Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corporeal Punishment

BDH

Growing up, we always knew when we stepped over the line...... yep, Dad started un-buckling his belt. Then, I remember in Junior H.S. when I won the record for most 'swats' in one school year. B)

You know what? In 'every' case, whether it was Dad or a teacher, I was doing something that deserved punishment (although, I may not have agreed at the time), and the punishment has made me a better person because I realize the decisions I make have consequences.

Thanks Dad, and Mr. Gordon (even though those FOUR swats really hurt)..... :blink:

I'm going to exercise my right to a different range officer at the USPSA nationals in Bend.  ;)

Don't worry, at all Level III and above IPSC matches, Corporeal Punishment is delved out only by the RM's! Vince, will you be there to help with Eric??? :D

I'm glad to hear that, here in the old Europe, we have the same educational problems you have overseas.

I'm totally with Brian: good ole punishment, where it was due, has rendered most of us better than we were.

I'm too p*@#§d off by "modern" parents and teachers, who pretend they are better educators since they only use words instead of moderate punishment (and thus eventually getting tricked by youngsters smarter than their buttocks).

Madam Lash from Spanky's House Of Pain

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm too p*@#§d off by "modern" parents and teachers, who pretend they are better educators since they only use words instead of moderate punishment (and thus eventually getting tricked by youngsters smarter than their buttocks).

I couldn't agree more!

Nothing quite like a well-placed spanking to stop a tantrum. Worked for me. Now, I didn't get spanked TOO often when I wuz that age, but I do remember the occasions pretty vividly. :) (My mom and I still laugh about 'em.) ;):lol: Her weapon of choice was one of those things you flip pancakes with...

You haven't been paddled until you get the board with alternating holes in it. Half of them go all the way through the board the other half only go half way through. I think the tears actually squirted out of my eyes when I got whacked with that thing! :wacko::blink:

I know some have had worse but I think that those incidents were probably child abuse and the topic is corporal punishment (I like the less latinate version).

Now the schools are either doing nothing or throwing the kid out, there is no middle ground, and all too often it is nothing. To make matters worse the parents do even less. :angry:

-ld

...And then when I got past the pancake-turner punishment stage, I got to put up with the nuns for eight years! But, ho, I goofed off and got away with it anyway! (mostly passed a lot of notes in class)(which I even got an 8th grade graduation award for!) :P:lol:

...And then when I got past the pancake-turner punishment stage, I got to put up with the nuns for eight years! But, ho, I goofed off and got away with it anyway! (mostly passed a lot of notes in class)(which I even got an 8th grade graduation award for!) :P:lol:

SiG Lady is CATHOLIC TOO? :blink:

The perfect woman! :wub:

You haven't been paddled until you get the board with alternating holes in it.  Half of them go all the way through the board the other half only go half way through.

Hmmm, well Mr. Gordon 'educated' me with an oak paddle, complete with holes all the way though it. Are you telling me I MISSED some of MY experience? I should sue him, and the school, and my parents, since evidently I was deprived of some of my punishment!!! :D

Mr. Gordon was ahead of his time in one area..... he made the girls grab their ankles and hit them just as hard as the boys. EQUAL SWATTING.... no discrimination here (which, all joking aside, I completely disagreed with, so I guess calling atttention to punishment was good in some regards). ;)

...Catholic...? Very, very "fallen-away", I assure you! :lol::lol:

You see, I had little respect for this thing they called "Confession"... Hmpphh!!! Not ME!! :angry:

Flex--

The limerick writing urge BEGAN in grade school. :D I kid you not. Yes, some notes were "in verse."

"Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him!" Proverbs 22:15 (written just a little before Dr. Spocks drivel!)

It's amazing how we all lived through it, and even respected whoever dished out the discipline. Of course, now kids shout "child abuse" in the direction of a SRS worker, and they can avert any corporal punishment. I don't understand just what the consequences for their actions is supposed to be nowadays. Seems like there are no consequences.

The old heavy duty yardsticks they made in the 60's and 70's did much to keep me in line! ;)

I don't understand just what the consequences for their actions is supposed to be nowadays. Seems like there are no consequences.

Yep, there are NO consequences. Everything is almost always, someone else's fault..... :angry: