Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Stipple and Contour

G-ManBart

Hey all,

I finally finished adding pictures to the instructions for doing an S_I grip stipple and contour. I know the pictures aren't great, but working at night in the shop doesn't give the best lighting. I think they're good enough to get the idea across. Unfortunately, I had to break this up into three sections, as it was over the size limit when combined. I'm sure you could save all three and then cut and paste into one document. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

I would ask one favor of everyone. :) Take your new skill and share it! Offer to do the grip for a junior in your club, or a buddy, or something similarly cool. You'll help them out and you'll get better at the same time. If I find out that you've started a lucrative grip company you might accidentally wind up on the No-Fly list :roflol:

Grip_Part_I.doc

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Some folks have had problems with the pictures not opening. For some people, their computer was trying to open it with the WordPad, which won't work. Save the file as a Word document and it should work. R,

is that a dimple in the undercut?

great work Bart! :cheers::bow:

Yep, it's a shallow dimple pattern...he wanted a consistent look and if they're a bit too rough, a razor will trim them down so they don't bite. Thanks...you guys are making me gush :)

At the match today a friend gave me a purple grip to work over...can't wait to see how that turns out....I'm outta colors!

Its not a Gman grip but its my first. I need to work the undercut a little deep and longer but other than that I'm happy with my first.

Cool! Yeah, you could go higher on the undercut, but even the way it is I'll bet it feels a whole lot better and the stippling looks nice and grippy :cheers:

nicely done Corey! :cheers:

did you sand it down before stippling?

Yeah but all I had was a dremel. I was afraid to go down to much but I followed the instructions the best I could and I think it came out pretty good.

Its not a Gman grip but its my first. I need to work the undercut a little deep and longer but other than that I'm happy with my first.

Cool! Yeah, you could go higher on the undercut, but even the way it is I'll bet it feels a whole lot better and the stippling looks nice and grippy :cheers:

Its very aggressive and I like it. My other 2 grips on my limited guns don't have a lot of grip at all. I think they where done then sanded afterwards. The under cuts on them are also to long to fit my finger well and if you do it yourself you can fit it to your self :cheers:

nicely done Corey! :cheers:

did you sand it down before stippling?

Yeah but all I had was a dremel. I was afraid to go down to much but I followed the instructions the best I could and I think it came out pretty good.

Its very aggressive and I like it. My other 2 grips on my limited guns don't have a lot of grip at all. I think they where done then sanded afterwards. The under cuts on them are also to long to fit my finger well and if you do it yourself you can fit it to your self :cheers:

A Dremel works fine, but it does take longer and seems to be messier, since it throws the stuff right at you. I like the 120 grit better than the 80, but either will work. If you want to make it feel a littler smaller for your trigger finger, take a look at the pic I attached. You can run the Dremel bit right up from the undercut towards the mag release and it cuts a little channel there for your finger...you can do this in stages until it feels perfect, as you mentioned. Like I said, this ain't rocket science but it makes a world of difference. :)

post-10163-1215563122.jpg

A Dremel works fine, but it does take longer and seems to be messier, since it throws the stuff right at you. I like the 120 grit better than the 80, but either will work. If you want to make it feel a littler smaller for your trigger finger, take a look at the pic I attached. You can run the Dremel bit right up from the undercut towards the mag release and it cuts a little channel there for your finger...you can do this in stages until it feels perfect, as you mentioned. Like I said, this ain't rocket science but it makes a world of difference. :)

I used the 120 grit.

Yeah that was the spot I was going to hit again and try to smooth it out a little bit better. I was so happy I sucked it up and did my IDPA blaster that I emailed my buddys....bad idea :D

Wow, from Golf Equipment Afficianado, to Shooting equipment Afficianado, eudaman! ;-)

Seriously, this got me really tempted to do my SVI grip, what sort of tip do you use to get the bigger dimples like that? Sears?