Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dang hoarders!

Loves2Shoot

So my shop assistant went to the Sportsman's warehouse (2 minutes away) to pick up some 9mm and calls me saying they are out of 9mm ammo and has no small pistol primers :( I guess I have to break into my emergency stash, which really sucks.

I guess the bright side is the number of gun owners is increasing.

In a funny twist, I am going to run out of the primers I bought when Clinton was elected, before he took office. That's right, I have been burning through a stash of primers I bought 16 years ago!

I chuckle at how small the 1,000 count packages are, and the $10 price tags on them. (For you youngsters, primers used to ba packed all together in a tiny box).

Now, due to bad timing, I'll end up running out and buying again during a silly rush on supplies.

He's got a point there. It's like when you're driving down the highway .............

People who are Faster than you = Maniac :surprise:

People who are Slower than you = Idiot :angry:

:D :D :D

I don't want anyone driving MY speed! (Great Carlin routine)

But back to the thread:

Dang hoarders!

....... I guess I have to break into my emergency stash, which really sucks.

So... at what point does it go from an "emergency stash" to "Dang Horders..?" :P

:cheers: Yep, he got my point. I go looking to do some hoarding and find out I'm too late. :wacko:

You always beat me to Sportsman Warehouse. Good thing I have an "emergency stash" myself.

It sucks because we finally sold our old house and now we are in a position I can re-stock on reloading stuff and ammo as well as pick up a couple of toys I've been wanting... and the timing couldn't be worse. Now my orders are lumped in with those dang hoarders.

[Kinda like when I happen to be out of milk and it's snowing and everyone rushes to the store to buy a months worth of milk out of fear of the pending 2" of snow.... and I end up embarrassed to be in line.]

rvb

Mods, you can lock this post or delete it, I've officially joined the ranks of this group of evil hoarders.

Sportsman's got some 9mm ammo and small pistol primers in today, so I loaded up my truck with everything they had :ph34r:

I got home and the wife asked me what the heck I bought at Sportsman's (not a small bill), as she was doing the banking when I was at the store and saw the bill while I was driving home (2 minutes.) Fortunately she is understanding about need ammo to "test fire" all the guns in the shop.

More good news is that I got my .22 upper from the SVi from Tom at Tactical Solutions yesterday, so I might just be using it through the winter.

:ph34r: Look at it this way- as WE went through it in MA during the Brady Bill. People

got out of control on the componets- THEN it began- no primers, little powder, and even

less brass. So some people had plenty of stuff to make ammo, others were out. So when

those of us are out- who are YOU gonna shoot with- NO ONE! Unless you will sell-for what

you paid- to those that don't have it. At the time I had an FFL and had a very difficult time

locating the items needed to reload. My big supplyers just said- people are into the panic

buying-where here to sell- so they where also in the mess but saw the $$ on stuff going

mile high. When I was allowed to backorder- I sold very small amounts to the shooters

in the local clubs in my area- Cape Cod,Harvard,Scituate,Pelham and three or four more.

These shooters were able to continue shooting for the year untill things got back to normal.

With the new election I not only hear but am seeing these type of thing all over again.

Talk of a 500% tax or whatever is just plain frightening- If we have enough money to buy

these products- PLEASE give some to your shooting friends if the time appears that they

have to stop shooting- or shooting alone may be in the future! :rolleyes:

One of our local stores had 850 round cases of PMC 5.56 for $320. It seemed pricey so I passed. Then I was hit with the Dang Hoarder bug and went back in. All gone. The stack of metal cases was about 10 feet long and five feet high (at least a hundred cases-maybe more)-and it sold out in one week after the election! How can you be a hoarder if you can't find anything to hoard?