Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon overhaul servise

Dillon signed for for my SDB on November 28th. They shipped it back on December 15th. It arrived today. This puppy is brand new in every way I am amazed at the things they don't charge for. It was my intention to sell it when I got it back because I already have 3 other Dillon presses with a new 550 on the way but now I am not sure.

Thanks Dillon

Dillon signed for for my SDB on November 28th. They shipped it back on December 15th. It arrived today. This puppy is brand new in every way I am amazed at the things they don't charge for. It was my intention to sell it when I got it back because I already have 3 other Dillon presses with a new 550 on the way but now I am not sure.

Thanks Dillon

Of course if you sell it now, you'll have to deal with the bad karma later..... :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dillon

Of course if you sell it now, you'll have to deal with the bad karma later..... :roflol:

I've got an old 550 purchased in '87 and heavily used for many years. Unfortunately, it has also be neglected (just not used) for more than 5 years now. I've now retired and getting back into shooting and reloading. In the process of getting reacquainted with my press, I've discovered the left link arm is stiff, and the more i move it the stiffer it gets. In reading the many informative post here I’m convince the pin is galling. Should i try to repair this myself, or send it back. If you recommend sending it back, what parts would you send (i.e. the powder measure too) and where would you recommend finding a box sturdy enough to secure the press without all that fancy Styrofoam that things are shipped in?

Thanks for you advice LTC

Thanks Dillon

I've got an old 550 purchased in '87 and heavily used for many years. Unfortunately, it has also be neglected (just not used) for more than 5 years now. I've now retired and getting back into shooting and reloading. In the process of getting reacquainted with my press, I've discovered the left link arm is stiff, and the more i move it the stiffer it gets. In reading the many informative post here I’m convince the pin is galling. Should i try to repair this myself, or send it back. If you recommend sending it back, what parts would you send (i.e. the powder measure too) and where would you recommend finding a box sturdy enough to secure the press without all that fancy Styrofoam that things are shipped in?

Thanks for you advice LTC

I'd call Dillon, explain the problem and go from there. If you choose to send it in for a re-build, just box it up in a suitably sized cardboard box packed in whatever you have on hand...crumpled newspaper worked for me. They will tell you what to include when they issue a return number...normally, complete press with one caliber conversion minus, the locator buttons. FWIW, Dillon will return it in a factory box.