Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Robert Vogel USPSA Production Champ

pierce195

Mr. Vogel is a great down to earth guy. I have a chance to talk with at Miamisburg Ohio a few years ago about being a cop and shooting glocks. Glad to see him make it to the top as he was so close at last years nationals. Not bad shooting for a cop!

:cheers:

Mr. Vogel is a great down to earth guy. I have a chance to talk with at Miamisburg Ohio a few years ago about being a cop and shooting glocks. Glad to see him make it to the top as he was so close at last years nationals. Not bad shooting for a cop!

:cheers:

After we finished the last stage and added up the points, I shook Bob's hand and said "you are my *$ing hero"

Bob winning gives all the nobodys of this sport hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive accomplishment - especially for a person who is relatively new to the sport (but not to shooting).

Bob's accomplishment also affirms several concepts - including the idea behind Production division (he won with a basically stock gun and the entire a rig he used probably cost well under $1000 brand new, including the gun)

It is also a well-established fact that the Glock is as competitive as ever (while having a slight edge over my beloved CZ - in that the magazines are more tolerant of dirt & don't need to come apart every time they hit the sand or dirt). But I am still sticking to the CZ and the new M&P for uspsa.

Edited by Carlos

I have had the opportunity to shoot with Bob enough times to get to know him and some of his family members on a personal level.

He is a man of real quality values and may be the hardest "worker" in our sport. At the IDPA Indoor Nats his wife told me that for 60 straight "nights" he had been practicing his flashlight shooting for 3 or 4 hours after he got off work... WHICH WAS AT MIDNIGHT.

Let's see:

World class shooter --- Good public image---Good speaker--Great values

That sounds like a guy who should have the major sponsers waiting in line.

GOOD FOR YOU BOB !!!

• 3 weeks later...