Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Limited From Halfman Custom Handguns

blkbrd

Thank you;

Yes, its a Wilson rear sight, Dawson .090"front.

SVI frame with HCH grip treatment for small hands, frame & safety blended for a very high hold, and some decorative ball machining.

SVI 3 sided slide with ICBF, Fully lightned in and out, Brazos does have the look and I agree with his theory on slide vs. gun weight, Top serrated 40LPI, rear 50LPI, polished hard chrome on sides, brushed on upper flats with decorative ball machining on slide and frame.

Koeing hammer, SVI tri-glide trigger system, 2.2lb crisp, Enos up insert, Nowlin bull barrel with long freebore , Limcat XL firing pin, Dawson ICE brass magwell, Wilson tungsten guide rod, 1 Wilson .90 buffer, Z-M Weapons steel mainspring housing, EGW sear, ISMI 12.5lb recoil and 17lb mainsprings.

It was a bit more than 15, 2K after all was said and done, I don't get dealer cost.

I don't know who does his hardcrome but he seems happy with them, and so am I.

• 4 months later...
As of now the gun is still broken, barrel link snapped due to bad barrel to frame fit. :angry:

It is a pretty gun but I have never been able to get many rounds through it before having to send it back for repair. It was not the mags or ammo it was the gun. :(

Any word on your gun yet?

Beautiful wepon,

Sounds like the gun is stoping its stroke on the linkand not on the frame bridge. I had a gun with similar problems and the fix is up to the smith as follows. install a longer than normal link that allows the barrel to contact the frame and stop there. After making contact work on the link so that it does not make contact in full batery. (this is the easy way and will work in a pinch)

The proper way to resolve this problem is to add material to the bridge or barrel and properly machine.

The way you know the frame and barrel are making contact are the transfer of machine marks from the frame to the barrel and vise versa.

This is a comon problem when buying pre machined frames. If you use a barrel other than the manufacturer of the frame the tolerance stacking can get you into troble.As little as .003 can cause problems.

with this sort of problem ejection and exstraction can become very eradic as the barrel will stop at diferent places and position the spent case on the slide in diferent places on each shot. the cases will shoot all over the place and some times not even make it out of the ejection port. I have seen guns that were bad enough that the barrel flotes around and exstraction is efected

The frame cut is with out question the most important cut in a 1911 with a ramped barrel .You must have a positive stop at the end of the barrels stroke or the thing will never work.

Good luck hope all works out for you.

Johnnnie

The guy really is gifted in the cosmetics department ... about the only criticism I have is the HUGE billboard that he created for himself. Unfortunately, the billboard will not be helpful if the gun does not work. Shame he could not get the basics right before he spent all the work on the cosmetics.

Hope he is able to get it working for you.

Leo

Hell, he can't even use it for a paperweight, the smith still has it. The way I read it its been gone aug 14th. Benny could have built him 3 or 4 that work in that time, they might not be that pretty but mine has shot a lot of matches since aug.Larry

Hell, he can't even use it for a paperweight, the smith still has it. The way I read it its been gone aug 14th. Benny could have built him 3 or 4 that work in that time, they might not be that pretty but mine has shot a lot of matches since aug.Larry

You hit it on the head bro. Benny don't no shiznitty guns, he builds guns that work. If I remember right, I got my 6" on a Friday and shot it on a match Sat with zero problems, I had ZERO problems with mine the entire time I had it and, I probably had 15-20K through it.

FYI

I live not to far from Josh and have had him build me a gun. His prices are cheep and he is a nice guy, but it would be hard to find anyone in this area that would do business with him a second time.

Nice looking piece there. Hey at least when the link broke you looked cool doing it with such a nice looking shiny gun :D Give the guy a break, because all this bad tripping won't do any good. The problem should be a quick fix, I had a gun with the same type of problem and the gunsmith couldn't figure it out. I learned what the problem was and solved it with the correct link and a bit light filing. josh

• 2 weeks later...