Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

Okay. You are all seriously driving me crazy.

I'll start with the good news:

Talking to Aaron Hampton and the AMU, we will have a 3 gun match the first weekend in December. The major delay in making this announcement is because we will have to make some changes in the match.

Now, the bad news (and the reason for the delays):

We will not have access to off-site ranges in 2008. This is because of some long-term changes and range work by Ft Benning, and we cannot adjust or alter this in any way. This will decrease the number of stages we can offer & severely limit long range rifle stages. We are probably going to have a 7 stage match. Because of this, we will decrease the entry fee.

Aaron had real reservations about downscaling the match to this point, because he really wants the match to be the one you talk about all year. He was afraid it would hurt both attendance and sponsorship. I told him he was hallucinating. I have tremendous faith that the AMU can put some really challenging stages into 7 bays. My email indicates we will still fill up in a day.

We are working on the application. Like last year, it will be available to the 2007 staff in advance of everyone else. If someone from the 2007 staff decides they prefer to shoot in 2008 as a paid competitor rather than staff, they will be the ONLY shooters with a guaranteed spot in the match.

If you shot the match in 2007, you will get an email message from me in late April. If your email address has changed since the last Ft Benning match, I strongly suggest you update me. PLEASE send any messages about Ft. Benning to my off-Forum email (LChico@msn.com.

I work several major matches each year & need to keep the information about a match in one place on my computer. When you send a PM on this forum, the message can get missed when I am reviewing match details.

If you are attending the Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun match in April, Aaron & I will both be there & plan to make some announcements about the match. We will later post those messages on the match website (http://lchico.5u.com/AMU.html and on this forum thread.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

Won't that conflict with the 2008 Toys For Tots?

James

Nope. Just like 2006 & 2007. Ft Benning is the First weekend in December & Toys for Tots is the second weekend.

Much like April this year - SC State match is the second weekend in April & Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun is the third weekend in April. And that is why no one will see an application for Ft Benning until the last 2 weeks in April.

As most of you realize from past years, I don't just throw the application out there. I want the website information about hotels and rules updated, confirmation letters drafted, and sponsor letters ready to go. I believe it's called OCD :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thats what mini poppers are for :blink:

Thats what I want, self reseting mini poppers at 500 yards. :cheers:

If the stages are limited to the bays on the main shooting area, they won't be at 500yds. That said, you certainly don't have to have 300-500yds to have some mighty challenging rifle shots. Funky positions and small targets can certainly do the trick.

The stages on the sniper range and the Stryker trip were fun, too bad we can't use themthis year, but the match will be a blast even if it's ltd to the 7 bay main shooting area. My money's on a 1st day fill up on registration.

7 stages, maybe more shooters?????????? More shooters may = more sponsors for the prize tables? I say keep the entry fee the same to help with that too. I think 7 stages or 10 stages, prize table or no prize table, the fun factor is out of this world on this match. If Ft. Benning has a 3-Gun match the shooters WILL SHOW UP.

Aaron and crew :bow::bow::bow:

Ronnie

One word, "WOOOHOOOO" biggrin.gif

Easy Girl !!

When are you coming over the pond ? We need some glamour over here (just dont tell you know who :lol:;) )

Watch it buddy, I got my eye on you, see you soon

One word, "WOOOHOOOO" biggrin.gif

Easy Girl !!

When are you coming over the pond ? We need some glamour over here (just dont tell you know who :lol:;) )

Would love to cross the pond! Sounds like its time I learned how to shoot the long guns!

Wish you were coming over for Blue Ridge but will definitely see you at Ft.B 2008 :D

Looks like the RO's will get to finish the match on Friday and before dark this year. Now that's what I'm looking forward to.

Another person with hallucinations :lol::lol:

Surely you don't think the stages will be quick & simple, just because they are confined to one range? I think you are underestimating our friends at the AMU.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This is the form letter I am sending to everyone who requests advance information or notification about the 2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match.

