Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have first hand knowledge from a few FAMS who compete with us down here that the pilot responsible for the AD/ND was not a "HE".

I'm not sure what the sex of the idiot matters, but okay.

US Airways... more bang for the buck. ~boo~

I have first hand knowledge from a few FAMS who compete with us down here that the pilot responsible for the AD/ND was not a "HE".

It doesn't matter......stupid is as stupid does regardless. Just every reply to this thread referenced he or him.

It doesn't matter......stupid is as stupid does regardless. Just every reply to this thread referenced he or him.

Point taken....

Shouldn't Flight Deck Officers carry frangible loads? While this AD happened under 10K, and while a hole over 10K won't cause explosive decompression it still ain't a good thing. Plus in a hostage situation you could easily have shoot throughs.

Anyway, the Officer was stupid regardless of sex, and their actions were definately not good for the program. Regardless of what the media ninnies say, guns don't just go off, so my -- assumption -- is that the officer was returning the pistol to the lock box and needed an RO yelling "FINGER!"

Not sure frangibles would make a difference when it hits the thin metal skin of an aircraft. :unsure: Anyone know for sure ?

With the cockpit door being reinforced, I see no reason they shouldn't have an empty chamber... it doesn't take but a second to jack the slide. I know I'll probably get jumped on for that opinion, but clearly, something proactive needs to be done to insure the program continues and that the passengers are safe. Also, training needs to be looked at for this individual and the program itself.

Edited by JThompson

JThompson,

There is nothing wrong with Isreali Carry. Like most things it has its pros and cons, as far as I can see its always just been a matter of training and personal choice. However, I don't see Flight Deck Officers getting enough training to be comfortable doing a slide rack under pressure.

Does anyone know what kind of gun it was. Someone said a USP, if it was a USP How in hell do you accidently pull a fairly stout double action trigger, like the one on a stock USP? I can understand a inexperienced shooter touching off a round when they have a 1.5 lbs. trigger but a double action takes effort. Not only was this pilot doing something stupid, he/she had to work at it!

Does anyone know what kind of gun it was. Someone said a USP, if it was a USP How in hell do you accidently pull a fairly stout double action trigger, like the one on a stock USP? I can understand a inexperienced shooter touching off a round when they have a 1.5 lbs. trigger but a double action takes effort. Not only was this pilot doing something stupid, he/she had to work at it!

40 caliber H&K USP

http://www.hk-usa.com/usp_general.html

It doesn't say whether or not this was a DA only version, which is what you would think they would carry.

Edited by JThompson

I think Boyd should really rethink his opinions:

"At that altitude, you puncture the skin of an airplane, it's going to go down. They were very lucky," Boyd said.

I think he's been watching too many movies.

Boyd said the only way he can surmise a gun going off in flight is if it was not properly stored.

The only way?!?!

It doesn't say whether or not this was a DA only version, which is what you would think they would carry.

I shot a match a while back with a pilot. Had a HK USP Compact 40 DAO.

Same here.

Yes.....the FFDO's are issued HK USP compact .40's with the LEM trigger module which is a DAO type trigger.

I shot a match a while back with a pilot. Had a HK USP Compact 40 DAO.

Same here.

Yes.....the FFDO's are issued HK USP compact .40's with the LEM trigger module which is a DAO type trigger.

Damn B... how the hell did she manage to set that thing off? What is the DAO trigger pull on that HK anyone know?

According to this link here:

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2007/12/tsa-a...ety-of-air.html

The gun was padlocked through the trigger guard to a holster, supposedly, like this:

PadLockedGun.jpg

Also, according to this CNN link here:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/26/pilot.gun/index.html

The FFDO is still described as a "HE".

I'm taking what I read on both links with a big grain of salt. :rolleyes:

According to this link here:

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2007/12/tsa-a...ety-of-air.html

The gun was padlocked through the trigger guard to a holster, supposedly, like this:

PadLockedGun.jpg

Also, according to this CNN link here:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/26/pilot.gun/index.html

The FFDO is still described as a "HE".

I'm taking what I read on both links with a big grain of salt. :rolleyes:

Hells bells. I would like to have a good look at that setup. Does that lock go behind the trigger or in front? So much for worrying about them having to chamber a round... it look like they have to spin the dial of a combo lock. Try that under high stress or turbulence, or is that just until they are on the flight deck with the door closed? I wonder if they will ever tell us what really happened there....

I have it on good authority that he actually pulled the trigger earlier that morning while he was at the range. However, like most U. S. Air flights, the bullet eventually took off over four hours later than scheduled. :rolleyes:

Now that is funny. sadly accurate but funny.