Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

Ben,

It was nice shooting with you on Saturday, that was one of the most entertaining squads I have ever been a part of.

Luckily I was squadded behind you guys on Sunday and got to see the "IPSC Superman"....Strong hand only poppers on the move will never be forgotten !!!!!!!

Nick

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in from the nationals… Here is the video:

And of course the “superman” by itself.:

If you are wondering what all the yelling was about, I shot those poppers on the way up strong hand only on the run. =)

I was on a really fun squad.. Good shooters and plenty of laughs. I didn’t shoot that well but I had a good time.

Great videos. Good to see you and bs some. Hope you had fun at the match

Flyin

Back in from the nationals… Here is the video:

And of course the “superman” by itself.:

If you are wondering what all the yelling was about, I shot those poppers on the way up strong hand only on the run. =)

I was on a really fun squad.. Good shooters and plenty of laughs. I didn’t shoot that well but I had a good time.

Ben-you are a major dude! That was the most spontaneous cheering I have ever been around at any big match. It was even more impressive from the side-Ben is running a long way and taking the steel one handed on the move. James Bond level skill.

I have one question. It is probably on everyone's mind who reads this thread. Who is Ben Stewger? I saw the videos and don't recognize him from any of the major matches. I have never seen him on a nationals video and I have every one since the Burner Series. He looks pretty young. Young guys today have no respect for the game. That's why I left it in the late 80s but am still very much dedicated to the sport and love ROing at my local club. I remember when Robbie was just a young lad. He was so cheerful and respectful. Others should take notice to the way he carried himself. Like Robbie always told me, when you actually become a top shooter everyone knows it, respects you for it, and you carry this sport on your shoulders. This brings to mind another young shooter who has carried himself in a very positive manner, Rob Vogel. He seems to be another Robbie in the making. I just hope as I grow older, I see more young men like this shine a positive light on our sport in the future.

DVC,

Boo

I have one question. It is probably on everyone's mind who reads this thread. Who is Ben Stewger? I saw the videos and don't recognize him from any of the major matches. I have never seen him on a nationals video and I have every one since the Burner Series. He looks pretty young. Young guys today have no respect for the game. That's why I left it in the late 80s but am still very much dedicated to the sport and love ROing at my local club. I remember when Robbie was just a young lad. He was so cheerful and respectful. Others should take notice to the way he carried himself. Like Robbie always told me, when you actually become a top shooter everyone knows it, respects you for it, and you carry this sport on your shoulders. This brings to mind another young shooter who has carried himself in a very positive manner, Rob Vogel. He seems to be another Robbie in the making. I just hope as I grow older, I see more young men like this shine a positive light on our sport in the future.

DVC,

Boo

I have no clue what in the hell you are talking about. I don't know if you are telling me I am doing a good job or if you are ripping on me. If you want to have a conversation with me, you need to post something comprehensible.

If you are interested in name dropping the top shooters and talking about how young punks don’t respect the game, take it elsewhere.

As to "who is Ben Stewger?"... if you actually took the time to read the thread in its entirety, you would have a pretty good idea who I am.

DVC,

Boo

Ben is a really, really good GM in Production Division. I think he will get better, he has amazing skills and a really good attitude towards shooting. He is shining a positive light. .Bob Vogel is a great shooter as well. His record speaks for itself, two time consecutive National Champion Production Division USPSA, among others. I am not sure of the point of your post, but times change, things change. Ben is a modern guy, using all the techniques to learn and teach others. This forum is about shooting and I really appreciate Ben's putting himself and his methods out there for everyone to see. I just shot with a lot of really good shooters last weekend, including the two you named above. All shooters respect each other and respect the differences in personality. It's about shooting. Please don't post negatively. Lots of shooters know Ben Stoeger. Also learn to spell. DVC

Completely agree. Boo, your post reads almost as an attack on Ben, just because you don't know him and he's young...two very poor reasons to attack someone. You also need to consider the fact that you invaded Ben's range diary thread, he's not pushing himself on you, you are coming at him.

Ben has shot the last several nationals including the most recent one in vegas and done very well for himself, and I'd say the majority of the shooters who have been at the major matches in recent years would have no trouble identifying Ben.

Sorry Ben, I know you can stand on your own, It is just very irritating to see people posting the "young people today have no respect for the game" BS.

I had the opportunity to shoot on the same squad with Ben and Bob in Ohio. They are both great representatives of our sport. Getting to shoot with these world-class competitors was truly one of the highlights of my season - and I learned a lot!

Ben was 9th in 2009, 3rd in 2008, 5th in 2007 - clearly one of the best Production shooters in USPSA.

Edited by IL-SIG

As tempting as it may be to bash Boo Davis, referring to another member as "moronic", etc. is simply not going to fly around here. Please remember the Forum Guidelines, and continue to operate on the higher plane for which this board is so well-known, while the moderators deal with the problem, of which we are quite aware. Thanks.

DVC,

Boo

Hey Boo, i bet Ben can shoot a sub 3 el prez :roflol:

On with the regularly scheduled nonsense.

I have been physically training pretty hard this week. Now that the weather up north has turned cold, I will be shooting less and less until the snow hits. Then I will be shooting VERY little. Its kind of a bummer, I would like to shoot like a madman year round, but it is not possible.

In other news:

Looks like Matt Mink won production at the Area 4 match. Mad props to him! I also notice that they used one of my stage designs at that match. Cool!

I am into the work out/ load ammo phase now. I want to get a good supply of maybe 20000 rounds before next spring. I only have about 2k ready now (I shot more than I planned to last month).

Only one match left this year, and that will be the Fall Classic in Milan. I am looking forward to that. It will be pretty cold, so I got me some UnderArmour cold gear. That should keep me nice and toasty while I shoot cardboard people.