Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is Shooting the Wheel at The LPR 2008

Bwana Six-Gun

Well...todays the day I would of liked to be leaving for Tulsa....but I never got a slot :( .

Try to hang on, Pat. We don't shoot until Sunday, so you don't really need to take off for Tulsa until noon on Friday. Things might change over the next 48 hours.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it sucks that a bunch of revolver shooters didn't get in--I know of at least three wheels that are still sitting on the wait list. It sounds to me like USPSA needs to find a way to ensure that an adequate number of slots are available for each division.

You mean, of course, that all the Revolver shooters get in. Right? :roflol:

Pat. I think Chad is off. Seems like he took vacation before his injury.

You ought to talk him into climbing on his scooter and making the ride out there with you. (he mentioned an interest in going out anyway)

If I was 12 on the list and wanted to be there...

Well...todays the day I would of liked to be leaving for Tulsa....but I never got a slot :( . Don't want to drive the grand to take the chance. I will just let Bubber move up another slot. I am 11 on the list and I think Bubber is 12.

Good luck to every one. Try to post some video for the rest of us.

see ya on the range...somewhere,

41mag

Pat, I have resigned myself to just shoot the OKC Match Saturday to be sure I get to shoot that week. I hate to beg off but. yada yada yada yada. You know the same old excuses that come up. I will be there Tuesday to visit and watch squads 1 and 24. I believe those are the two Revo Squads. I don't think they will be adding anymore from the waiting list as the squads are now final (sorta) Good luck to all and cyader. latter rdd

Well...todays the day I would of liked to be leaving for Tulsa....but I never got a slot :( .

Try to hang on, Pat. We don't shoot until Sunday, so you don't really need to take off for Tulsa until noon on Friday. Things might change over the next 48 hours.

+1 with the storm, there will be some no shows.

I have no doubt you will get a slot. If you show up and don't get one, I'll pay for your gas and hotel and beer....

Just do it man.

Pat, I have resigned myself to just shoot the OKC Match Saturday to be sure I get to shoot that week. I hate to beg off but. yada yada yada yada. You know the same old excuses that come up. I will be there Tuesday to visit and watch squads 1 and 24. I believe those are the two Revo Squads. I don't think they will be adding anymore from the waiting list as the squads are now final (sorta) Good luck to all and cyader. latter rdd

Bubber, you got no excuse. This is your backyard. Last year Elliot and Annette walked on. There are 13 places on squads with less than 11 shooters and there are 2 squads with 12. That makes about 20 spaces if they can go to 12 man squads.

Show up. We need someone to help with Ken anyway.

Bubber, you got no excuse. This is your backyard. Last year Elliot and Annette walked on. There are 13 places on squads with less than 11 shooters and there are 2 squads with 12. That makes about 20 spaces if they can go to 12 man squads.

Well, as I already had my match ammo loaded and have enough to shoot Saturday at OKC.... I'll show up Saturday afternoon and see whut happens. Maybe I can get squadded with another Revo Shooter..Huh Pat? We shall see. till then, rdd

Well, as I already had my match ammo loaded and have enough to shoot Saturday at OKC.... I'll show up Saturday afternoon and see whut happens. Maybe I can get squadded with another Revo Shooter..Huh Pat? We shall see. till then, rdd

You've certainly driven to USSA for no good reason before... ;)

Bubber, I expect to see you there! <_< When you get in, I expect you to ask for Squad 24, I need a mentor. :D Just get you an onion and hold it under your nose before you go in and have lots of tears and a handful of Ben Franklin's. You will be in. <_< I look forward to seeing you there.

PAT

Bubber, Pat,

You guys can make the TN section now (Cheaper trip too) Bill will let you in, just drop him a line. He's Stage3 on these forums.

HOP

Hey Hop, Wrong Pat. I burned all my vacation for this one. I will try to make TN next year, since this will probably be my last nationals.

PAT

Bubber, I expect to see you there! <_< When you get in, I expect you to ask for Squad 24, I need a mentor. :D Just get you an onion and hold it under your nose before you go in and have lots of tears and a handful of Ben Franklin's. You will be in. <_< I look forward to seeing you there.

