Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

good video looked like fun stages. no sandals? too bad it didnt rain as much as mialn..lol.. so how do you think you did? will you be at illinois sectionals or iowa? ill be working illinois and still working on getting to iowa.. keep up the good work love the videos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got back about 230 this morning from Area 5. The match was a marathon, with 15 stages shot in only one day. Here is some video:

Overall, a pretty lame effort on my part. I had some problems, too many to be able to challenge Dave for the win. The most annoying issue I had was my first ever jam in a match. I had a case fail to extract (worn out extractor spring, it will be fixed soon) and that caused a double feed. 6 seconds later, I was back to shooting. I estimate that stage will cost me 30 pts in the final standings. That sort of margin is not recoverable. I ended up with a miss and one D as well, so not my most accurate shooting. I had some good stages, and a couple great stages. But mostly I had just so so stages.

Overall, it was a positive learning experience for me, and I had a good time catching up with people. I hadn’t seen flex $$ in 2 years, so it was good to catch up with him. I was squatted with Canadians. They were fun, but perhaps a little bit foul mouthed for some peoples tastes.

Either way, I am going to prep my gear for MN Sectional tomorrow.

After this weekend I should have a good idea of what I need to do with my training from here. I just am waiting on the results from today’s and tomorrow’s shooting at area 5

Ben,

2nd to Dave is not bad! Congrats on that, then same weekend winning all the stages at the MN Sectional! I call that a good weekend!! :cheers:

Tom

Ok I am hot and heavy back into my training.

My movement style is going to be changing a little bit to a wider stance. This should put my center of gravity a little bit lower. I started working my new movement drill. My plan is to video it every week for 10 weeks and see how my style evolves.

My SDB press is tearing up shell plate retaining bolts with a vengeance. After 5 weeks of waiting on Dillon I still don’t have any new ones. I realize that something is wrong with my press, but I am not sending it back in until snow starts to fall. The point of all this is that I can’t make more ammo and I am going to be running low soon at the pace I am burning it up. Hopefully the situation changes soon.

In the immortal words of Doc holiday "Say when"

Ben, Waxman: How do you load the 147 gr black bullets? Drazy sent me a hundred or so gratis when I ordered some airsoft targets, and I've been meaning to try them out--and everyone keeps saying that Solo1000 works really well.

What's your recipe?

In the immortal words of Doc holiday "Say when"

Ben, Waxman: How do you load the 147 gr black bullets? Drazy sent me a hundred or so gratis when I ordered some airsoft targets, and I've been meaning to try them out--and everyone keeps saying that Solo1000 works really well.

What's your recipe?

I am running 3.4 gr at 1.140 OAL length. These bullets tend to run faster in Glocks... so you might want to back off the powder a little bit. (3.2 gr?)

Laters,

Ben

Hey guys… my parts finally showed up today. So, you can stop PMing me to help me with my press. I am surprised that no less than five guys offered to send me bolts, some of them off their own press! This forum certainly is a helpful place. If I ever need a kidney transplant I will post on here first.

Thanks again everyone that tried to help me out.

Local match today:

Movement has been my big focus this week, and I will continue to drill hard on it.

I didn't shoot that great....I just switched mag pouches and the new ones will take some time to fully get used to. I blew a couple reloads today.

I just switched mag pouches and the new ones will take some time to fully get used to.

It's hard to tell from the video, but what were you using and what are you using now for magazine pouches?

I was using Speed Comp, I am now using Ghost.

I am not GM, but one observation, maybe you will try in your practice.

For example, if you are going from left to right, you lift your right foot, then put it a little behind and push with it now. This kind of mistake you are doing in all positions from left to right or from right to left in this video. You are loosing time there, because doing this you are just standing. Try "drop step and push" technique:

I think you will shave few thousands definetly. By the way this kind of "drop step and push" technique is using Adam Tyc alot. Also Eric Grauffel teaches, if you will go for example from left to right, you should make one big step with your right foot in direction you are going first.

Sorry for hijaking your range diary.

All of those techniques are seen in soccer skills drills for moving very quickly from a stop and changing directions quickly. Shooters were not the first people to learn them.

Ben is trying tto illustrate how he brings the gun up when he gets in and out of shooting positions.