Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

It would appear that I spoke too soon. Not too long after my last entry in my diary I got a call from Techwear. I should have my shirts on Friday. Just in time for the Ohio match. :)

That's awesome. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see how mine is coming.

Good luck at state. Kick some ass.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got the results from Sundays match at MRPC.

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Carter, Daniel TY56482 B Production Minor N N N N 467.7963 100.00%

2 Timmerman, Nick A57868 C Production Minor N N N N 446.1954 95.38%

3 Steinmetz, Dan A64289 B Production Minor N N N N 415.3951 88.80%

4 Spencer, Steve A52906 B Production Minor N N N N 392.2813 83.86%

5 Smoot, Michael A52202 A Production Minor N N N N 369.6610 79.02%

6 Bostick, Chris A46484 C Production Minor N N N N 367.7594 78.62%

7 Lewis, Richard A63725 C Production Minor N N N N 363.2298 77.65%

8 Lichner, Sean U Production Minor N N N N 340.5359 72.80%

9 Sanders, Kevin A64885 C Production Minor N N N N 337.0625 72.05%

10 Sparks, Hughes A59787 C Production Minor N N N N 318.2848 68.04%

11 Utsch, Doug TY62741 D Production Minor N N N N 299.1354 63.95%

12 Woodward, Sarah A64840 D Production Minor N N N N 289.8438 61.96%

13 McClure, David A63505 D Production Minor N N N N 266.5770 56.99%

14 Dively, Andy A65258 U Production Minor N N N N 241.9567 51.72%

15 Rogers, Jason A65632 U Production Minor N N N N 229.4500 49.05%

16 Betts, Tyler U Production Minor N N N N 225.4822 48.20%

17 McFarland, Rick A62224 D Production Minor N N N N 206.5462 44.15%

18 Wilson, Andrew U Production Minor N N N N 194.0675 41.49%

19 Beatty, Rick A58044 D Production Minor N N N N 166.8634 35.67%

20 Cochran, Bob U Production Minor N N N N 127.9633 27.35%

21 Payne, Mitchell U Production Minor N N N N 65.9479 14.10%

22 Payne, Conrad U Production Minor N N N N 45.4969 9.73%

23 Wilson, John U Production Minor N N N N 27.0097 5.77%

This always makes you feel better when you spent your whole off day in court.

Just got the results from Sundays match at MRPC.

This always makes you feel better when you spent your whole off day in court.

At least you didn't waste a work day. Then who would be keeping Sin-ci safe?!

Congrats!! :cheers:

After a lot of recent problems at work I am ready for the Ohio match. I have had court for the last 4 days in a row....all day long and I haven't even seen the inside of the court room. I have been sitting in the hall for my turn to testify. Makes for some good money but a very long day. I was suppose to be at the range today qualifying with our department but I have to go to court instead. The good news is I now have Friday and Saturday off so I will be well rested for the 2 matches this weekend. I will get a couple more dry fire sessions in before I pack my stuff and I will be ready to go.

Ohio was a fun match and I was squaded with a bunch of great shooters. I wish I could have made a better show of it but I had a few really good stages. I have had a problem recently with failure to extract and it happend again at this match. I was hoping that it was a one time problem but it would appear that I need to get this fixed. I wish I could blame all of my problems on my gear but I can't. I need to work on a few things that I found myself doing again like not calling my shots and trying to go too fast. Funny but it my best stages feel like I'm going slow.

Funny but it my best stages feel like I'm going slow.

I think that is a universal phenomenon. Last classifier I shot I thought... oh, that was okay but I should have pushed it more. Turns out it was my best classifier ever. Perception is a funny, funny thing.

Glad you had a good time in Ohio. Can't wait to see the vids.

I just got back from the Oxford match and I think I did really well. With the exception of a mag fumble I felt good. I got a copy of the video from Sarah for the Ohio match. She did a great job putting it all together with music and everything. The only problem is she uses a mac and I have a PC so I can't get the sound to play. I also opened up a Photo Bucket account and I think I loaded it to my account but now I can't find it. I'm going to try to get this all sorted out and post some vids.

Just saw the results myself. I was a little worried after stage 2 but the rest of the match was good.

