Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

All-in-all I ended the day HOA in production. PB was shooting limited or I would have been 2nd even with his massive hangover.

:roflol::roflol:

Don't downplay your HOA win bro! You won against some strong competitors...and your combined placement was excellent as well :)

Prepping the trigger was a big awakening for me in one handed shooting as well. Once you turn that weakness into a strength you can stop coughing up big points on wh/sh stages.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have several weeks before Area 8 rolls around so I'm taking the time to look at some of my recent video of myself and see what I can do to improve. The one that sticks out :huh: is the fact that I haven't been to the gym for my workouts for several weeks and I am not eating the way I should. I will be working on that little issue as well as mag changes and movement exercises. I'm also going to work on my strong and weak hand shooting (prepping the trigger). I also need to work on my mental game. I'm trying to get a system in place so I start every stage with the right amount of motivation and the right mind set.

Well, I've started watching what I eat again but haven't been able to get to the gym yet. They are trying to kill me with court. I had 4 cases today that lasted until noon....I got off work at 7 am. Now that I've had my required 4 hours of sleep it is my turn to watch the kids while my wife goes to her workout and THEN I go back to work tonight. Of course.....I don't do anything to help my better half with the kids or clean up the house. Hold on.....I have to start another load of dishes. :lol: Maybe this should be a hate rant but there is no point. It is never going to change.

I will be trying to get some dry fire time in tonight at work and maybe some live fire after court. I will be making a plan as to what I want to concentrate on while I am at work as well. I'm going to pull my Anderson dry fire books back out and work on some of those drills as well.

Spent more than an hour in dry fire mode yesterday. I didn't get out to the range because court lasted too long....again. However, I am off Thursday and Friday and plan to get to the range on one of those days. Reliable reloads and draws to first "A" hit are at or just over 1 second. As far as the reloads go I still need to learn to keep the gun up and I am still having difficulty every once in a while hitting the mag button. If I get out to the range I will be working on a few bill drills, box to box drills and shooting on the move. I need to learn to bend my knees a little more while moving so I can stop bouncing from one position to the next.

Sorry to hear about court hassles... You have to stop arresting people so you can rest a bit at work :rolleyes:

If you think it might help with the little woman you can use me as an excuse, "Sorry honey, I have to go meet my training partner Addict. Cant let him down!" :cheers:

Addict

Ya, I know. I just can't stand letting that suspended driver keep driving and crashing into you then taking off. You, of course, would be screaming at the top of your lungs "Why isn't a cop around when you need one." People always want to say that I should be dealing with "REAL" criminals. The truth of the matter is that more people die every year in the City of Cincinnati from auto accidents than for any other reason and the majority of them were caused by speeders, suspended drivers and drunks. My mandate is to protect Life, Property and the peace.....in that order! If I don't do it then who will?

Rant off.

Ya, I know. I just can't stand letting that suspended driver keep driving and crashing into you then taking off. You, of course, would be screaming at the top of your lungs "Why isn't a cop around when you need one." People always want to say that I should be dealing with "REAL" criminals. The truth of the matter is that more people die every year in the City of Cincinnati from auto accidents than for any other reason and the majority of them were caused by speeders, suspended drivers and drunks. My mandate is to protect Life, Property and the peace.....in that order! If I don't do it then who will?

Rant off.

:cheers:

If all goes as I plan (and it never does) I will get some range time after court today. My practice session will look like this:

1. Accuracy at 25 yrds.

2. Transition on 2 targets 10 ft apart at 30 ft.

3. Bill drill (X5 or until I'm happy :D ).

4. Plate rack at 30 ft.

5. Movement exercises box to box (10 ft apart, 2 targets at 25 ft).

6. Same as above with mag change.

If time permits I will add additional items. I also am going to hit the gym again after letting that go for far too long. I may not be able to do that today but probably Tuesday. I can feel the difference in my body when I don't workout and I don't like it.

I got to the range to find out that SWAT had taken over the range for the day so as is the norm something went wrong with my plan. I did get some dry fire in and I did get to the gym for a fast cardio before I went home to get some sleep. This should be a good night to get some more dry fire in as it is supposed to rain so our fine people of Cincinnati will stay inside....hopefully!

For dry fire practice I'm going to work on:

1. Table starts and reloads from the table.

2. Draws and reloads

3. Turn and draws

4. Bill drills

I just help to set up tomorrows match at MRPC. It should be a good one even if it does rain. I'm going to get all my gear set up so I don't have to worry about it in the morning. My key for tomorrow is going to be calling my shots and get moving. The classifier is rather easy as long as I hit where I want to hit.

As always I had a great time yesterday. I could have done some things better but all in all I would say I had a good match. I had 1 reload go wrong (from a table) and a foot fault on another stage. All the normal characters were there and I had a good time. I guess that is what really matters in the end. I got a chance to learn a little about how to do the match scoring and it didn't turn out to be as hard as I thought it would be. Just seems to be a lot of steps to get to the finished product. I didn't take any video because I forgot my camera was in my bag. I guess I'll get some footage at Oxford next weekend.

I haven't gotten much practice in lately. We have had a lot of rain and people don't know how to drive so I've been busy with accidents. The good news is I'm off this weekend and I have a match at Oxford. I'm going to try to convince my better half to let me go to Circleville as well. We will have to see about that. If not then I should still be able to get some dry fire in.

Finally getting those no shoots to duck for you Dan? I was hoping you'd make it up to the West Penn Sectional to have a talk with them for me! Take care!

I had a great time at the Western PA a couple years back. I would love to have made it but the money only stretches so far.

I just had a talk with the better half. Looks like I will be going to Circleville....but not to Oxford. She has something to do on Sunday and I don't think I would make it back in time so we came to this agreement. Hey we can't have everything.

I had a good time at Circleville. Not a lot of shooters in production but I took 3rd....again. The classifier was a bear and I don't think I ever want to shoot it again. It gets kinda old losing to the same 2 people all the time but I can't take anything from them. They shot a lot better than I did. My points are pretty good but it always comes down to time. I need to evaluate where I am losing all this time and work on getting rid of these problems. I had my first malfunction with my M&P ever yesterday. It was a failure to extract. It didn't happen again but it made me upset at the time. I guess it was a bad round. Anyway, I have to get my equipment ready for Area 8. I need to blacken my sights and clean my gear. I'm confirming my hotel and getting a rental car. I'm getting everything done now so I don't have to worry about it at the last minute.

I got my gear all straight yesterday. I cleaned my pistol, put some Duracoat on my rear sight and 5 of my magazines and cleaned everything. I'm finalizing my plans for Area 8 and am ready to go. I got out of my patrol car last night and walked for a couple hours in our wonderful city (NOT!). Trying to get some much needed excercise and work at the same time. I may do this on a regular basis. Depending on calls for service I should be able to get close to 2 hours a night. I will be working on movement again along with some mag changes again. I guess my free time at the police range has been put on hold. They have stopped all practice time for the near future due to budget problems. Looks like a lot of people might lose jobs in the very near future. They will find out today who is being cut (if any). Funny, our city still has several million set aside for a city trolley system. What a JOKE!

Just got word that we will be laying off 138 officers by Sept. 6th with another 27 to go by Jan. Wow, this is going to be interesting!

Sorry to hear this Dan. Cinci could be a great town, but until they get a handle on crime not many will risk the potential going down town though I think it is more dangerous for the perps than the real people. Only city clowncil would decide slashing the police force will help the city longer than a pay period. Hope you are deep in the union ranks and far from danger.

Addict