Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WANTED

I went on the generic dinner and movie date last friday. saw Wanted with Angelina Jolie. I thought the story was good. the action was intense.. Angelina... HOT. But why must hollywood use so much CGI and do all this over the top "impossible feats" to ruin it.

There are some neat 1911's and some other strange guns but these guys need to understand to stop Shooting and reload when the slide locks back! :rolleyes: also Can anyone teach me how to spin my wrist so the bullets curve around stuff to hit its target? I see a whole new generation of gang bangers trying this since it is so close to holding the gun sideways.. funny, entertaining, a lot of BS, and could use more Nudity. Angelina anyway. Am I the only person in the world who thinks CGI is ruining movies these days?

Sad to say.. that's just the movies these days. They find out they can do something, they'll do it, not that they should.

After Matrix.. how many people used those cheesy effects?

how right you are, however the matrix was "supposed" to be in cyberspace where anything is possible. this was domestic. Angelina was hot though eh?!!!!

Can anyone teach me how to spin my wrist so the bullets curve around stuff to hit its target?

:roflol: I found that to be the most insulting part of the movie. I can usually forgive the creative license hollywood takes with its movies but that was waaaaaaay over the top for me. :angry2:

Can anyone teach me how to spin my wrist so the bullets curve around stuff to hit its target?

:roflol: I found that to be the most insulting part of the movie. I can usually forgive the creative license hollywood takes with its movies but that was waaaaaaay over the top for me. :angry2:

I enjoyed the movie but the part that was over the top for me was the two long range shots that took place from what appeared to miles and miles away, through windows in cars in a parking garage and other theatrical nonsense.

Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman.. two of my favorite actors :)

dj

I was totally fine with putting english on bullets.

---SPOILER AHEAD----

I'm just completely stupefied at:

1) Raising an army of exploding rats to assault The Fraternity,

2) The co-location of a big meat locker with a textile mill (I suppose because grabbing the shuttle from a loom, and curving a bullet around a side of beef are the two critical assassin skill drills out there), and

3) The basic premise (That otherwise intelligent, cunning assassins decide whom to kill based on swatches of cloth spat out of an autonomous loom...huh?)

Ah well. If they'd made it a comedy outright, it would have been Grosse Pointe Blank. I wonder if they tried to get John Cusack.

DD

• 5 months later...

Just saw WANTED on DVD. For the most part, I thought it was okay. I could deal with the curving bullets and the long range shots, but the final shot at the end ruined it. That shot was just beyond the ability to suspend belief.

As for why they killed, people have killed for stupider reasons.

I bought it on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. But I am easy to please when you put a hot chick and guns together. ;)

What he said. To me its like this, if you go into the movie thinking that the effects are going to be real....well there are very few movies out there today that are realistic we just have to get over that fact. Kinda have to watch movies like your watching a cartoon because anymore that is what they are. I liked the movie, sure it was silly but then again I liked death race :D

CGI & movies <_< that is a term for the cartoon/ special effects? I can see it would have its place to set up a character's background. Like in the movie Kill Bill when you find out what the oriental girls upbringing was with her killing the guy when she was young. = I don't want to see all that blood and guts in realism.

What was better was the way the last Sean in Bravehart was handled. with Mell Gibson's character strapped to the table awaiting a long list of horrible deaths.

The disembowelment = the setup had the Jester make a fake cut on a doll and pull out rope to simulate what was going to happen when they gut his belly button and pulled out his intestines with him alive and tied to the rack.

I did not want to see that at all in realism. but with out it The hero's end in death did not look the same.

The film just shows the guy coming at his belly with the J shaped knife and thin the film goes to his face as (most)/some, of the movie watchers knew that they were removing his intestines. :sick:

I think more movie viewers would have gotten the impact 'movie wise and Historicaly wise' of his tourcher and death in CGI. I think many did not know what was taking place.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I just got done with the original source material (graphic novel). I think they niced it up for the movie. A lot. A helluva lot.

Just from the previews and what I've heard, seems to have a very different tone from the book, and I'm not sure if I'll like it. The book was excellent! Crazy, fantastic, hyperviolent alternate reality that's just alternate enough to be believable. I'll post again when I see the movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after finally seeing the movie, I think I can say it's the absolute worst adaptation of a graphic novel ever. It is a completely different story, the characters' motivations and developments are completely different, the curving bullets and the Loom of Fate (which are not in the comic) are utterly absurd and boring as hell. I hated this movie with a burning red passion, not just because it's a lame movie but because the source material was so good to begin with.

If I ever meet the man who adapted this screenplay, I swear I'll punch him in the face.