Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 Race Gun Nationals--who's going?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just found out (second hand of course, Richmond Hotshots probably just couldn't bear to tell me directly) that I've got a slot to the Racegun Nationals.  I'll request that I be squaded alone, that way nobody will have to listen to me bitch about anything.  I'll try booking a room as far as possible from anyone else as well.

I still haven't decided whether to shoot Open or Limited.  I'll probably go with Limited.

(Edited by Nolan at 9:54 am on April 5, 2002)

Well, we _could_ all wear 'Team BE' shirts..

If we had 'em..

We could also do an eating/drinking session somewhere.. now as I've not been closer than 150 miles from Bend, somebody else will have to do the planning.

One way or another I'll be there.  I earned a slot through my club, Sue and I applied to work the match so we can shoot together, and we got the call from Kim telling us we can get there via the waiting list.  If the match director would just get back to me and tell me if I'm working the match or not, I could free up some slots for others.

If I work the match as an RO like I want to, I'll get to see just about everyone who comes through.

Allright, I just got the paperwork from Kim yesterday.  I'll indicate that I want to be squadded with the "BE.com" squad. I will try my damndest to be the top Glock finisher in my squad... any challengers...?..Mr Sevigny...?  Hmmm.... :)  

Apparently Bend ain't too big of a city.  So as far as the eating/drinking (not necessarily in that order) goes, there's probably one or two places EVERYBODY will BE at.

136 days and counting......

Alright you whiners...  Bend is right near Mt. Bachelor, which is a major ski/recreation destination in Oregon.  So, it's not like you're going to BFE.   Surely there's something good there.  If you can't find something to you liking in Bend, try Sun River.  I don't spend any time there, but  I'll call some friends and see what the hot spots are and post 'em.

If there aren't any hot spots, there *will* be after we're done with 'em.  :)

E

I was in "Where the heck is Bend OR?" group til I checked it out. http://www.bendchamber.org  Looks a lot nicer then Quincy(although the friendly people in Q will be hard to beat) This city has as many, hotels, condos and houses for rent as most any resort area. That usually means lots of resturants, shopping etc. It is very high priced though, resort area. I am looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not shooting..but  hopefullyI'll be there too watch.  I would love to meet some of the be.com super squad members.  I live about 2 hrs away in Roseburg, OR.

If there's anything I can do to help, just ask

Hi Bill,

I haven't been to the range in Bend but I'll try to find out from some others what the scoop is.  Every other range I've been to in OR has been dirt/gravel.  Nothing else works real well with the rain we get.

Bend tends to be dry and hot.   But it is Oregon, so bring a rain slicker just in case.  Also there is alot of dust on that side of the mountains.  People like to use wet wipes to clean their faces and hands from the sweat and dust.

Also at the Area 1 championship (few weeks ago in OR), some people told me they thought the chrono was measuring low.  Due to weather, heat, humdity (on the overcast days)??  But more than a few were really close to minor, or moved to minor.

There is also some great tourist stuff around Bend..Crater Lake, river rafting, mountain biking, hiking, waterfalls, etc.  

Hope that helps.

From what I've heard (never been there either), the range is in the high desert, at about 4000 feet altitude.

(btw, if anybody's into rock climbing, I'm thinking of taking a side-trip or two to Smith Rock if we get free time.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, the big day is coming closer!

I'm guardedly stoked....

We’ll see how many BE members are actually in the same squad, that’ll BE cool.

Brain, you gonna BE there?  I think you should tag along with our squad and “coach” us. :)

I live about 135 miles from bend.. Shoot with the

Oregon clubs.. Shot at bend many times

its all sand .. Sand everywhere.. blowing of the tops

of berms on the ground .. in your shooting bag, in your

mags.. we use shower caps on our guns to protect

and clean our mags if we do a reload after every Stage.

johnb

John

Thanks for the heads up. When you are flying, in these days, anything you can leave at home is good. I have been watching weather and see swings of 30 degrees to 90 degrees!!! Where is the world are we shooting on the moon :) That requires a lot of different clothes. Not complaining just amazed at the temp changes in August.