Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local competitor showing great restraint at the DNC

eerw

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the Wiz on this. Police need of course to be able and ready to respond, but I don't think that SMG's on street patrol make sense. Are they going to sweep the street? LTL's, Shotguns with pepper and rubber bullets. MP5s are fine if we have an armed insurrection, but improperly displayed or used could actually precipitate the very thing they are trying to avoid.

And it looks really bad in our press, but even worse overseas where the captions might not always match the activity photographed.

Jim

Not really about the DNC. The cop talk will get it closed, though. - :rolleyes:

No cop talk here. :ph34r:

But it is interesting that he's obviously got 2 mags clamped together for plenty or RnR...HP's facing forward...he's ready to be sure

nice pic...for more HK fun... www.hkpro.com it is a nice forum too.

Great, more militarization of the police. WTF do they need a freakin' machine gun for? Are the protesters too much to handle, with them chanting slogans and blocking traffic??

The same was said about the DNC, but here in MN, they were expecting/prepared for more protesters than the WTO had a few years ago. Something like 1/3 of the state's police were in St Paul at the convention. For every LEO I knew who was going there, I knew another NatGuard/Army/Marine that was called up too.

Guess it boils down to hope for the best, prepare for the worst :cheers: