Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

It is very nice. The backstrap is made of a different material and feels like rubber. This is the second time I've done it. My first try was with the M&P9 and it turned out just as good as this one. It was a huge leap to do this to my pistol. Kinda scared the crap out of me the first time I tried. I was so worried I would ruin my pistol but it turned out ok.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be there. It is my last chance to get in some real practice before the Area 8. We have a lot of work to do for the set up on Saturday so if you have the time come on out and give us a hand. We start set up at 2:00. If not I'll see you on Sunday.

I think I can be there Dan. Are we doing Steel City III??? I loved those stages! Nice grip treatment. Did Freedom do that for you? Mrs. Addict and I got in on the Ohio Sectionals-hope we got on your squad. Sounds like a busy day.

Addict

Just got back from setting up the match for tomorrow. It's going to be a good one. My kids have given me a grade "A" cold and my nose just will not stop running.

I'm going to try to get some dry fire in tonight and get as much rest as I can. I have a lot to do to get ready for the Area 8 next weekend and I do not want to be dealing with a cold at the same time.

I have been looking at another shooters range diary and noticed that mine has been missing something for some time. I haven't been to the gym in a while. I need to start working on that because I'm tired of having to push this much poundage around. I hate seeing pictures of myself. By next season I want to move around a lot faster than I am now.

Just got back from the MRPC match. I had a great time and my shooting felt good. I did have a couple of mistakes including a couple of misses but I am happy with how I shot.

I handed out applications for the Battle in the Bluegrass match in the hopes that we can keep it alive. I also have a class being set up for Robert Vogel to come in and teach myself and others a lot more than we know now. I still have to get the approval from the board but I don't think that will be a problem. Now I have to get ready for Area 8 and get rid of this cold.

Last night was my last day of work for 6 days. I will be spending the next few days getting ready for the long drive to VA for the Area 8. The cold I had has gone for the most part so I am good to go.

Tonight after I get some sleep I will be pulling out the gear for some practice. It is always easier to do when the kids and the wife are sleeping.

I'm going to work on some standard type stages, draws (hands up and down), and some reloads. I had a fumple at the last local and I don't want to see that at this match. That fumble cost me a good 1.2 in time and down to 4th on the stage. If it were not for that little slip I had a good second place run going. Not a lot of room to work on movement so I will hold off until I get out and mow the yard Thursday then set out my PVC boxes and work on that as well. I'm drinking a lot of water and going over what I know about the stages in my mind.

Just got back from the A-8. This turned out to be a well thought out match run by a great crew. I had a decent match with a couple of bad stages. The one that I was worried about is the biggest problem I had. Now the question is, did I have a bad stage because I need work on that kind shooting or did I have a bad stage because I "thought" this was going to be a problem. After looking at the rest of the match I would have to sya it was all in my head. I guess I need to work on my mental game. I was squadded with a great bunch of shooters...including our own Chris Keen who just ended taking first Master and 3rd overall in Limited. Watching shooters like this was a great advantage to my own shooting. You have to be careful shooting with great shooters or shooters not in your division. If you shoot with a squad of Open shooters don't try to do what they will do on a stage. You will run out of rounds! But you can catch little things now and again that can help you in your match.

While I am not Dave S. or Chris T. or Chris K.....I was happy with the way I came out against some tough competition. Out of the 64 Production shooters I ended 23rd over all and 4th "B". This made me happy for a few reasons. Out of the 64 Production shooters....23 were "B" class so I consider this a good pile of shooters to be near the top of. We also had 2 GM's, 11 Masters and 8 "A" class shooters. Now if my math is correct....that puts 21 shooters who should be able to shoot better than me on any given day. You throw in a couple "C" class shooters and I am exactly where I "should" be at the end of a match. If I had not had a couple of bad stages I may have finished a lot higher.

Lesson for the match.... Don't let a stage phsyc you out!

Thanks Dan. I think you got a little too nervous, after only looking at a drawing on a piece of paper. The actual stage wasnt really that tough. It was all in your head. Never let a stage get the best of you 3 weeks prior to shooting it.

Also never think about the no-shoots. They shouldnt even enter into your thoughts. They dont exist. You should only be focusing on shooting Alphas. Lots of Alphas. :)

You did well Dan, but you know you can do better. More consistent shooting, less screw ups, and more points ..... thats what it all about! ;)

Edited by Chris Keen

Now that I am fully recovered from the last match I will start to work on elements of the Ohio match and on some of the problems that I had at A-8. I also need to get back into working out which has gone by the wayside for some time now. You can really feel when you haven't been working out after you have shot 11 stages in the sun. It took me a few days to get over the feeling of being tired after the last match. I don't like feeling or looking this way. One of the stages was a low port stage that nearly killed me.

I was also told that I will be taking over as the MD for our local matches at MRPC. I'm sure I have a lot to learn about running a match but I am ready for the challenge.

Work last night was very depressing! A lot of the people I work with are turning in equipment and not coming back to work. This weekend is going to be a trip. We have 3 officers (including myself) to run most of downtown on Saturday, the night of the EBN fireworks. I hope my bosses don't expect too much in the way of self-initiated activity cause it just isn't going to happen.

