Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon overhaul servise

I was tinking about sending one of my SDBs back to them for an overhaul. It will be interested to see your results. I have seen other posts indicating that people were very pleased with the overhaul they received. I would expect nothing less from Dillon, they rock! Good luck and don't bit your nails too short while you wait, it will only make your trigger finger sore.

In my case, I left my SD out in the garage for 12 years, and it

rusted. - They replaced or fixed everything that was rusted =-

all MY fault, not theirs. But they fixed everything anyway -

super service, and quick - no charge to me, except for my

shipping the reloader to them.

Dumb question, but what do they do for the overhaul??

Everything broken was replaced. Everything dirty was cleaned. All delrin parts replaced. Lubed. New powder tube. New springs.

I'm not sure that everyone would get exactly the same treatment. If parts are not warn, they may not replace them. For example, I don't know if new springs is standard, or only when they look worn.

Mine was an older model without the double-charge safety interlock. They didn't upgrade it, which is fine by me.

I've seen some pictures (forget where) of a 550 that had almost rusted to dust, and they restored it to like-new.

Dumb question, but what do they do for the overhaul??

My main shaft is wobbling around a bit, and just about all of the arms had play in them. I started having alignment problems, but it was somewhat an inconvience. It still made fair ammo, but not as good as the newer model that sits next to it.

Mine didn't take long but I live 3 hours away. :D

I was very happy with mine since the press was in bad shape and it came back like new.

Neal in AZ

Hi Neal. My name is Neal too, from SC. We even spell our names the same. It's usuallu Neil :roflol:

I was tinking about sending one of my SDBs back to them for an overhaul. It will be interested to see your results. I have seen other posts indicating that people were very pleased with the overhaul they received. I would expect nothing less from Dillon, they rock! Good luck and don't bit your nails too short while you wait, it will only make your trigger finger sore.

Sent an antique SD in and came back like new with all missing parts replaced & even replaced old-style (but functional) PM system with new style. Several thousand rounds later, a couple of the helicoils (which accept the toolhead bolts) worked out and they replaced the frame. Good service is one thing but Dillon is in a class of their own.

I have a Dillon RL1050. The original style. I bought a totally worn out RL1050 in 38 special. The 1050 is considered a commercial press and does NOT have the lifetime NO B.S. policy. They took my 38sp 1050 that was totally worn out. In about 2 weeks I picked up a completely new RL1050. My cost? $0.00

I then had my original 1050 rebuilt. Again a completely new RL1050. Again my cost, $0.00. No guarantee, no charge, NO B.S. Just how Dillon does business. I will always buy Dillon Blue!!

I have a Dillon RL1050. The original style. I bought a totally worn out RL1050 in 38 special. The 1050 is considered a commercial press and does NOT have the lifetime NO B.S. policy. They took my 38sp 1050 that was totally worn out. In about 2 weeks I picked up a completely new RL1050. My cost? $0.00

I then had my original 1050 rebuilt. Again a completely new RL1050. Again my cost, $0.00. No guarantee, no charge, NO B.S. Just how Dillon does business. I will always buy Dillon Blue!!

I love you Dillon :cheers:

Dillon is Absolutely AMAZING! :cheers:

A.T.

P.S. I don't reload,....yet! When I do, it will be a Dillon 650.

• 2 weeks later...

:roflol::roflol::roflol: My 550 arived this morning. I have always known that Dillon would do a superb job, but opening that box was nothing but pure joy. The press is as good or better that new. It was even repowder coated.

It is like drinking cool water from grandma's well, in the hot summertime, just to know that there is a company like Dillon, In the USA.

I LOVE DILLON

:roflol::roflol::roflol: My 550 arived this morning. I have always known that Dillon would do a superb job, but opening that box was nothing but pure joy. The press is as good or better that new. It was even repowder coated.

It is like drinking cool water from grandma's well, in the hot summertime, just to know that there is a company like Dillon, In the USA.

I LOVE DILLON

Congratulations, I know the feeling. What else can you say?, great products, great people, great company!

I have had my 550 press for 12 - 13 yrs. As of late I had been experiencing some problems with it. Mainly the main shaft had some play into it, everytime I would bring the handle down it would move to the right more than it should. I live in Phoenix so I called Dillon and explained the problems I had been having. The person on the phone told me that I should bring it in for an over haul at no charge. When I went down to pick it up the machine looked the way it did when it was new. Not only did they upgrade it to the new style , but the replaced stuff that really didnt need to be replaced! If you are thinking about having your press overhauled.........it is well worth it!

Rchjr

I have had my 550 press for 12 - 13 yrs. As of late I had been experiencing some problems with it. Mainly the main shaft had some play into it, everytime I would bring the handle down it would move to the right more than it should. I live in Phoenix so I called Dillon and explained the problems I had been having. The person on the phone told me that I should bring it in for an over haul at no charge. When I went down to pick it up the machine looked the way it did when it was new. Not only did they upgrade it to the new style , but the replaced stuff that really didnt need to be replaced! If you are thinking about having your press overhauled.........it is well worth it!

Rchjr

I'm feeling nothing but ritchosnes :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...