Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

Hey Ms Kitty...I had a great time hanging out with you!! Are you shooting the Ft Benning match? On my squad :)

cya there (If I get in.....gulp)

Cheryl :)

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ms Kitty...I had a great time hanging out with you!! Are you shooting the Ft Benning match? On my squad :)

cya there (If I get in.....gulp)

Please don't try to steal my help from stats!

If Ms. Kitty wants to shoot with the staff Friday, I'm sure we can arrange something

(she is so far ahead on 'coffee & chocolate offerings' that no one will ever catch up, although the Brits are giving it a good try :wub: )

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Many thanks to everyone who tried to use the "submit" information feature of the on-line sign up. It gave me a chance to test my procedures and discover a few little quirks in the program.

VERY IMPORTANT:

When you sign-in for real on Wednesday after 6:30 PM Eastern time - Please be careful what you are typing into the form.

The first box asks for a first & last name. If you type your first name & hit enter or tab before you type the last name, it will put the last name in the blank for 'email address.' Since this field requires a valid email address on my spreadsheet, data without the @ symbol is left blank when I download it.

Hitting tab or enter a second time, had shooters putting their email address into the 'Zip or Postal Code' field. Again, that blank is configured for very specific information. It will transfer numbers, letters and a hyphen ONLY. The @ symbol in your email address will cause that field to be blank when it gets to me on the spreadsheet.

All these cautions apply to any information you enter for a second shooter. In addition, if the second shooter has the same email address as the first, please put that in the second email address blank.

I tried very hard to make the sign in form as simple as possible. Failure to fill it in properly or failure to include all the information will mean I am unable to assign you a Registration code number. I'd really hate for someone to not get into the match because of a silly error. Glance at the information before you hit the Submit button.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Please no 'practice sign ins' after 6:00 pm Eastern tomorrow. (5 pm Central / 4 pm Mountain / 3 pm Pacific) If you practice on the sign in site tonight or tomorrow in the daytime (or tomorrow at 6:30 when you sign in for real), you may notice that the page has changed.

I had to remove the nice, animated graphic digital clock that was on the page. It did not function as advertised. The web site states: "Accurate—The clocks display current time, even if the user's computer clock is wrong." Not true. Many thanks to Allen Parrish who discovered the flaw and let me know about it. If the time on your computer was wrong, it changed the time on the clock.

The new clock is much more plain, but it is linked to the server and will display the same time whether you are in Seattle or New York.

post-5346-1210118437.jpgpost-5346-1210118452.jpg

I am hoping to start sending out registration codes by 6:45 tomorrow. Everybody please remember that I have a real job in the daytime, and replies to your questions will be VERY slow until late evening.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks to Sandra, I still have a good supply of chocolate truffles & dark roast coffee. I should get through tomorrow night without a problem. :P

Edited by LChico

Everybody please remember that I have a real job in the daytime....

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Yea, bustin' my ass here lately?????? :roflol:

Just can't resist the easy targets :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Less than 45 minutes to go & the anxiety levels hitting my email in-box is at an all time high. :(

For everyone worried that their slow dial-up connection is going to prevent them from getting in:

You are assigned a unique 8 digit number "On Click" of the submit button. If it seems to take a while for the next page to show up, that is not slowing you down. The 8 digit number is added to the info you typed & sent to the company that is harvesting the information. If there is a slow down due to congestion, it will allow me to match the number with the time you actually signed in. On average, it takes 0.8 seconds for the information to go from my server to theirs, but since that time can vary when it is real busy (say at 6:30 PM EST tonight), I had to come up with a way to remove the time delay.

I am turning off email notification to my personal email at 6:00. The email messages will be redirected so that I do not lock up my email access. But they will be stored on-line so that I can access them later if there are any problems. I'll also clear all 'test' data at 6:00.

Let's see. . . Fresh pot of French Roast coffee. Large bag of dark chocolate truffles. Tia Maria to add to the coffee when it's over . . . I'm ready! :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Man, that was just like waiting for the ball to drop on New Year's Day, or the Big Peach as we here in Georgia do. One thing I did notice....I prepopulated the form prior to 6:30 then hit the submit form button at 6:30:01 and got a system error message. I had to re-enter the site, re-enter the data and submit again. Looked like it worked the second time. That extra 40 seconds may have cost me. :popcorn1:

Less than 45 minutes to go & the anxiety levels hitting my email in-box is at an all time high. :(

For everyone worried that their slow dial-up connection is going to prevent them from getting in:

You are assigned a unique 8 digit number "On Click" of the submit button. If it seems to take a while for the next page to show up, that is not slowing you down. The 8 digit number is added to the info you typed & sent to the company that is harvesting the information. If there is a slow down due to congestion, it will allow me to match the number with the time you actually signed in. On average, it takes 0.8 seconds for the information to go from my server to theirs, but since that time can vary when it is real busy (say at 6:30 PM EST tonight), I had to come up with a way to remove the time delay.

I am turning off email notification to my personal email at 6:00. The email messages will be redirected so that I do not lock up my email access. But they will be stored on-line so that I can access them later if there are any problems. I'll also clear all 'test' data at 6:00.

Let's see. . . Fresh pot of French Roast coffee. Large bag of dark chocolate truffles. Tia Maria to add to the coffee when it's over . . . I'm ready! :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sitting by and watching the excitement. I have my chocolate here too.....Good luck and call me if you need me! :popcorn1:

i sent mine at 6:30 and 1 second and it responded that there seems to be a problem with the site..ohhhhh noooooooo...

Yep.....me too. Reentered and hit submit and it went through and said wait for the super secret code number to appear in you email inbox. :popcorn1:

"The new clock is much more plain, but it is linked to the server and will display the same time whether you are in Seattle or New York."

The sever time was off, but I waited for the server to read 6:30:01 then submitted.

Darren

Edited by ddjm

It took 3 minutes of hitting submit a million times for it to finally go through...I kept getting "there is a problem with the server" great...I was 3 minutes late...I must be # 90032 on the wait list :(

Yikes, we got in courtesy of my daughter signing us in...I was afraid my computer would let me down so I had her as a backup on her computer and it worked!! We are in!! YaHOO!!!!

I am soooo lucky!! (thats why I got Lyme disease :wacko:

Edited by ccur

I had to enter the darn thing 3 times before it took??????

Either Linda is being barraged with 500 e-mails or the server saved the entries and a bunch of people are in three times??

Wow!!! I hit go right at 06:30:00 and had the same application error, luckily I had the same page up on another computer and hit go there by 06:30:03 and the number at the bottom of my screen was 202. Could all 130 spots have gone in less than 3 seconds???? I feel like I just camped out for Led Zepplin tickets or something! :P