Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Expired Memberships

If you do not have a current membership you are no longer classified?

Now Merlin,

If you are considering this a doorway to primo sandbagging, better check the Classification Administration page on the USPSA website:

"If a person loses his classification by dropping membership for a period of three years or less, he shall be reinstated in class according to previously known ability once he resumes competing."

Later,

Chuck

If you do not have a current membership you are no longer classified?

Now Merlin,

If you are considering this a doorway to primo sandbagging, better check the Classification Administration page on the USPSA website:

"If a person loses his classification by dropping membership for a period of three years or less, he shall be reinstated in class according to previously known ability once he resumes competing."

Later,

Chuck

LOL... I saw it as a way to get rid of my grandbagging A card and get back to B where I definitely belong... B)

So I go to the EZ win score "support" page down load the patch 3.06 to patch the patch 3.05 that patched another patch back in April, all set right?

Go to download the text file (both text and Zip) and tried to update all the classifacion files for the competitor database I have who have shot over the past few years. Bad load after bad load and a few more bad loads. I guess I'll wait for a few more days to see what else gets a "fix" then try to update just before the match in a week or so. Nothing like waiting till the last miniute I always say, why do today what you can put off till tomorrow, or even next week. :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

FWIW the data from the latest ex class update contains data in an unsupported format, yumpin yiminy.

Hey mod dudes if you feel this should be in "what I hate" or "operations" feel free to move it around as you see fit. Thanks

Just upgrade to Life Membership and you never have to worry again. ;)

Merlin: You can petition to have your classification reduced. It is a fairly rare occurrence but it does happen.

Please tell me there is a grace period of some sort. I was expired for a month or two last year, and if USPSA dumped my classification because of that I would be seriously annoyed.

Lawman....

From the USPSA home page

Declassification of Expired Members - The board passed a motion to declassify expired members after a sixty day grace period. The effective date was not specified; rather it was to begin when office technology could be updated to accommodate it. That occurred with the June update. When the classification routine was run in June, in addition to classifying or reclassifying those members who earned it, the program also declassified expired members. When those members rejoin USPSA, they will be reclassified and their previous high percentage restored. Their current percentage will be whatever the scores average out to be among the best six of the most recent eight valid scores in the database at the first reclassification run AFTER they have renewed

Only those currently expired, it's not meant to be a punishment for past sins. My understanding is it's meant to keep non-USPSA members from using their old classification.

The process to rectify a grand bagging problem is pretty simple. Just ask your Section Coordinator to recommend to USPSA that you are justified in your request to be moved down a class. As long as you don't start winning everything in sight, they might even believe you.

I just hate to admit that I'm slowing down enough to justify it.

Just to be clear -

-- after a membership has been expired for MORE THAN 60 days, the classification file will show all classifications for that [former] member as "X" (for "expired")

-- if/when the member reinstates their membership, their classifications will all be set RIGHT BACK to what they were. No harm, no foul.

Bruce

Just upgrade to Life Membership and you never have to worry again. ;)

Would be the best idea. WHy doesn't everyone get a lifer?

Maybe for the same reason that you still have an A number! Or how long is a life time?

Life at the current rates is a pretty good deal. If you think you might be a member for 10 years or longer then it is way cheaper to do the life thing. I only renewed once...to life. Now I am over half-way to having it "making money".

I believe they will split the life thing into quarterly payments if that is easier to handle.

Just to be clear -

-- after a membership has been expired for MORE THAN 60 days, the classification file will show all classifications for that [former] member as "X" (for "expired")

-- if/when the member reinstates their membership, their classifications will all be set RIGHT BACK to what they were. No harm, no foul.

Bruce

The X shows up on the USPSA site (classification look-up), but shows up in EZ as being an U-class...correct?