I was also told that I will be taking over as the MD for our local matches at MRPC. I'm sure I have a lot to learn about running a match but I am ready for the challenge.

One of the things that my dad taught me was to "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it"

Edited by Ray_Z

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a deal Dan. Heard the city manager/clowncil was going to make an announcement prior to Sunday. Hope the force gets to stay intact. If not keep your head down :unsure:

Addict

The "DEAL" they are refering to involves the rest of us giving up a lot of money in order to save those jobs for THIS YEAR. So by January 1 we could still lose all those people and the rest of us would just be broke. They did this back in the 70's when they asked and got consessions from officers and then layed the officers off anyway. NO we will not make the same mistake twice. Most of the officers are already gone or will be gone before Saturday so if you have plans to come downtown for the fireworks you might want to be on your guard! The criminals know what is going on as well as you do!

I've been looking at the videos of me shooting the Area 8 for the past couple of days and trying to figure out where I can improve. I noticed 1 thing that keeps bothering me....why is a standing reload so much more difficult for me than one done while moving. Am I just trying too hard???? On one of the stages my reloads look solid and fast but then looking at the classifier stage it is a lot slower. I know I was trying to get all of my hits but that shouldn't affect my reload speed.

I will be attending a class from a well known GM in October and I want ot make out a list of the things I want to work on with him. One of the BIG ones is movement. I would love to know where I am losing soooo much time! I know one is confidence. I lose time when I didn't call my shot or when I didn't set up the way I wanted to coming into a position.

I have made a few target stands for the back yard. I want to set up life size classifier type stages and work on those standing reloads against the clock. I just have to work this out and get more practice.

It was a good match at Miamisburg today. As is the norm I had problems on the classifier. I swear I'm never going to get out of "B" class. I had a couple of solid stages but I always leave a stage thinking one of two things...."I could have shot that a lot faster." or " I should have slowed down so I wouldn't have hit that no-shoot." I KNOW I am better than this. I have decided that I need a lot more live fire practice. Dry fire will get you only so far and then you need to feel recoil! I am making a list of the things I need to work on in my off season including my physical fitness so that next year I can come out with a bang. I have 1 major and a few local matches left this year and will use the time to try to boost my confidence and see what need the most work.

I've been watching the Nationals results lately. I wish I could have gone but it would have been WAY out of my budget.

I have been working on a lot of basic skills for the past couple days. I made some target stands for the back yard and will be using them until the weather just gets too cold.

I have several locals and one major left this year and then I will start working on my plan to get ready for next season. I would love to be able to come back next year and see that my new shirts are just too big. :lol

I need to get my calendar ready with all of my training listed on it and see how I want to work it. I also need to find a place large enough to do some movement drills indoors.

I have a plan in place for my off season. I have a calendar with all of my workouts, dry fire and live fire dates on it. I also told a friend recently that I would try to stop dipping after the Ohio match and that quit date is on the calendar too. I need to work out the specifics of my plan for a starting point then adjust it as I go. Next year I want to come back a lot thinner with more muscle and a non-dipper. I have a lot of work to do over the course of the next 4 months. I would like to hire a personal trainer to keep me motivated but I think the varying times that I will be working out may keep that from happening. I will be dusting off Steve's books and seting up my reloading/dry fire room in the basement. That in itself will be a workout because of all the work I need to do to get that done. My wife is a collector of _hit! So all of that needs to be moved, a couple of walls and a door with a lock on it needs to be put up and then move my stuff in. Can anyone say MAN CAVE!

post-9882-1253628024.gif

Got about an hour of dry fire in yesterday between work and court. I started planning when and what I will be eating for my 6 meals a day. I need to get my plan in place and rolling. Four months will go by really fast and I don't want to miss another opportunity to get myself where I want to be. I have just 2 weeks before the Ohio match and about 4 locals left before I am done for the season. I want to get into my workout plan before then.

I had a great time at MRPC yesterday. I honestly felt really good (for once) about the way I shot. I didn't even screw up the classifier. :D The weather turned out to be nice as well. I did have a couple of malfunctions and I can't say why which really bothers me. I couldn't tell if it was a bad mag or a failure to extract but it was the first time I've had any real problems with my M&P's. I hope to have it worked out before it happens in a big match.

Last night was rather interesting Sunday night. We had a fatal fire in District 4, a homicide in District 2 and an officer involved shooting in District 1. One of our officers was hit by a piece of the bullet after it struck the cement. I don't know the status of the officer but it didn't sound too serious. This was going to be my first day back in the gym to get a head start of my new workout plan but it is starting to look like I will have to start tomorrow. My wife has jury duty and I have the kids till she gets home so I am doing everything I can just to stay awake. I shouldn't give it up just yet. I might be able to get my workout in before the end of the day.

I have all my gear ready for the Ohio match this weekend and the Oxford match the following day so it is going to be a good weekend of shooting. I will get some dry fire in before my wife gets home so the day won't be a total loss. It also looks like I won't have my new FGW team shirts before the Ohio match. :( Sue at Techwear has been great and I want to say "Thanks" for all her hard work. I guess it just wasn't in the cards.