Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best belt for the circumferentially challenged

kenmulajr

Hey guys, Whats the best belt for us big guys? 48"ish waist

I have a CR-Speed & a Double Alpha, both are great. The duble Alpha is a lot thicker & stiffer.

I had a hard time getting my CR Speed mag holders & holster on. But, Once on they will not MOVE!

I use an Uncle Mike's "instructors belt" and you can get them from Midway. They go all the way up to 54". Velcro belt loops back through the buckle and sticks back on itself. The buckle is a triangle type that you could almost hook a carabiner to and use it for other stuff. Very stiff belt and holds the holster nicely. Only 23.00

I have a size 50 CR set up for USPSA Limited. For USPSA SS and IDPA CDP I use a Ted Blocker dress gun belt. This also serves as my everyday CCW belt. Both work well. Blocker is several years old and still gives great support to my gear.

Richard

I've used CR Speed for years, but I just hate the new inner belt they come with now. It doesn't fit any of the belt loops for my pants and it's a royal pain to put on. I just got one of the Double Alpha belts. Takes care of the inner belt issue, is very stiff. So far I really like it. More than the CR Speed.

I've used CR Speed for years, but I just hate the new inner belt they come with now. It doesn't fit any of the belt loops for my pants and it's a royal pain to put on. I just got one of the Double Alpha belts. Takes care of the inner belt issue, is very stiff. So far I really like it. More than the CR Speed.

Are they making the inner belt wider now?

Are they making the inner belt wider now?

Not really that much wider as it is thicker with a stiffener inside. The fix is to put the belt in the pants before putting the pants on.