Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Like Your Popcorn ?

Are you old-school and actually *like* to make popcorn ? Do you have a certain kind that you absolutely have to get every time ?

Or are you more modern and fast-paced and just cant wait that long ?

I prefer to spend my time enjoying the popcorn instead of actually working at it. What about you ? :rolleyes:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I could not vote; there was no option for Yes. Either will do with enough butter and salt.

However. A good quality popcorn, cooked with an old fashioned popcorn popper, in bacon drippings, over a fire is really the way to go when the microwave is broken.

:cheers:

How's that for old school? My dad used to fix it that way and fill a grocery bag with it before we set off to the drive in movie double header to see King Kong and the Werewolf or whatever Sci-fi was playing that weekend. :)

I'm like Chris i would rather enjoy the popcorn than work at it. Don't feel bad Z not all of us remember the good times when you would go out to the fields and bring the corn in before you could pop it the "old fashioned way" (there was no other way)

:lol:

:popcorn:

I can take it or leave it...but my hubby? Every night, without fail, he puts a cup of yellow kernels in his Orville Redenbacker airpopper. As the puffed kernels spill out the spout, he generously spritzes them with butter spray. He then salts the popcorn. And then, he eats this giant, Jethro Bodine - sized bowl lingering over the "hens" - the partially popped kernels. Those are his favorite. Like I said in another thread, I think he needs a 12 step program.

Edited by carinab

My preferred method is to use an old electric popcorn popper from the 50's. Put in some butter flavored popcorn popper oil and a couple of kernels. When the kernels start to pop then put in the rest. When done empty into a paper grocery sack and add melted butter and salt. But in a pinch, like when I'm in a hurry like tonight, I will use the microwave and an air popper.

Popcorn is good! :cheers:

There used to be a bar-b-que joint in Memphis called The Public Eye....(anyone heard of it???). They would serve popcorn kinda like an appetizer until your meal arrived. They would sprinkle it with their dry-rub powder and then I would put a drop of their bar-b-que sauce in the center of each kernal. Don't knock it until you try it......great combination !!!!

I did not vote as "Kettle Corn" was not an option (or was that what Old fasion was supposed to be). For me all other popcorn is boring. My wife loves to go to the local street fair(s) when organized. The Kettle corn is the only thing that makes them tollerable.

Back in the day my grandma would sit around and make them for halloween. Back when it was safe to get homemade treats from strangers. They were really good, may have to ask her if she ever makes them now...

:blizzard: