Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arcade Practice

BamBam

Find a way to track down an arcade game called Sports Shooting USA (by Sammy) and bring a roll of quarters. It is the closest thing to realistic digital IPSC practice you will ever see!!! STI is featured prominenly (along with a character that looks very similar to my wife!) and you hold an open class race gun with aimpoint scope. The "scope" uses a single fiber rod to aim and works pretty well by aiming straight down the fiber. If you see a just the end of the fiber (a dot) you are fine, if you see the sides of the long fiber rod you are aimed crooked. The gun choices include STI favorites and a revolver, but I have not dug into it that far. Still on my first gun and a high score. Can't yet figure how to do a manual reload between arrays, but the swingers, traditional humanoid targets, pepper-poppers, steel plates, even the new ameoba target and the occasional hard cover are all represented!! ITS A BLAST!! If anyone else can find one to play please post if you think its as cool as I do. We found ours locally at one of those giant Bass Pro stores (near the gun counter).

BamBam

I have played that same game here in my area... I was shopping at the mall and decided to burn a few quarters - low and behold! Played it for at least a few hours hah The version I played only had 2 STI open replica's (not a revolver)... While I was playing, I noticed some younger kids leave the 3rd person fighting games to watch me. Ended up getting several of them to shoot with me... and enjoyed it! I found it rewarding to find some youngsters interested in a shooting sport game, especially after they said "It would be sooo cool to do this in real life..."

I think the game is a blast, and stop in the arcade to play everytime the gf is shopping... Sure beats hanging out in victoria's secret..No wait... That part I like haha

• 2 months later...

Alex and I found one in BFE, Wyoming (am I repeating myself??? :blink: ). It was pretty cool. I had trouble with the gun. Aiming, apparently, was not the way to go for that one. Alex told me not to aim, just learn where the gun shoots and point it there. I couldn't get the hang of not aiming. Darn me and all my training. <_<

The game is a blast!

On the off-chance that I offended someone from Wyoming. It has two things I like, acres of empty land and not too many people. It also has three things I don't like, extreme cold, high wind and lots of that flaky white stuff. They probably ensure the two things I do like. ;) I have never seen that much snow fence, even in northern Japan where they get an average of 212 inches of snow a year.

L

• 4 weeks later...

Played it for the first time today at the Wal-Mart in Luray, VA. Petty cool, wish I could saw off the checp peice of plastic they call a scope and put a C-More on it. Least that way I could sight the pistol. Also, whats up with 12 round Open mags?!?!?!?!?! I can see alot of loose change bring pumped into that thing. Anybody who knows me will know that I was best at the Speed course :lol: ..........

I just played this game at the Bass Pro Shops in Hanover (Baltimore), Maryland. Wow! The 14 yr old I was playing against must have thought that I was the coolest thing ever because he played on my $8 of quarters for nearly an hour. Sadly, he kicked my ass! It is really cool. Its only single shots on everything, including the paper, but the scoring zones and the targets are the same. The only exceptions are the piggy banks and melons (at least I've never seen them at any of the matches I've attended). There's even no-shoot swingers, no shoot poppers, USPSA and IPSC targets. Pretty damn cool. :)

I played this game with my fiance at the movies a few weeks ago. She kicked my ass because the gun needed to be recalibrated. I would put the dot on target and it would be about 4 inches away. She just shot like a maniac and was able to beat me. I'm planning on going back to see if it has been fixed. Otherwise it would be the greatest game ever...

Pete

• 1 year later...

Wow! I finally ran into this game at DisneyQuest in Florida. Totally cool! I could have played it for hours on end. It would be a really fun game to have at home. B) However, Chris from STI told me that when they looked into getting one for their office, they learned that it costs about the same as a full-house custom open gun plus a monthly licencing fee.

Maybe we can hope for a Playstation II version!

-Chet

sportsshooting1.jpg

When my son and I went to the Louisiana State match, he told me the night before the match that he was going to Wally world to pick something up. It was a mile or so from the hotel so when he hadn't come back in an hour or so, I called him. (He is an Auburn fan and Auburn had just beat LSU in a squeaker and he was wearing his Auburn hat)

Anyway.... He said he had found the IPSC game at wally world and had been feeding quarters to it.

I have also seen one at one of the wally worlds in the Mobile, AL area. Lots of fun

dj

There's one at Laser Quest on Westheimer in Houston... it's even on the way to American Shooting Center... FUN GAME!!!

Maybe this is a solution for practicing when the match has been rained out... ??? I wonder if Lee D. is up for a challenge... I know which gun isn't calibrated so maybe I'll have a chance... :lol:

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but since others did it 4 months ago... :rolleyes:

I found this game in Argentina, in my town!!! Considering it costs 1000's of US dollars, this is something I never thought I would see here!!!!!

It's so much fun!!! Sadly the "scope" was hitting low and to the left ( :lol: no, I was not flinching :lol: ) and if I tried to compensate by shifting the gun a little bit, training took over and I was shortly indexing the gun correctly again, causing me to miss... :(

Anyway, I placed 4th overall on my first try :)

Also, does anyone know how grades or classes work? There's A, B and C class that the game awards you on how you shoot, but then there's "S" class that the game seems to give you when you shoot really well, but there's no M or GM award. :unsure:

Ah, this game is bliss... :wub: Nothing compared to real shooting of course, but so much more economical... :lol: