Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benny's Personal 6 In.

benny hill

Ummmm, bushing barrel, why (I do remember reading somewhere that it's less weight banging into the frame)? What about the guild rod, steal I presume?

Could you do that to a Para of mine, please ... well pretty please?

Benny,

That thing is pretty! Would you let it come play with my pretty open gun at the Limited Nationals? :D

Actually, Benny, the real question is: "Are you bringing that pretty little thing to the TX State Limited Championship next weekend?"

Liota

Benny--

Even if the guns in the photo(s) ARE in bed, it's a really, really neat gun and I meant to mention that. B);)

Yep, this thread got off to a weird start... :D

PS--(The Texas Chili thread is a scream! I nearly croaked laughing!

I'm still picking up pieces of my a** off the floor!!) :lol::lol:

Edited by SiG Lady

And here I was thinking that WILF was an acronym along the lines of Bea Arthur-- guns in bed musta REALLY gotten you in trouble if that was the case.

Questions for you, Benny: is there any particular reason that you like building your personal guns with a single-sided safety?

Also, I noticed that the last Fat Free .40 that was on your site was built on an STI frame with the CM prefix-- does that designate a wide frame-- it looks like a wide frame (in the side on shot), but was it? Did you/do you prefer wide frames? This current gun looks to be built on a standard frame, correct?

Do those lightening cuts function as cocking serrations? On my FFF, I absolutely LOVE the position of the cocking serrations. Why they haven't become/aren't more popular in that position on IPSC guns is beyond me. GREAT innovation! :D

Hey SiG, that "Blasters between the sheets" sounds like either a title to a XXXX rated movie OR the title of a post by the "Taster #3" in the chili cookoff!!!!  :P    :lol:    :P      :D

Jeff

Jeff,

never ever heard Pierce Brosnan (a.k.a. the latest James Bond) refer to it as "safe sex"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes but, 007 doesn't have the good taste to have real guns ;)

He got, nice cars, beautiful women , especially in last one (Halle Berry) but, a Walther P99 :(

I dream that one day, 007 will show up a nice limited blaster, or like Don Johnson did in "Nash Bridges".

BTW, anybody knows what gun it was ?

For sure a 1911 with a short comp, but who made it ?

Jan Fleming wasn't very accustomed to guns, it's a matter of fact, but that particular reply in the movie was really funny. :D

Concerning the gun you refer to: I can't recall it perfectly (was it a 1911 style with a single port comp?), but I think it could have been a Wilson gun, with a commander slide mated to a Wilson LE (sounds this familiar to our Host? ;) ) comp, that brought the whole assembly to the lenght of a Government model.

I think too it was a commander slide with a short full profile comp.

If my memory is good, it was bicolor, and he carried it in a Galco holster like the one hu used in Miami Vice.

And that car :wub: , a Hemi Cuda, in fact I read once that it was not a "real" Hemi Cuda, it was made form a Barracuda, then converted to a convertible, but that car is AWESOME :wub:

http://www.nashbridges.com/index.html

Ha! Check it out... Somebody was interpreting hand-scrawled chicken-scratch penmanship, or a computer was doing piss-poor optical character recognition.

Barrel: 4" Compensated Bar 510 (Bar-Sto?)

grip safety with memory grove (groove)

skelontonized (wasn't he He-Man's nemesis?)

frame and visible parts are hardstormed (hard chromed or some new tactical finish?)

external modifications and cosmetics designed by Jim Zubiena

Hey, the famous IPSC shooter from an episode of Miami Vice!

Benny has no need for ambi-safeties. He flicks off the safety before transitioning to his weak hand.

Same here ~ not to mention that the weak hand side of the ambi hits my strong hand.

Benny has no need for ambi-safeties.  He flicks off the safety before transitioning to his weak hand.

Same here ~ not to mention that the weak hand side of the ambi hits my strong hand.

I use the weak side ambi just like I use the strong side ambi. It's a thumbrest for my weak hand.

Liota

• 4 weeks later...