PAT

Bwana, Roger Reid, that Smith fellar and Rick Miller will be a good mentors for you, Tor--mentors. It looks like squad 20 has only 4 shooters in it right now, That is where they will probably put me if I can get in. But still hope to shoot with a bunch of Revo guys an gals.

Bwana, Roger Reid, that Smith fellar and Rick Miller will be a good mentors for you, Tor--mentors. It looks like squad 20 has only 4 shooters in it right now, That is where they will probably put me if I can get in. But still hope to shoot with a bunch of Revo guys an gals.

Bubber, some of the squads have 12 shooters so I'd bet if you tell them your are shooting revo and ask nicely, they could put on the revo squad. The key is to get there early.

Hope to see you.

Come on Bubber, I've been waiting to meet you, and Cliff is buying all the beer everyone can drink! :cheers:

Jon

I thought that was "everyone's buying all the beer Cliff can drink" Might be cheaper to fill the pool!

See ya all there!

Pat, the wait list does not matter now. You have to show up sat morning and be first in line. I was 48th on list last year and a lot of us showed up early and got in

Thanks for the info my friend.

I must say that sucks...to have slots passed out that will never be offered to those on the wait list. I was thinking about coming again after all the encouraging post but this fact leaves me shaking my head. Why would they not ask all those folks waiting at the door on opening morning if they are already on the waiting list and use there position on the list to determine the order in which the available slots get passed out?

Are there slots right NOW? Surely there is not or we would see the list move, right? So the only slots that will be passed out are for known cancellations? If the slots are passed out to the early birds first how do they know that someone cancelled (no show) already? Most people would give as much notice as possible if they weren't coming I would think, so that makes me think the cancellations are coming in now and they are just saving the slots for the early birds and not offering them to the waiting list folks.

If they are just going to increase the number of slots (match competitors) on Saturday morning to accommodate the early birds at the gate they could of done the same thing and got people off the wait list. I am missing a key logical explanation to the whole process (or maybe not).

41mag

Pat, the wait list does not matter now. You have to show up sat morning and be first in line. I was 48th on list last year and a lot of us showed up early and got in

Thanks for the info my friend.

I must say that sucks...to have slots passed out that will never be offered to those on the wait list. I was thinking about coming again after all the encouraging post but this fact leaves me shaking my head. Why would they not ask all those folks waiting at the door on opening morning if they are already on the waiting list and use there position on the list to determine the order in which the available slots get passed out?

Are there slots right NOW? Surely there is not or we would see the list move, right? So the only slots that will be passed out are for known cancellations? If the slots are passed out to the early birds first how do they know that someone cancelled (no show) already? Most people would give as much notice as possible if they weren't coming I would think, so that makes me think the cancellations are coming in now and they are just saving the slots for the early birds and not offering them to the waiting list folks.

If they are just going to increase the number of slots (match competitors) on Saturday morning to accommodate the early birds at the gate they could of done the same thing and got people off the wait list. I am missing a key logical explanation to the whole process (or maybe not).

41mag

I don't think there's anything underhanded going on, it's just that at some point operations move from Sedro Woolley to the match site and the whole waiting list/cancellation/recall system produces diminishing returns. If they tried to follow wait list order on registration day with the chaos that is the start of every Nationals, anarchy would break out.

The other fact is that there are a number of people that don't know they aren't going to make it yet, because they won't break their arm until tomorrow, miss their flight until Saturday, or discover that their ammo/gun/holster has been lost/broken/confiscated until noon Saturday.

In fact, I'd guess the operators of the waiting list system are already on the ground in Tulsa (or on their way) and are even now trying to figure out what the airlines did with the computers and who forgot to order in the Port-a-Potty's.

It is risky to make the long trip, but many have gotten in because they rolled the dice. It's not the kind of gamble I would take to Berry, so it all depends on your risk aversion.

Well made it home about midnight after the Nats in Tulsa. Got to shoot with sci and cheetah and Ricardo in OKC just before the Nats. Had a great time met some great whellgunners with snertly and the gang. But one question...Has anyone seen my kidneys?... later rdd