Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KY Multi-Gun Championship

Just want to say THANK YOU to Gary Welborn and his staff for another outstanding match. This match just keeps getting better and better. Stages looked simple then you had to shoot them and and things really changed. Nice balance of quick stages and ones you had to think about. Really liked the idea of a prize table "stage" speeded up the match so everyone got done at a nice time. Looking forward to next years match, again a big job well done and THANK YOU to all of the staff.

+1 to sniperdogs comments.

The crew at Owensboro always put on a great match. Stage design was excellent, the RO's were real troopers, and the BBQ was great too. My hat is off to those who worked all day (or several days) in the muggy heat to treat the shooters to a great match. A big thanks also to all the sponsors for a great prize table.

:cheers:

I think I can speak for the whole crew from the Great State of Georgia when I say job well done. This match had some of the friendliest most good natured ROs that I have ever been around at a match. It really was a great experience. My hats off to the KY 3 gunners...

Yep........great stages. I think its a big part of what the match is known for. Cool prize table idea. Had a good time. The BBQ crew was awesome as well. Well worth the 6 hour trip from Jawja. Next year I will bring more water though.

Thanks to the RO's for putting up with us on Stage 8 for all those reshoots. You guys were great. Who in the world decided to call that "Way Easy" anyway?

Way Easy................... NOT

Thanks to all for coming to shoot the match. There was many new faces and it was great meeting each of you. We had some great sponsors this year and I would like to thank all of them for supporting the match. Techware USA provided shirts for the staff and they kept the staff looking and feeling cool. Thanks Bob! For those that enjoyed the BBQ, the same crew will be back next year. Man that stuff was good.

Great seeing all of you and we'll see everyone next year. :cheers:

Chris C.

It was great to get to visit with everyone during the match, and 3 gun shooters are hands down the easiest squads to work with.

+2 on the match. The one day format was great, and the stages were challenging. As a competitor I want to say good job to Gary, Chris, Frank and all the RO's for the match. As an RO I want to say thanks to all the competitors on Saturday for making it easy for being an RO.

Hope to see everyone again next year.

Albert Pilkington.

Awesome job guys! It was great to see everyone again and made better by it being at a well organized and challenging shooting event. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Speaking of.... what about a team event next time? I have ideas.... so don't hesitate to ask.

Awesome job guys! It was great to see everyone again and made better by it being at a well organized and challenging shooting event. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Speaking of.... what about a team event next time? I have ideas.... so don't hesitate to ask.

Team event, that does sound like a good idea while we are waiting on results. Gary,Chris and I are registered for Tri-gun and the team event, so soon they will have some first hand experience.

it was great to go shoot a match for a change and not having to run one.this was a great match with great people running it.every big match needs to copy the way you ran the prize table.it was a pleasure to shoot with all the guys on squad 8.

SEE YA'LL NEXT YEAR :bow:

ROGER * TAMMY

ps--thanks for letting me bring my 4wheeler

Great job guys! This match gets better every year. Gary, Chris, Frank and staff did an awesome job on this one. This will be a memorable match indeed. Plus, I got this great pic of Airedale goofing off during a reload, the camera loves you Dave! 200820Ky20State203Gun2005020Large.jpg

What a great match! A nice facility and GREAT R.O.s Thank Gary, Chris and crew, The Brit and I had a blast! Thank you and your crew for helping me soo much.

Also I finally met Jeff Gordon and got a few of his GREAT 45 round AR mags, there are NONE better! P.M. SuddenDeath and get youz some they are great!! KurtM

yep.....1+ on all the above. This was thier best match yet! a long day of shooting, sun, and more fun they anybody should be allowed to have...plus I got see a couple of old friends which made it even better.

Thanks to all the folks who helped with a super match.

Now that sounds like a good idea. Here's my idea. Pistol shooter gets the star, shotgun gets 8 plates or clays, and rifle gets 6 targets at 50 yards 2 rounds on 3, mag change, 2 rounds on the other 3, scored using the international rules. $20 to enter a 3 man team and winners take all. OK Jim lay it on me, what's your idea? I'm not hesitating so I'm asking.

Oh by the way good to see you again. I need to roll my ass to Rolla and hang out and learn something for a weekend. :cheers: Hope your knee gets to feeling better.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

First time to shoot the Kentucy Multi-gun Championship and I have to say it was outstanding. Great staff,RO's,stages,sponsors,prize table,weather and food. It doesn't get any better than that. It was great to see my usual friends,some old friends and make some new ones. Great weekend.

Job well done guys Malcome.

1. Shooter one has a shotgun and engages only clays activated by Shooter two with a pistol and engaging only steel while shooter 3 engages only paper with the rifle. Plenty of mid-range paper to keep the noise volume high.

2. Shooter one has a pistol to engage a number of poppers before Shooter 2 uses the shotgun to engage a like number of clays before Shooter 3 uses the rifle to engage a like number of papers.

3. Team Relay..... Each shooter has the same array with the same procedure. Pistol El-Prez at 5 yards. Rifle El-Prez at 10 yds. Shotgun 9 clays or steel at 10 yds. Shooter then has to run back to the start box so shooter 2 can move forward and follow the same procedure.

4. 4X4 shoot. Board posted at 25 yds fastest team to cut the 4X4 in half wins. One shooter on pistol, one of rifle and 1 on the shotgun with slugs.

1. Shooter one has a shotgun and engages only clays activated by Shooter two with a pistol and engaging only steel while shooter 3 engages only paper with the rifle. Plenty of mid-range paper to keep the noise volume high.

2. Shooter one has a pistol to engage a number of poppers before Shooter 2 uses the shotgun to engage a like number of clays before Shooter 3 uses the rifle to engage a like number of papers.

3. Team Relay..... Each shooter has the same array with the same procedure. Pistol El-Prez at 5 yards. Rifle El-Prez at 10 yds. Shotgun 9 clays or steel at 10 yds. Shooter then has to run back to the start box so shooter 2 can move forward and follow the same procedure.

4. 4X4 shoot. Board posted at 25 yds fastest team to cut the 4X4 in half wins. One shooter on pistol, one of rifle and 1 on the shotgun with slugs.

I'm voting for #4.

Chris C.

Just out of curiosity because I couldn't attend the match. How was the prize table handled? Several comments made on it.

The chrono was stage 9, the prize table stage 10. You chrono'd and then went to the prize table, drew a ticket out of a bucket. The ticket number corresponded with a matching ticket. It was simple, quick, and easy.

Dave