact the US Shooting Academy directly. Make sure once you get into the class you sign up right away for Area 1 and let them know you are in the US Shooting Academy class.

Thanks,

Chuck

"Come hone your skills before the Area 1 Championship with two USPSA Grandmasters, Mike Seeklander and Chuck Anderson. Mike and Chuck will provide you with 1 full day of instruction on the range and two days of coaching during the Area 1 competition. Maximum class size is 10 students to maximize the instructor to student ratio. Furthermore, students must ensure that they get signed up on the same squad as the class group. The course will be conducted at the beautiful Parma Rod and Gun Club in Parma, Idaho. Report time for day 1 of the course is 7:45 AM.

This is a fast-paced course with focus ranging from fundamental gun handling techniques to advanced concepts, such as match and stage preparation, shooting on the move, advanced gun handling, and explosive movement. Students will experience these drills under simulated match conditions and pressure. You will leave this course armed with the skill and technique, and a solid training plan that will allow you to run with the best!

A few of the critical elements included in this class:

Elements of training for High Performance

Gear Setup/Adjustment

High Performance gun manipulation techniques including key index points

Principles of Dynamic and Fluid movement

Match Planning

Stage Breakdown and performance preparation

Mental Training Secrets/ Match Pressure

Concepts of Speed (and where to find it on a stage)"

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/training_course.aspx?id=66

Here is the class link. Price is $295.00. Round count is about 750.

Entry is in the mail somewhere between Tn and ID.

I see where the SAT AM/Sun AM squads are full. That is what I was hoping for. Oh well, I'll take whatever since I plan on being there Fri,Sat,Sun any way.

See ya'll there.

Hopalong

Geez didn't think it would fill up so fast.

Are Area-1 competitiors guaranteed spots if application is sent it by certain date like last year?

Hi Homie & Hopalong,

Yes, area 1 competitors are guaranteed entries if postmarked by Feb 28, 2009

Shooting period and squadding requests are first come first served,

and we did realize that there may be some crossing in the mail.

We are attempting to fulfill requests in this order:

Shooting period preference follow by squad-mates requests.

There might be a few spots left on sat / sun shooting periods,

and also a few spots on staff match day for extenuating circumstances

- for example someone who desires to shoot both area 1 and area 5.

Tim Egan

Check will be in the mail :)

Looking forward to this years match.

B)

Looking forward to meeting you again - I'll have to have a couple of my locals find a really good restaurant!

Kewl, app and check in the mail today, airline res made, hotel res made and driving in from Portland, OR. Now gotta find things for my wife to do while I shoot :D ......

Looking forward to more "Idaho Spuds" (the chocolate kine) :)

B)