Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

There are a few folks who were hesitating about hitting the button to submit info. I WANT people to send info early & test out the site.

One, they are more familiar with the pages & know what to do for the real sign in.

Two, it lets me test my download, sorting, & number assignment routines.

All this testing information will be wiped out at 6:00 PM on May 7. Until then, I'm fine if people want to check it out multiple times, because it let's me review the 'find duplicates' process I will use. Right now, the biggest slow down with that editing routine is that it doesn't allow for nicknames. Robert Smith & Bob Smith may be the same person. Also, if Robert signs in with his business email address & a buddy signs him in with his home email address, the system thinks Robert-Bob is two different people. It still leaves me more manual editing than I wanted. And that's the kind of thing I'd like to know in advance.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what the match fee is going to be?

The match fee is $175. You can view or print a copy of the application once you go through all the steps for sign-in. And as I mentioned earlier, you are more than welcome (make that 'encouraged') to play with the sign in screens until 6 PM May 7th.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda thanks for posting this information and getting us all fired up early! This IS the match of the year, and I intend on getting my application in. This will make my 4th straight year of shooting the match and am already looking forward to it!

Thats what mini poppers are for :blink:

Thats what I want, self reseting mini poppers at 500 yards. :cheers:

If the stages are limited to the bays on the main shooting area, they won't be at 500yds. That said, you certainly don't have to have 300-500yds to have some mighty challenging rifle shots. Funky positions and small targets can certainly do the trick.

The stages on the sniper range and the Stryker trip were fun, too bad we can't use themthis year, but the match will be a blast even if it's ltd to the 7 bay main shooting area. My money's on a 1st day fill up on registration.

Sounds like a man who speaks from experience!! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Someone asked if the Time was Eastern Time . . . Yes

I picked it specifically so that

East Coast 6:30

Central Time 7:30

Mountain Time 8:30

Pacific Coast 9:30

Hopefully, not too late for anyone. There is also a pretty big digital clock on the sign-in page, so that no one can complain that they were not synchronized with my clock.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Oops -- Times are WRONG. See Next post

OK I may be time "Backwards" But if it is 6:30 on the East coast it is only 5:30 central. ?Am I missing something?

Someone asked if the Time was Eastern Time . . . Yes

I picked it specifically so that

East Coast 6:30

Central Time 7:30

Mountain Time 8:30

Pacific Coast 9:30

Hopefully, not too late for anyone. There is also a pretty big digital clock on the sign-in page, so that no one can complain that they were not synchronized with my clock.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

OK I may be time "Backwards" But if it is 6:30 on the East coast it is only 5:30 central. ?Am I missing something?

Yes - you missed the last line that says:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

:blush: Now your mad at me :o and I will have to sit by the road and watch the match.

:)

It takes a whole lot more than that to get me mad. . . If my fuse was that short, I couldn't work this match (or the other 6 to 8 major shooting events I work each year). The nice thing about the new sign-in system is that it takes my decision-making completely out of the picture.

Now, squadding, on the other hand, is completely up to me :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Always on the cutting edge, Linda and AMU continue to set the standard and break new ground, I wish all the match directors from around the country could get in the match and take note of the details that make a match of this calber

see ya'll there

jc

Always on the cutting edge, Linda and AMU continue to set the standard and break new ground, I wish all the match directors from around the country could get in the match and take note of the details that make a match of this calber

see ya'll there

jc

Now.......if they could just find a decent Rangemaster :roflol:

see ya'll there

jc

Oh . . . this could get good. :popcorn1:

Actually, Jeff plans to be a paid competitor this year. He will not be part of staff. Robby Johnson from the AMU will be Rangemaster.

I'll just step back & let you wipe all that stuff off your shoes where you stepped into it. :rolleyes:

see ya'll there

jc

Actually, Jeff plans to be a paid competitor this year. He will not be part of staff. Robby Johnson from the AMU will be Rangemaster.

I'll just step back & let you wipe all that stuff off your shoes where you stepped into it. :rolleyes:

A PAID competitor...What is Sandra going to pay him to stay AWAY for the weekend???? :roflol:

see ya'll there

jc

A PAID competitor...What is Sandra going to pay him to stay AWAY for the weekend???? :roflol:

Always trying to stir something up

see ya'll there

jc

Tsk, Tsk. Another confused 3 gunner. Sandra doesn't want him to stay away.

But there is probably some real money to be made from the flock of 3 gunners who would like jc to disappear for the weekend so that they could try to distract my co-worker. Notice I said 'try.'

Linda Chico (L-2035)

MY question is..... Are they - have they done something with those hateful old plastic Benelli launching barrels. Perhaps put a big ole rare earth magnet on them so when I "ever so gently" place my shotgun on the top it will not do a triple axis with a half twist and get me DQ'ed... :o

MY question is..... Are they - have they done something with those hateful old plastic Benelli launching barrels. Perhaps put a big ole rare earth magnet on them so when I "ever so gently" place my shotgun on the top it will not do a triple axis with a half twist and get me DQ'ed... :o

Merlin,

I'd have to say they did a pretty inefficient job of launching Benelli's, since they only managed to sling off 3 in a match with nearly 230 shooters. We did a much better job with the high powered magnets that dragged loaded pistols out of holsters, and the evil spell that caused shooters to load slugs when faced with steel targets. . . <_<

Seriously, we are not at that point in the planning. I'm trying to get through registration. :surprise: I do talk to the Match Director and the Range Master frequently, and those concerns are being discussed.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hello all! Since Merlin asked, I'll bite. We are attempting to replace the barrels that we have used for all 3 FB3G Challenges. Our research indicates that after two years the barrels will no longer make Mil-Spec for holding a shotgun "placed" on it, so they will be changed.

As for the match, we have high expectations. This will be a different format than last year but it will still have our twist, and if you miss it you will be sad. Please do not mistake shorter range for easy, and DO NOT count out a long range stage, something sinister 600 meters on paper? I do not know just a random thought. Hope you are all excited this will be one for the record books!

BigHamp

As a matter of fact, we were sitting at dinner tonight talking about the upcoming match....The more I think about it, the Ft. Benning matches are becoming more and more like, American Pie...."This one time, at Ft. Benning..." :popcorn1:

Can't wait for the fun to begin... :D

Edited by Ms. Kitty

see ya'll there

jc

Hey....you have never shot the Summer Blast. Come on up.....don't be scared to shoot just one gun! I would put us on the same level as Benning but as a one gun event. Oh yea, we have a 4 stage shotgun side match.

Anyway, you want a good piece of advice for match directors, get great match staff. In 2000, I contacted Dave Thomas inquiring if he knew someone that could help me with registration and match scoring. He immediately said Linda Chico. Since then I don't worry about registration and Linda handles it. I have a guy named Lew Walker, he is my main person for stage construction and repair. If it needs to be built, he builds it or repairs it. Of course I would be remiss if I did not mention York IWL, these guys are like an army of ants when it comes to moving props and building stages. 15 to 20 guys and gals showing up to help set up the match!

Too many times match directors spread themselves too thin or get involved with a section of the match they shouldn't. If they learn early to trust the people they have selected to do the job, they can sit back and reap the benefits of a great match.

A GREAT MATCH DIRECTOR SURROUNDS THEMSELVES WITH GREAT PEOPLE!

GREAT STAFF = A GREAT MATCH!

I believe your staff makes the match. The staff has the most contact with the shooters during the event. I am not present on each stage or when the shooter registers, but the staff serves as my representatives and that is the same as if I was standing there! Gotta run a match like a business, it is about customer service, period!

Fort Benning is about customer service.........

Edited by sbmd