Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

I wish I could have run in your squad at A6. It looks like I'll be the lone ranger for A5 too :huh:

This thing called work keeps getting in my way!

Nice shooting this past weekend!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my opinion he was a little overboard. Probably having a bad day but what he said was right on!!! Too many parents don't give enough "attention" the thier children these days. This kid needs some "attention". When I was growing up if an officer spoke with me it got a "Yes Sir" out of me.

I feel like it has been forever since I posted anything on my diary. I have shot a few local matches and a couple majors so far this season and I feel like I'm going through withdrawl. The good news is I have Area 5 and the Indiana Sectional this month. I'm going to try to make it out to a few locals as well. My new ammo from FGW is working great.

I didn't want to post anything on this until I got really into it but I have been working out again on a daily basis. Running and lifting on alternate days. This is just the first 10 days but I feel good. I'm going to try to get to keep this up all summer and through my off season. Maybe by next year I won't be afraid of the video camera. :roflol:

I didn't want to post anything on this until I got really into it but I have been working out again on a daily basis. Running and lifting on alternate days. This is just the first 10 days but I feel good. I'm going to try to get to keep this up all summer and through my off season. Maybe by next year I won't be afraid of the video camera. :roflol:

All right DJ! I will tell you the secret to my sucess is leave the house before anyone else gets up and shotgun a pot of coffee on the way to the gym. Thats what gets Addict going! :cheers:

Edited by Addict

The difference is when you are getting up putting on the coffee I'm going to bed.

I guess I will finally get to go to a local match outside of my home club Sunday. I'll be a Oxford!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Area 5 and had a great time. My squad couldn't have had better people in it if I had set up the squad myself. What a great bunch of folks!!!

Note to self:

Load mags BEFORE you get up to shoot.

Make SURE your ALL your mags are LOADED!

Don't shoot the white cardboard targets.

Make sure ALL of the steel is DOWN!

Be confident in your shots.

Thursday I went to the range for training and won "Top Gun".....again. No big surprise there but today I went back to the range to try out for a position out at the range. I still have to go through the interview portion next Thursday so I won't hear anything about who gets the position for a while. I hate waiting! I just know they are going to pick one of the SWAT guys over me but I would kick myself if I didn't try. BTW, I outshot both the SWAT guys.

I have another week to get ready for Indiana and the monthly match at MRPC. If I do nothing else I want to come back with a high placement at Indiana.

• 2 weeks later...

Well with Indiana being put on hold for a month our little club had a real good turnout. We had 81 shooters show up and shoot in the rain. Now I have a little longer to get ready for Indi and get my equipment dried out for the next local match.

Still haven't heard anything about the position out at our police range. I've been working on getting my living room painted for our new furniture and TV that we be here on Wednesday. My current TV is over 15 years old but is about to go. When it is all said and done I will have over $3000.00 in this room. But that is not the fun part. Our next project will be to finish the basement with 3 seperate rooms. One for the kids to play in with a couch and TV. One for the wife to store some of her "Junk" in. And one for ME for a reloading room / MAN CAVE! Now I just need to learn how to build a wall. :roflol:

Just found out that the classifier at our last match was set up incorrectly so it will be just another stage. I have to take the blame because I am the MD but I am going to make it my mission to never have that happen again.

I have to get my mind right for the Indiana match at the end of this month. I haven't been doing nearly enough prep work. Hopefully after things here at the house calm down a bit a can get myself ready.

Dan just learning how to "turn off" everything else around you & in your mind (funny banter from friends, problems at home, bad last stage) and just focus on the stage you are about to shoot (and shoot well, I might add) is taking a big step in the right direction.

Still haven't heard anything about the position out at the range. The rangemaster went on vacation after the interviews were over so we won't find out anything for a while.

I have all my gear ready and am going to start doing daily dry fire to get myself ready. If I can I will get out to the range for a little live fire as well.

As I had figured the position at the range went to one of the SWAT guys. I'm not too upset. At least he can shoot. Unlike the last appointee.

I'm off this weekend and am still working on getting something done with this house. Got my living room almost done. The TV looks great. Now I will start working on the basement and my man cave. I got some practice with my M&P Friday night. Practiced drawing onto target while at work! We had a shooting at one of the local biker bars and I had to chase a car leaving the scene. He crashed into a bridge real hard!!! His girlfriend is going to need some surgery on her face from hitting the windshield and his sister was in the back seat. When it was all said and done he ran because he had a felony warrant for trafficking, a warrant for no drivers license and a small amount of weed. Still unclear if he had anything to do with the shooting. I will be getting a reprimand for running a traffic light during the pursuit as will the other officer I was with. :blink:

While all this is going on we get word that yet another tractor trailer truck has overturned on south bound I-71. You would think that the word would have gotten out to the other truckers to watch your speed on that stretch of road but they keep on rolling trucks here. I guess you could say we were a little busy Saturday morning.

Guess I'll try to get some dryfire in this weekend after the kids go to sleep.

I have a level 1 RO class at our club this coming weekend so I have that toi get ready for as well.

Sorry to hear you didnt get the job DJ. So this guy can shoot? Think you can get him to come out and shoot a match?? The more the merrier!!!.

So you had to pursue a suspect fleeing from the scene of a shooting through a light, and you are getting your nose slapped? Seems crazy to me. If you are trying to apprehend a potential murderer in my part of town I would appreciate it if you would still keep after them even if they run a stop sign or a red light :wacko:

Addict

Now that I have things under control with work I can concentrate on other things. The Indiana sectional and my club match are this weekend so I should have a great time shooting. My goal for the Indiana match is to take "B" class in production. I need to shoot clean to make that happen. I learned a lot during the Area 6 match about shooting clean and making sure I saw what I needed to see before breaking the shot. Now I need to take that and speed it up a bit. The only way I'm going to make that happen is to practice. I will be pulling out my gear and doing some dry fire all this week.

Sounds like Cinncinati P.D. is just like it is here for us in Chicago. Chase a car for whatever reason and we're the ones who get in trouble. God forbid a boss stick up for the guys who are actually out there working the street. Tough break on not getting the range spot. Like I said, if it's like it is here, that guy knew he was getting that spot before he even walked in the door. Funny that you say your goal is take the B class for Production at the Indiana match, that's my goal too!!!!! :sight: Good luck shooting, stay safe out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a couple days to recover. I had a great weekend of shooting. 10 stages at Indiana and 5 at our local. I had a few issues at Indiana and most of it was my own fault. I just botched a couple stages and it killed me. After the match I found my rear sight was loose...AGAIN! This is starting to become a real pain in the ass. Blue loctite doesn't appear to be taking care of business. I also had issues with my mags not wanting to drop. The only thing I can figure is the Duracoat is getting worn and is sticking in the well. I will be using my new standby mags at Area 8 and will make sure my sights stay on. After that it will be up to me to shoot A-8 well. I will begin dryfire tonight. Working on different starting positions, transitions and mag changes.

I'll be taking time tonight for a little dry fire while I'm at work as long as the city doesn't want to destroy itself.

My "better half" :huh: will be going out of town for about 4 days which means I will have a little more time to get some things done.

I'm going to take a little while and start clearing out an area in the basement for my "man cave" and take the opportunity to get some dry fire in at the house. If everything goes according to plan I should get a lot done while she is away.

... which means I will have a little more time to get some things done.

Any chance you can get the numbers added up from the match now that the little woman has left the compound?? :blush:

Addict