Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anybody CURRENTLY using bear creek bullets?

jimmy1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you pay for a box/500 pcs. of BC? Will you save if you order like in bulk (10k)?

paid $736 for 10k shipped of 40sw 200gr.....its 38.50 per box of 500 and gives a 5% discount for 10K...you can also mix and match with diff ammo as long as its 10k total

• 3 weeks later...

I have used them for a few years in a stock g35, they have always worked great for me. Until i found out you are not supposed to shoot lead through a glock barrel. So i stopped for awhile, but I will still keep shooting the bear creek bullets through my glock.

Since getting a .40 this year I have tried Black Bullet International, and Bear Creek. The bear Creek look IDENTICAL to the BBI in .40 180 gr. I can't tell the difference side by side, and they are alot cheaper. Plus, there is a guy who is a distributor that lives about 8 miles from me and shoots at our club. So that makes them even more inexpensive and I can pick them up whenever I have a little extra pocket money laying around.

So while I prefer the BBI in 9mm 130 gr., in .40, I think I will stick with the BC. BBI is a close 2nd.

Lots ofthings have happened to Bear Creek in the past what??? year and a half??? maybe two??? lead prices as we all know have doubled in price, and for those who think you need a website in the 21rst century??? not really, Steve is basically a one man shop or at least he was when i wentthere to pick up my order, and to be honest, his word of mouth following is doing quite well, so much so, that to he honest, practical shooters fall a distant 2nd in orders behind cowboy action, which is his bread and butter, or was...stubbed my toe on a 5 gallon bucket FULL of 300 gr. bullets destined to be 45-70's i believe, steve said the bucket weighed 300 lbs....

Bear Creek is a great bullet, last i checked, his .40's were running high 30's to mid 40's per 500 range????

They seem to have good prices, just wondering if anybody is currently using them and of what quality they are.

I use them in my STI and in my G35. Great prices. Careful of your velocity. If you notice them starting to tumble and/or lots of lead in your barrel, reduce your charge.

• 1 year later...

I have been using Bear Creek for sometime now. They are as accurate as any lead bullet and most jacketed in my guns. Much less smoke than lubed lead. It is hardly noticeable unless you catch the light just right and it's actually not a hindrance. Their telephone number is: 209-874-4322 and that is the only way to order as far as I can tell. If you order makes $95 or more the shipping is included in the price.

I have been using 230gr .45 Acp and 158gr. 38 Spl, both round nose, and they are very accurate in both. I have not cleaned the barrel in the 586 8 3/8 S&W in several hundred rounds and the accumulation has not increased since the first hundred rounds and the accuracy has not fallen off any at all. Someone else had indicated this and I wanted to test it out and I'll clean it when the accumulation changes or the accuracy falls off. I'm sold on Bear Creek bullets.

I use a custom built 686 with a seven inch barrel with two ports, done by Bob Jones-PPC Shooters will know Bob, and they do cause considerable build up in the ports as I expected. It's not that difficult to remove using the white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution. I have managed one inch groups at 50yds from the prone position with the 158gr RN, this is slow and deliberate shooting for a group and zeroing a scope.

\

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for PPC load with the 158 RN. Which powder and charge did you use?

Loaded over 22K of combination of .44, .45 wheel & auto, .45LC, .357. .38sp.

Our Kimbers love the 200g SWC and use mostly 200g RN Hollow Base in the .45 wheel guns.

Barnwood Arms in Ripon, CA stocks them, and also the gunshop in Prescott AZ (I think the name is Trading Post)has a large stock.

Steve has great prices, great consistancy, and free shipping on orders of $95 or more per the 2008 price list

Can't shoot lead through a stock Glock barrel? :surprise: I wish someone had told me before I shot thousands of them through my G34 and 35. OTOH Bear Creeks sells everything they can make. They don't need nor want a website. I have used their bullets for years - mostly at major matches. Regular matches get lead bullets.

• 8 months later...

I have been using Bear Creek for sometime now. They are as accurate as any lead bullet and most jacketed in my guns. Much less smoke than lubed lead. It is hardly noticeable unless you catch the light just right and it's actually not a hindrance. Their telephone number is: 209-874-4322 and that is the only way to order as far as I can tell. If you order makes $95 or more the shipping is included in the price.

I have been using 230gr .45 Acp and 158gr. 38 Spl, both round nose, and they are very accurate in both. I have not cleaned the barrel in the 586 8 3/8 S&W in several hundred rounds and the accumulation has not increased since the first hundred rounds and the accuracy has not fallen off any at all. Someone else had indicated this and I wanted to test it out and I'll clean it when the accumulation changes or the accuracy falls off. I'm sold on Bear Creek bullets.

I use a custom built 686 with a seven inch barrel with two ports, done by Bob Jones-PPC Shooters will know Bob, and they do cause considerable build up in the ports as I expected. It's not that difficult to remove using the white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution. I have managed one inch groups at 50yds from the prone position with the 158gr RN, this is slow and deliberate shooting for a group and zeroing a scope.

\

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for PPC load with the 158 RN. Which powder and charge did you use?