Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinty Sights

ogiebb

anybody tested out the new Infinity Adjustable sights? i need a replacement for my Bomars and the new infinity sights might be just the ticket ..just wondering if they are worth the extra BUcks.... thanks for any info

Edited by ogiebb

I got to see a pre-production one about 8 weeks ago. You'll get what you pay for them. Interchangable blades, machined from barstock, over-built where it should be. I thought it was everything an adjustable sight should be.

I have a set on my Single Stack and they are incredible. As already mentioned, they are 100% made from barstock and machined to incredible tolerances. They are the absolute best sights that I have ever seen period.

As with all things, you get what you pay for.

Edited by L9X25

• 4 weeks later...

Well I didnt have a choice before as it was either Bomar or Dawson if you wanted fibre. Now that they are available I will buy the SVI. I dont mind paying extra for product that when it gives me issues the company steps up and either fixes or replace it without as much as a word, even when it may not have been a product defect. I already spend too much for this sport to worry about the extra. If it cost a little more and is 100% reliable then I will pay it.

They look interesting, however I'm confused with all the options :D

Would the lower blade height be better than the higher blade height? What about the bladestyle? Also is a lower mount/base be better for IPSC/USPSA or is this for duty/carry firearms? Can someone help a newbie like me?? :P

"Front Sight" has an ad for the new sights, but it's hard to see (at least for me) any details because of the dark background. Hopefully someone will be able to post clear pictures of the sights. If they are as well made as some have suggested, then I would definitely spend the extra $$ for them!

the sights are ok for all old Infinity or the old slide need some accomodation work?

Ask Brandon, but I believe the high base is "Bomar compatible" and may be used with existing Infinities; newer slides will be cut for the low base SVI sight.

• 2 months later...
the sights are ok for all old Infinity or the old slide need some accomodation work?

Ask Brandon, but I believe the high base is "Bomar compatible" and may be used with existing Infinities; newer slides will be cut for the low base SVI sight.

A buddy of mine has 2 of these. They appear very well made but neither of us like the adjustments much. A bomar has a very positive "click" when turning the windage and elevation screws. The new Infinity sights use an allen wrench and appear to just have friction adjustments. No real positive click when turning the screw and that is on both of his sights.