Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So called JMB "puritans"

want2race

How many times have you heard, "If JMB didn't design it, the 1911 doesn't need it"? I'm so sick of hearing it. Full length guide rods, mag wells, big mag buttons, extended slide stop levers, adjustable sights, bull barrels etc.

I drive a Ford, but not a ******* Model A! It's called evolution, or at the very least..progress.

Fine if these so called 1911 purists don't need them, but then I expect them to go outside to use the outhouse; bathe in a bath tub filled with water from the wood burning oven; drive a horse drawn buggy and call me SIR when they speak to me. All things of the past.

I myself will take the 1911 platform as far foward as my little nugget of brain housing group will take it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Balderdash!! If it ain't broke, you haven't tried to advance it further.

If anybody's ever near Ogden, go by the JMB museum and see the tools he worked with and imagine what he could have done with a CNC shop.

One heck of a smart guy, but he didn't close the doors when the first 1911 popped out and say "well, that's it boys, we've created perfection, everybody go home now".

Ask the "purists" where their lanyard loop is and why they have those mamby-pamby "A1" modifications..

The 1911 is a GREAT platform, but it is just that, a platform that MANY great improvements and innovations have allowed it to continually improve. Me, I like my magwell, fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sight.

No argument here!!!

Long live JMB's 1911, and the improvements that have been made :cheers:

I think the pureists you speak of are mostly collectors of old original type guns.

We that use them in the game have no qualms about using whatever helps us .

Dont let the collectors opinions get you upset....just smile and nod your head :closedeyes:

Jim

I think the pureists you speak of are mostly collectors of old original type guns.

Dont let the collectors opinions get you upset....just smile and nod your head :closedeyes:

Jim

+1000

Jim

Hey! Its a Hate Rant and its Friday Let Him Burn. Why isn't this guy in the SOB club?

How many times have you heard, "If JMB didn't design it, the 1911 doesn't need it"? I'm so sick of hearing it. Full length guide rods, mag wells, big mag buttons, extended slide stop levers, adjustable sights, bull barrels etc.

I drive a Ford, but not a ******* Model A! It's called evolution, or at the very least..progress.

Fine if these so called 1911 purists don't need them, but then I expect them to go outside to use the outhouse; bathe in a bath tub filled with water from the wood burning oven; drive a horse drawn buggy and call me SIR when they speak to me. All things of the past.

I myself will take the 1911 platform as far foward as my little nugget of brain housing group will take it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Balderdash!! If it ain't broke, you haven't tried to advance it further.

Next time ask them why they aren't adding those goofy "magazine trigger disconnectors safeties" to their 1911's.

JMB clearly thought that thing was the cat's pajamas, he added it to his HI-Power design which UNLIKE THE 1911, was a design he actually had control over and made just the way he wanted to do it. The 1911 was designed for the Army and the grip safety was added at the request of the Army, JMB's original design did not have it and the HI-Power which JMB did HIS way never had it......

It's funny they would pick the 1911 to claim as "pure" since the design never was the way JMB wanted to make it. The HI-Power is, and that magazine disconnector safety is about as useful as a pig with a scalpel.

Edited by bountyhunter

In his defense, JMB didn't get to finnish the Hi Power. FN finnished it for him. I'm not sure whos Idea the disconnect was.

That's my understanding also. It's hard to tell which design features he may have signed off on before his unfortunate demise.

Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, the NRA, or Match Directors - are NOT PERMITTED.

If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself