ALF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a Shooters Connection bag!

The bag is awesome! Plus Chuck's service is really top notch =)

Sin duda. But the regular bag is huge and the Ultra is also a bit big for carry on for some airlines.

Once upon a time I naively travelled just using my old SC locked up and checked, but now, with the stories I hear of guns going missing, I'm a bit less comfortable having a gun company logo and decal plastered bag with four figure guns rolling into the terminal. Might as well print "Steal Me!" all over it. Even without the guns inside I'd worry that it'd be a target.

I'm going to the Nats with my small SC bag with the hard cased guns locked in it. Both will be in a wire mesh antitheft bag (http://www.rei.com/product/709208) which will be inside and cable locked to the metal frame of a rolling duffel. Short of not having the guns travel with me, this is as well as I can secure the situation.

If the airline allows, the Ultra bag (sans guns, unfortunately) will be my carry on.

One thing to consider is that that if your checked bag has ammo in it, there'd better be a way for them to inspect it without cutting locks etc. Every time I've checked a bag with the permitted amount of ammo in it, that bag has always managed to get a secondary TSA screen. I'm sure they're running dogs or one of the machines over the bags and it's picking up residue that somehow ends up on my ammo boxes etc. Now I just tape my business card with my cell number on it just in case, but this did cause my bag to miss my flight once even though I checked them well over an hour prior to departure. R,

Haven't had that problem, but I should probably advise this. After flying with ZERO headaches ANYWHERE else, I arrived in to Sacramento airport (the one time not flying Southwest) and my rifle case was seized at arrival. After waiting 30 minutes at the carousel, my girlfriend asked an AA attendent walking by who instructed her that, "all rifle cases and golf club cases" were taken to baggage services for security reasons.

Well, long story short I was more than pissed that I had to go over there, especially since 4 golf club cases came off the carousel and they could not produce a publicly available notice of this policy. Upside was telling Sac County Sheriffs to mind their own business and getting my attorney involved to get AA to write an apology, although they still have yet to make the policy public.

Rich

Take a look at the Maxpedition backpacks for a range bag. They seem as if they were designed for our sport. I've got a Condor II and a Falcon II. The Falcon is great as a pistol range bag. The Condor is quite a bit larger and works well for 3 gun. They also have molle webbing on the exterior that allows addition of additional smaller pouches. I buy all my Maxpedition gear from a local company here that is a full stocking dealer. EMGear

In my opinion.....the backpack is the best way to carry gear. I've tried the SC bags and do not care for the duffel style bags anymore after using Maxpedition backpacks.

When I go to range for practice and put everything except the kitchen sink in my bag, is my BIG Shooters Connection bag my choice. But for match use and for travelling is a smaller bag needed. It must be able to pass as carry on luggage. So what I need is a small good quality bag.

What I have read here is that the Shooters Connection "Ultra" or maybe the Dillon bag the best choices.

Shooter Connection bag is great as everyone has stated. It's larger than what I like to carry.

I like the CED bags. I can put one bag, double pistol case, cleats and belt in a medium sized checked bag for airline travel.

post-12069-1220058407_thumb.jpg

Love my Shooters Connection bag, but also am looking for a carry-on size for traveling.

Has anybody tried the i-shot EVO? At 11x15x21 it appears to make the carry-on size

limit for the airlines I've checked.

Bill

Has anybody tried the i-shot EVO? At 11x15x21 it appears to make the carry-on size

limit for the airlines I've checked.

Bill

I've got one, I like it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68565

I'd get the smaller Shooters Connection bag if it had a water bottle holder on the outside...

Not to hijack anyones thread. How long have those of you owned your Shooters Connection bags? I am thinking of buying a new range bag as well and came across this thread. Lucky me. Do the SC bags hold their shape well?

Not to hijack anyones thread. How long have those of you owned your Shooters Connection bags? I am thinking of buying a new range bag as well and came across this thread. Lucky me. Do the SC bags hold their shape well?

I got mine early this year, and the stiffness is still there.

Call Chuck and get one. Very fast service, even to Canada.

Not to hijack anyones thread. How long have those of you owned your Shooters Connection bags?

Bought a Shooters Connection Tournament in early 2002. I have absolutely thrashed it.

MANY pistol matches, Nationals, crammed it full of 223 and 12 gauge for 3 gun. It's dirty

and it has one little spot on the magazine pockets where a seam ripped lose---maybe

half an inch. One HECK of a bag.

• 2 weeks later...
Well ....

The wife got me an I-Shot bag for Christmas a couple years ago. Love it. The only problem with big bags is that you tend to stuff everything in it and the weight becomes an issue. But other than that this thing does the job. Clays shooting. Practical shooting. Whatever. It does the job.

It even got ran over by a pickup when we were tearing down a USPSA match. Cooler got trashed but the range bag came out just fine with a minor tear in the inside of the flap. Still using it unrepared a year later.

I'd get another one tomorrow.

I use the same bag from i-Shot. It works great for trips to the range and also trips to matches. You can't go wrong with a bag from I-Shot. Good luck.

They are the best and longest lasting I have found...Been using mine for three years. NO wear, unlike the repairs I always made on all my other bags. I regularly sit on mine when we jump into the back of a truck to get to the back portion of the range during matches. Yup, just like in the photo on Chuck's site with all the ammo boxes stacked on the bag...my 175 pounds doesn't put a dent in mine...rather comfortable on the posterior, too :roflol:

Curtis

• 2 months later...
Stay away from the Midway range bags. They are a direct rip off of the Shooters' Connection bag. It's an insult to Chuck Bradley that they knowing sell this. Chuck's been a long time supporter of our sport, this forum and our 2nd Amendment Rights and to frankly steal his design is a shame.

Rich

I agree completely. Some of the guys at the range were screwing with me because I paid so much for my SC bag. They all had the Midway knock off. It is exactly the same down to the brass bag, but made cheap as hell. I would have thought better from a company like Midway.