Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

Well, I have convinced my wife that I need to shoot the Miamisburg match to get rid of some of the stress from my job. :D

Yesterday we had 2 (including myself) cops working the entire 3rd shift in district 1. Ten officers called in sick! Yes, all ten were on the list to lose jobs. I just got to work a few minutes ago and we have 4 for tonight. I do not blame the officers for calling off which the Lt. Col. couldn't believe they would do. He can't be that stupid! He has to have known this was coming. I mean what is he going to do to them? Anyway, I'll see if I can keep all my shots in the "A" and move like lightning tomorrow.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try to get at least a little shut-eye tonight ...... somewhere ..... somehow. It's hard to believe you work an 8 hour shift then go shoot a USPSA match with us the next morning. :rolleyes:

No wonder there's no donuts left when I get there! :goof:

Edited by Chris Keen

Maybe, PB can catch another photo opportunity. So far tonight we have had 5 officer needs assistance calls. The word is out that we are short handed. This is going to be a great year! I just got done with an OVI arrest who smashed his car into a cement wall and planted his girl friends face into the windshield. He blew a .155 and was "Very sorry" about 10 thousand times. On a good note...it kept me from having to go to all the fight runs when the bars let out. Don't worry Chris. I have three small kids. If I can keep up with them then I have the energy to run around for a little while after work having fun. B)

I enjoyed the day at Miamisburg after a very long night at work. I took my frustration out on 2 no shoots on the first two stages of the match and NO I do not feel any better. I was happy with the rest of the match. Got to see numerous Enos members.

Just saw the results for the Miamisburg match. Just like I expected I came in 3rd. One thing that is glaring is the times I see. I need to make up a lot of time! My points don't stick out as a problem but the times sure do. I would love to run a side-by-side video comparison between myself and PB on a good field stage to see where I'm losing so much time. Something to ponder while getting ready for the Area 8.

Spent close to an hour in a back lot doing some dry fire drills. Most of the time was spent working on transitions, draws (turn and draw, surrender and hands at sides) and reloads. I will try to get a little more practice in after I get out of court.

I took my frustration out on 2 no shoots on the first two stages of the match and NO I do not feel any better.

Maybe you should have shot them MORE!! :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

Take care and be safe out there! :cheers:

I went to a fiends house who has a privacy fence and got a good dry fire session in yesterday. I set up a couple of classifer stages and worked on mag changes and box to box movement. It turned out to be a great sesion and the new grip on my pistol is working really well.

A bunch of my co-workers got pink slips yesterday and I am told that the Chief is coming to our role call to talk to us about it. I was asked by my LT. to not be in role call. Apparently she doesn't want me to get into any trouble because I'm going to be only one of 4 people left on our shift when the layoffs go into effect. She is worried that I will go off on the Chief like I did the Asst. Chief the other day when he came to our role call. He doesn't like to be questioned by people who are not afraid of him....and I am not! My LT. was asked by several people from 2nd shift if they could come to our role call so they could see me "talk" to the Chief. This led her to asking me to stay away. OH Well!

I got home and had some good news. "I have mail!"

I can't get the file to load for some reason but my mockup for my new Techwear shirt arrived today and it looks great! I can't wait to see it on my God like body.

That really sucks Dan. They are going to reassign some other folks to help keep the jungle under control, yes? Stay under cover. The crazyness is only going to get worse as the summer heats up and with fewer keepers, the perps will be off the hook. Dont get yerself hurt on the street or in the station

Addict

It looks really good. What's important to me is that YOU like it. If you don't like it you wont wear it. Susan and I think it's a great looking shirt!

I was not able to get the .pdf to upload, so I took a screen shot of it, saved it as a .jpg in MSPaint, and then loaded that.

Dan, I have a free slot to Area 8, I'd like for you to take that slot please. I'll email Alan Meek about getting your entry fees back to you.

Welcome to the Team! :cheers:

I've been off the computer for a couple days and didn't see this post until after I had checked my e-mail. I discovered I had a message from Linda telling me that my match fee for the Area 8 was being refunded. What a great surprise! Man, except for things going to pot at work this is a fantastic time for me. Thanks Bobby! I will spend the returned money wisely. If you are coming to the Area 8 let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

I set up the same classifier stages I was working on a couple days ago and got another workout in after court today. I have found a point at which if I push myself too hard (trying to go too fast to make a certain par time) my mag changes are getting all messed up. I am trying to learn what that point feels like and to stay just under it. I have found that consistancy at matches is one thing I need to learn and this is part of that. I still need to work on making up time on stages but not at the expense of seeing what I need to see in order to make the shot I need to make. I've been watching some of the posts about F/O front sights and may try to change to an all black sight next season. I won't try to do it now because it may mess me up. I just wanted to note it here so I can see it during my off season.

Dan, I have a free slot to Area 8, I'd like for you to take that slot please. I'll email Alan Meek about getting your entry fees back to you.

Welcome to the Team! :cheers:

I've been off the computer for a couple days and didn't see this post until after I had checked my e-mail. I discovered I had a message from Linda telling me that my match fee for the Area 8 was being refunded. What a great surprise! Man, except for things going to pot at work this is a fantastic time for me. Thanks Bobby! I will spend the returned money wisely. If you are coming to the Area 8 let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

I'll be there in spirit cheering you on and reminding you to be smooth! :cheers:

I'm going to work on some basic movement and reloads again today along with trasitions.

Being at work is getting down right depressing. Most are just waiting for the last day of work and are not doing anything. I'm still not 100% convinced that this is going to happen because as of yet they have no plans set for the mass layoff. No plans to bring back people to help run the streets. Either someone is thinking that it isn't going to happen or someone is really about to screw things up good. I guess the only thing I can do is see what happens.

I'm going to work on some basic movement and reloads again today along with trasitions.

Being at work is getting down right depressing. Most are just waiting for the last day of work and are not doing anything. I'm still not 100% convinced that this is going to happen because as of yet they have no plans set for the mass layoff. No plans to bring back people to help run the streets. Either someone is thinking that it isn't going to happen or someone is really about to screw things up good. I guess the only thing I can do is see what happens.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya Dan. When work sucks, I try to look forward to the next club match. Looks like we may get some great weather Sunday. Hope to see ya at the MRPC.

Addict

I'll be there. It is my last chance to get in some real practice before the Area 8. We have a lot of work to do for the set up on Saturday so if you have the time come on out and give us a hand. We start set up at 2:00. If not I'll see you on Sunday.

I got a good couple of hours of practice today after mowing the lawn. I'm still working on movement, transitions and shooting on the move.

I took a few pictures of my 9L. I think it turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. It feels really good and doesn't slip at all.

post-9882-1250808344_thumb.jpg