Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Shotgun

Nah, its too easy..............................................................The one that fits you, you can afford, and is easy for you to keep running, easy to load for whatever loading style you choose to use, etc.

Asking that question is like asking whats better, alcohol, or beer. They'll both do the same thing, one is generally cheaper than the other, they can both create problems, and some people just don't care for the other.

My personal favorite is Benelli M1S90, but I'm bit opinionated!!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I'm not saying one word!

Oh, what the heck, REMINGTON! Or Winchester (FN), or (blah) Benelli! To get started, really, I'd go with Remington, or maybe try the Mossberg. That 930 looks interesting to me, especially the price, but because I have 2 Remies, I don't plan on getting one soon. The Mossberg seems to have a good reliability reputation, but hasn't been proven (yet), to my knowledge, in 3-gun competition.

But here's the most important adivice I can give: Have fun! ;)

I just bought a Remington Tac-4 1100. To me this is the best most versatile shotgun ever made. This is the only shotgun I own other than my single shot 20 guage I have had since 7th grade. Other shotguns can be set up to do what it can but this is the only one out of the box that can do allmost everything. Advantages I have found.

1. Long proven track record, keep it clean replace the seals evey now and then.

2. weatherproof finish and conventional synthetic stock

3. 22 inch barrel, short enough for gaming long enough for hunting,

4. Screw in chokes (unlike most factory tac barrel's)

5. drilled and tapped reciever

6 vent rib fiberoptic front sight.

7. Full length magazine holds 8+1 2 3/4 might hold 9+1 with a little tweaking and 2.5 " ammo

This shotgun can go from a practical match to a tree stand to the upland fields to a turkey blind to backyard trap to ranch use (used it this morning to kill a possum running off with one of my chickens) with nothing more than a change of ammo. NIB price of about $750

H&R single shot......will never fail to feed!! may fail to eject, but never fail to feed!!

Like Kurt has said, Kelly too.....they all suck......just get one that doesnt suck as much. If you are shooting with friends, maybe the best thing to do is ask them....shoot what they shoot, they probably know the ins and outs of the guns they are shooting and will help you personally with any problems that may arise. If you have no friends, or no friends that shoot 3 gun.....well, then I'd get a (insert your fav brand here)

Easy:

Step 1: Find credit card.

Step 2: Call Benny.

Step 3: Wait impatiently for shotgun to arrive.

Step 4: Shoot. A lot.

Step 5; Make fun of other shooters who's guns are not as reliable as the one you chose !

N

Easy:

Step 1: Find credit card.

Step 2: Call Benny.

Step 3: Wait impatiently for shotgun to arrive.

Step 4: Shoot. A lot.

Step 5; Make fun of other shooters who's guns are not as reliable as the one you chose !

N

step 6: pay off home equity loan used to fund benelli

step 7: post to brian's forums about all the 1100's that you witness puking.

step 8: read more posts from 1100 owners drinking kool-aid