The dates for the 2008 match will be December 5-7. The match application will not be available until late April. Completed applications and entry fees will not be accepted until early May. Early applications will not be confirmed into the match, and will be placed on the waiting list. Most shooters on the 2007 waiting list did not get a confirmed slot in the match until early November of 2007.

If I have your name, email address and a zip code, I have added your name to the list of people I will notify by email in late April, once the application is posted.

[. . . If you shot the match in 2007, I already have this info for you & will only need to hear from you if your email address changed . . .]

The procedure for signing up for this match will be spelled out in detail in the message you get in late April. Until that time, we are still working on match details. [. . .and it will get done much quicker if I don't have to respond to twenty emails daily about the match :blink: . . .]

If you would like to see the information from the 2007 match, the website is http://LChico.5u.com/AMU.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The comments in italics are NOT part of the form letter going to potential shooters asking for info. Just updates for BE members

Edited by LChico

• 4 weeks later...

Once again, at Ft Benning, we will try something new. I will use an on-line sign up form to assign numbers to the shooters so that I can prioritize entry into the match & the waiting list. I've spent a lot of time trying to come up with a system that would be fair. We really do not want to go to an lottery system or a legacy system. And I really don't want to be the one who decides who gets into the match & who doesn't.

Although the system will not be "live" until after 6:30 on May 7, you can look it over and practice if you'd like:

Please go to http://lchico.5u.com/AMU1.html

Click all the buttons, check out the forms. I will clear any information at 6:00 pm May 7th, so you can practice signing in on the forms.

You may sign-in yourself & one other person. That other person can sign-in himself & you. Only the first sign-in will count, but it doesn't hurt to submit from more than one computer. Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 6:30 PM EST on May 7, 2008. There is an official clock on the page. Don't hit the submit button on May 7th before 6:30:00 on the clock. This advance notice lets you look over the information early, get familiar with the process, print the application early, write your check & be ready to get it in the mail once you get a registration code.

I will not accept applications without a code. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 6:30 PM May 7th.

"We DO NOT need applications in the same envelope" is on the application & I mean that. Do Not wait until you have all your friends together. First, get into the match. Then send me your squad requests (by email, by phone, scribbled in the margin of the application, on a post it note, etc). I will honor your squadding requests.

Please, No Priority, Overnight or Express Mail Services. As it says on the application: "Linda will return your check." I mean that, also.

If you are not sure yet if you can get the time off from work or other obligations, submit your information & go through the process. Last year, everyone who withdrew from the match got a full refund of match fees. Period. (even the shooters who had to withdraw the day before the match) You will lose nothing by sending in the application & check. Delaying to get your airline tickets could mean you are not in the match.

If you are assuming you will be a sponsored shooter, you STILL need to sign-in. We rarely have enough sponsor slots for all the sponsored shooters. The sponsored shooters come from the original list. Typically, the sponsor agreements are reached later in the summer. I will happily refund the entire match fee once we verify your status with your sponsors.

Please email off forum if you have any questions. Please do NOT send a PM. My email contact information is all over the website.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Someone asked if the Time was Eastern Time . . . Yes

I picked it specifically so that

East Coast 6:30

Central Time 7:30

Mountain Time 8:30

Pacific Coast 9:30

Hopefully, not too late for anyone. There is also a pretty big digital clock on the sign-in page, so that no one can complain that they were not synchronized with my clock.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Oops -- Times are WRONG. See Next post

Edited by LChico

Central Time 5:30

Mountain Time 4:30

Pacific Coast 3:30

I corrected the times (thanks Denise!)

Please note that you DO NOT have to sign yourself in, if you cannot get to a computer at that time. Anyone can sign you in.

There is also a pretty big digital clock on the sign-in page, so that no one can complain that they were not synchronized with my clock.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Central Time 5:30

Mountain Time 4:30

Pacific Coast 3:30

I corrected the times (thanks Denise!)

Please note that you DO NOT have to sign yourself in, if you cannot get to a computer at that time. Anyone can sign you in.

There is also a pretty big digital clock on the sign-in page, so that no one can complain that they were not synchronized with my clock.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Great Job Linda! Now for the fun! :popcorn1: