Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project

Rolex

Thanks for all of the input. Just found out they don't make the combination I was going to order! I was going to order the Rydon, Matte Black, and ImpactX Photochromic Red as a starting point. After an exchange with e-rudy, it appears that's not a configuration they sell! Ugh...

Any thoughts on the carbon frames? Not being able to see them in person, it's hard to say whether I'll like them or not. This was a lot easier when I had a local dealer to deal with - like I did when I lived in Denver. Anybody have the Rydon, Carbon, and ImpactX Photochromic Red -or- Racing Red lenses?

Well, I bit the bullet and orderd the Rydon, matte black w/ smoke black lenses for daily wear and an extra Impact-X Photochromic Red for shooting. I received some feedback that the photochromic red worked for indoors as well so I'm going to give that a shot. If it's not clear enough I'll pick up some clear lenses down the road if needed. I would have ordered the shooters kit but like the Impact X lenses and don't think I'd use half the lenses in that kit.

Well, I bit the bullet and orderd the Rydon, matte black w/ smoke black lenses for daily wear and an extra Impact-X Photochromic Red for shooting. I received some feedback that the photochromic red worked for indoors as well so I'm going to give that a shot. If it's not clear enough I'll pick up some clear lenses down the road if needed. I would have ordered the shooters kit but like the Impact X lenses and don't think I'd use half the lenses in that kit.

Do I need to show you the secret hand shake? :mellow:

It's all good and thanks for the help! Ordered them today and I'm now 'part of the club'! I thought the hand shake and club rules were sent with the glasses? :cheers:

Anyone have any experience with the(rx) flip up glass(Exception) are the ones I been thinking about getting?

That is what I ended up with after trying some other brands that put the RX lenses on a clip on insert that always seemed too close to my face, picking up sweat and oil from my eyebrows.

The Exception were PERFECT. Can't recommend 'em highly enough. Added advantage is that, with extra clips, you can quickly switch between various Rudy lenses. I use the 3FX racing red 85 percent of the time, with the balance split between photochromic grey and clear.

BTW, the prescription I used has a different position for the right bifocal, allowing me to finally see the front sights clearly on a pistol.

Curtis

I’m going to order a pair of Rydon Matte Black with Racing Red Lenses. I’d like to learn the secret hand shake and join the club. Alamo, ‘you willing to let me in?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a tip in how to get e-rudy.com to answer the phone??? I placed my order and received my photochromic red lenses, but not the matte black glasses as they were on backorder. Sent them an e-mail a week ago and haven't been able to get a reply or someone to pick up the phone in over a week. Anyone have a secret number for them where someone is actually working so I can find out the status on my backorder?

Edited by makomachine

Anyone got a tip in how to get e-rudy.com to answer the phone??? I placed my order and received my photochromic red lenses, but not the matte black glasses as they were on backorder. Sent them an e-mail a week ago and haven't been able to get a reply or someone to pick up the phone in over a week. Anyone have a secret number for them where someone is actually working so I can find out the status on my backorder?

PM me your order # and I will make sure your questions get answered. Something must be wrong with their email system again.

Just wanted to let everyone know I was able to get a status on my order - should be shipping by the end of this week. If you are having trouble reaching them at the e-rudy.com number you might want to try the Rudy Project USA number 1-888-860-7597. I gave them my order number and they were able to answer my question with no trouble. Just an fyi...

They get flexed after a time too and the lenses want to fall out.

Mine did too. I was told I stretch them out putting them on my head when I am not wearing them.

I now have a new pair with the photo impact x gray. I don't take them off much.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a pair of Rydons with RX Interchangeables made in Action Brown. Like most of you I love them. Trying to push all my pennies into a big pile for second pair.

I have read this thread but would still like to verify something one more time. I want to do another pair of Rydons with Racing Red -or- The impact x red (if that's even possible in Rx - haven't checked yet). So the consensus is these red colors WON'T wash out the dot in my Cmore - correct ? Want to be absolutely sure - the pair I have was around $400 - don't want to screw up and buy something I can't use.

JimInFL

They get flexed after a time too and the lenses want to fall out.

Mine did too. I was told I stretch them out putting them on my head when I am not wearing them.

I now have a new pair with the photo impact x gray. I don't take them off much.

?????

Your right about polarized lenses killing Holosight's. That was my experience with my Ray Bans and a first generation Holosight on my open blaster long ago.

Rudy Project has a special coating on all of their polarized lenses so that you are able to see holographic sites and LED displays. I used a pair of polarized lenses last year at Nationals and they were great with my dot.

You can read about the lenses here

So I can read CED 7000 display if I use Rudy Project polarized lenses because Rudy Project has a special coating on all of their polarized lenses. Right?

I sure can't do that with my Oakley Half Jackets XLJ polarized lenses. :angry2:

Your right about polarized lenses killing Holosight's. That was my experience with my Ray Bans and a first generation Holosight on my open blaster long ago.

Well either my eyes are different or something has changed. I purchased a pair of polarized Rudies last season and they work just fine with my holosights, my cmore and my aimpoints.

So I can read CED 7000 display if I use Rudy Project polarized lenses because Rudy Project has a special coating on all of their polarized lenses. Right?

I sure can't do that with my Oakley Half Jackets XLJ polarized lenses. :angry2:

Yes you can!! It works great for that. Rudy developed the special coating for Sail Boat Racing and they needed polarized lenses to see the high tech instruments.