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age

Points Stg %

1 Carter, Daniel TY56482 B Production Minor N N N N

460.3581 100.00%

2 Morrison, Don A56330 B Production Minor N N N N

422.6803 91.82%

3 Bostick, Chris A46484 C Production Minor N N N N

412.8485 89.68%

4 Spencer, Steve A52906 B Production Minor N N N N Senior

389.5763 84.62%

5 Lewis, Richard A63725 C Production Minor N N N N Senior

309.8225 67.30%

6 Zillick, Ray A23755 C Production Minor N N N N Senior

305.4672 66.35%

7 Bills, Gordon A65086 U Production Minor N N N N

267.9531 58.21%

8 Heitz, Randy U Production Minor N N N N Senior

266.1466 57.81%

9 Woodward, Sarah A64840 D Production Minor Y N N N

229.0653 49.76%

10 Thomas, Robert U Production Minor N N N N

208.4240 45.27%

11 McFarland, Rick A62224 D Production Minor N N N N

207.6786 45.11%

12 Beatty, Rick A58044 C Production Minor N N N N

137.8965 29.95%

Printed: 10/04/2009 8:09 PM

I had several really good stages at Ohio and a couple I could have shot a lot better. Stage 1 is where I had my malfunction and it took FOREVER to clear it. I need to get a new extractor put in my pistol ASAP. I just started my plan for my off season today by going back to the gym. I have just got to lose some of this extra poundage. Dry fire and live fire is also worked into my plan along with a better diet. NO MORE DRIVE-THRU FOOD! Next season I want to come out and really kick some ass!

I had several really good stages at Ohio and a couple I could have shot a lot better. Stage 1 is where I had my malfunction and it took FOREVER to clear it.

Hey, we cut that 24 seconds out of the video! You aren't supposed to come out and confess on the internet!!! :roflol:

Addict

I had several really good stages at Ohio and a couple I could have shot a lot better. Stage 1 is where I had my malfunction and it took FOREVER to clear it.

Hey, we cut that 24 seconds out of the video! You aren't supposed to come out and confess on the internet!!! :roflol:

Addict

Thanks for trying to cover for me but anyone who has seen the results for the stages would have thought I went to sleep or something on stage 1. I WILL have that little problem fixed soon!

I have now completed 2 whole days of workouts. :cheers:

Now all I have to do is keep it up for 6 months!!!!

Day 3 of my plan has been completed and I'm still going strong. Another 30 minutes of cardio today. I will stick with the cardio for the first 2 weeks then add wieghts alternating upper and lower body workouts while doing cardio everyday Monday thru Saturday. Sunday is my off day and I can eat what I want. I'm trying not to do too much at one time so I don't get burned out. I will be adding dry fire every other day starting in December. I would still like to find a place to do that in private so I don't have my kids under foot the entire time. I will be visiting my doctor in the next couple of weeks to get his advice on stopping dipping. I figure the money I would save would cover match fees for the entire season. Not to mention the health benefits. Pray for me! I'm going to need it.

Maybe next year I can look like this:

post-9882-1254957019.gif

I took my 7 year old out on a movie date last night and had a great time. Problem is I ate things I shouldn't have so I turned this date into my "Off Day". I did get in a 20 minute cardio before the date so I'm really ahead by a workout. I will have to come up with a way to get a cardio in on Sunday. Funny but I have only been on my plan for 4 days and I actually felt bad about eating popcorn and drinking Mt Dew. I guess as long as I make it up come Sunday I should be back on track.

Spent 40 minutes on the cardio today and checked myself on some start weights for my upper body workouts that will begin in about 10 days. I want to make sure I start out with enough wieght to get a good workout without hurting myself. Tomorrow was going to be my off day but my little outing with my daughter changed my plan. If my new digital scale is correct I have already lost between 2 and 5 pounds depending on what time of day I check it. Once I start wieght training I expect my wieght to increase but my pants should fit better. :lol:

Just got the replacement extractor from S&W. Now I just need to find someone to install it. If this is a redesigned version I don't see the difference but we will see what it will do ine way or the other.

I have spent the last weeks doing cardio and it feels great! Some days I put in the scheduled 30 minutes and some days I add 10 minutes. I will keep this up for another week then add in some wieght training. I have exercises for upper and lower body and will alternate every other day while still doing the cardio for 30 min. a day. I am also doing very well with eating the things I need to and not eating the things I shouldn't. The only drive-thru I've seen is picking up happy meals for my kids. After four weeks of doing the workouts I will start with dry fire 3 to 4 times a week. I am still looking for a space big enough indoors that I can use without having someone call the police on me for running around with a gun in my hand. I don't have a garage big enough to make a "dojo" out of and even if I did it would be full of my wifes crap.

I will also be taking a class from Robert Vogel this weekend which I hope will help me out with some of my issues.