Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a good mag holder for STI in IDPA

sfinney

I'm looking to shoot my .40 STI Eagle in IDPA type matches..... are there any double or single "off the shelf" mag holders that will work, or "close enough", to fit STI mags? I know I can order custom Kydex from a number of sources, but is there an Uncle Mikes or injected Bladetech type rig that will work? Maybe a Glock 20/21 holder?

Thanks!!

Not sure of the model #, but I've used a Bianchi dual mag holder for years now. It's the rigid, cloth type that is for any high-cap mag. It's held Caspian, Glock and STI mags without any problem. Theres a screw in the middle that can be adjusted for tension and have found that works great to tune it to each particular mag.

Got it at Bass-Pro if I remember correctly.

• 4 weeks later...
Not sure of the model #, but I've used a Bianchi dual mag holder for years now. It's the rigid, cloth type that is for any high-cap mag. It's held Caspian, Glock and STI mags without any problem. Theres a screw in the middle that can be adjusted for tension and have found that works great to tune it to each particular mag.

Got it at Bass-Pro if I remember correctly.

I use the same one kinda a rigid canvasy one with a tension screw works great for Para's or STI's. Safariland 771's and 773's are not legal for IDPA, they are listed in the "competition" section of the catalog.

your looking for the Bianchi triple threat 8020 for double stack 10mm and 45 acp'. bout $17 at midway it's durable and works well.

Edited by Joe4d

I'm looking to shoot my .40 STI Eagle in IDPA type matches..... are there any double or single "off the shelf" mag holders that will work, or "close enough", to fit STI mags? I know I can order custom Kydex from a number of sources, but is there an Uncle Mikes or injected Bladetech type rig that will work? Maybe a Glock 20/21 holder?

Thanks!!

I use the Uncle Mikes double pouch. I remove the top tension screw all together and it works great. Just be sure to loc tite all the other screws as they will work loose over time. For the holster I use blade tech with tech lok, love it.