Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anybody CURRENTLY using bear creek bullets?

jimmy1

:unsure: they are good and is very clean and soft ..but have you tried to case gauge them? almost every single ammo that i have loaded does not fit the gauge but perfect on the barrel..Thanks

same here, won't fit in my case gauge but runs fine in my fat free. OgieBB hows the smoke with TG?

i shot a match last night indoors and i really dont think it smokes that much..the targets was close so even with really fast shots i could still see the sights and target clearly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ogiebb,

thanks for info. with the price of bullets through the roof, I like probably most other shooters on a tight budget are trying to find the most inexpensive alternative. how would you rate the quality of these bullets shooting through your g34.

they feel almost as good as the 147gr jacketed ones that i have used before and are very accurate

:unsure: they are good and is very clean and soft ..but have you tried to case gauge them? almost every single ammo that i have loaded does not fit the gauge but perfect on the barrel..Thanks

same here, won't fit in my case gauge but runs fine in my fat free. OgieBB hows the smoke with TG?

i shot a match last night indoors and i really dont think it smokes that much..the targets was close so even with really fast shots i could still see the sights and target clearly

great I have 5 pounds of TG that was given by a friend. ordered my BC 180s.

• 3 weeks later...

I used them in both practice and matches this year. STI edge in limited. My plan for next year is Bear creek for practice and JHP's for matches. They work great for me. Bear Creeks phone # 209-874-4322

• 3 months later...

I have used Bear Creek 180 TC in my glock 22 and now my glock35 as well as loaded long in my SVI limited .40. I have also used their 405gr 45-70 bullets, 147 and 125 9mm, 158 .357, 200 and 230 45acps I have not had a problem in any of the guns. My glock 22 is of the 1st generation and is still on the original barrel. I haven't noticed any moly build up problems in my guns but I clean them every 250 rounds or so. I have been using these bullets for about 12 years now. I live about 10 miles from their location. I think they're great.

:cheers:

Thanks...Z

I used to have problems with them in the case gauge. About 1 in 5 would not go. I adjusted my bell (on the powder funnel) to the bare minimum needed and backed off on my crimp. Now I only have about 1 in 100 (but usually even less) that wont go.

The 115 do not work in any of my HiPowers. The ogive is different than that of the 125s. So.. I don't use the 115.

THe 125s have been great, I shoot them over TG, W231, and 7625. I can recommend these to anyone. Friends of mine are shooting them in various platforms and calibers I am the only one to have had any problems. (I like the 125s better anyway so I really don't have a problem.)

These seem to be the easiest bullet to get locally without shipping from an online distributor. I find them for sale at matches, and my local components guy sells them. I am planning on using the .40s to load 10mm.

JZ

I have used Bear Creek 180 TC in my glock 22 and now my glock35 as well as loaded long in my SVI limited .40. I have also used their 405gr 45-70 bullets, 147 and 125 9mm, 158 .357, 200 and 230 45acps I have not had a problem in any of the guns. My glock 22 is of the 1st generation and is still on the original barrel. I haven't noticed any moly build up problems in my guns but I clean them every 250 rounds or so. I have been using these bullets for about 12 years now. I live about 10 miles from their location. I think they're great.

:cheers:

Thanks...Z

Hello z man, I have shot bear creek bullets in many calipers (38,40,44,45) for at least 10 years I also have a glock 22 1st gen. I clean the barrel as I shoot every couple mags or so with a brush or rope. No problems. I also load for a glock model 21, 20, 27. I have also shot so many moly bullets in my guns that I can say they have treated my guns and barrels superbly. When I shot league years ago I could get away with practicing with moly bullets. I shot 45acp 200 grs and 44 mag with 240 swc molley. My moly bullets were always the most accurate ( as opposed to jacketed) whether from my 45 acp custom ss caspian with a nowlin barrel or a s&w model 629 blued for league. For me Bear Creek bullets are inexpensive and reliable. It would take a long time to list all the bullets I have from bear creek. 44 spl/mag and 45 long colt and 45 acp and 40 are most used. it's nice to see someone else has had the same experience with glocks and moly. DO NOT DO ANYTHING THE MAUFACTURER SAYS NOT TO DO IN RELOADING GLOCKS

• 3 months later...
not good for stock glock barrel.

does anyone have them in stock?

Harmon

I've used them in my stock glock. Not really a problem, just needs a good cleaning. An option if you use them regularly is to rebarrel.

We sell Bear Creek Bullets. Having "stock" depends on a lot of factors - especially those stockpiling.

The prices are always great. Availability of lead is always an issue. Prices on lead are way down, but it can be hard to find.

Drop me a line at mcclintock0 at netzero dot com (that's a zero, not a capital O).

Thanks

Tom

Edited by TomMcC

I've been using the 230 LRN and 200gr SWC in 45, the 158gr LRN in 38spl and the 125gr LRN in 9mm. I am very happy with the BCS bullets and they're customer service. (when they answer the phone).

You just have to know the right time to call. Try between 11:30 and 1:30 PST or after 3:30 PST.

Edited by kaiserb

I have been using Bear Creek for sometime now. They are as accurate as any lead bullet and most jacketed in my guns. Much less smoke than lubed lead. It is hardly noticeable unless you catch the light just right and it's actually not a hindrance. Their telephone number is: 209-874-4322 and that is the only way to order as far as I can tell. If you order makes $95 or more the shipping is included in the price.

I have been using 230gr .45 Acp and 158gr. 38 Spl, both round nose, and they are very accurate in both. I have not cleaned the barrel in the 586 8 3/8 S&W in several hundred rounds and the accumulation has not increased since the first hundred rounds and the accuracy has not fallen off any at all. Someone else had indicated this and I wanted to test it out and I'll clean it when the accumulation changes or the accuracy falls off. I'm sold on Bear Creek bullets.

I use a custom built 686 with a seven inch barrel with two ports, done by Bob Jones-PPC Shooters will know Bob, and they do cause considerable build up in the ports as I expected. It's not that difficult to remove using the white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution. I have managed one inch groups at 50yds from the prone position with the 158gr RN, this is slow and deliberate shooting for a group and zeroing a scope.

I just started using their 140 grain bullets in my 40 open gun. They look to be equal or better than master blasters in quality. I will likely use them in 180 grain when my masterblasters run out.

Here's the info you need. They're still going off the 2008 price list last time I checked.

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/imag...k_2008_Info.pdf

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/imag...2008_Retail.pdf

• 4 months later...

Bear creek used to have a web site.. probably figured he could keep up with whoever wants to order his bullets via word of mouth and competitors that know his stuff. Likely figured the web site was costing more than it was worth and he's likely making them and selling them fast enough. I don't think it is a very large operation.

I believe Steve is the owner..

Edited by sargenv