Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

negitivity towards Glocks?

Dan Hefta

I am wondering why there are so many shooters at matches that have nothing good to say about Glocks? I here it all of the time, a lot of the time the same guy that says a negitive comment has gun problems when he's shooting. Are they jealous? My Glock just works, the only time it doesn't is when I try some mod or have ammo problems. :angry2:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned and shot them...they are good guns.

Personally I dont like them for several reasons.

It seems people ether love or hate them...very odd indeed.

The only part of this issue that bothers me ...is how upset both Glock and other brand shooters get with each other.

If people wanted to shoot a potato gun ...Its ok with me.

Jim

Most 2011 shooters are closet Tupperware owners and are covering for the feelings of inadequacy by picking on those that chose to sport polymer in public!!! Follow one home and see what's sitting on the nightstand when they lay down to sleep at night!!! :goof: [yes, this describes me to a tee!!! :cheers: ]

I shoot CDP with a 1911, and I give the "plastic fantastic" buddies of mine a hard time about shooting those ugly plastic pistols. My stainless Sprinfield is a thing of rare and wonderous beauty next to those things! At the same time they give me loads of crap about shooting antiques, most of this stuff is just in good clean fun, but when I see a Glock jam I always have a good time with "Glock perfection" or alert the media a Glock has jammed, etc. I dread it in a way when I switch to SSP with the G35 I secretly purchased, I will never hear the end of it! (Shhhhh, don't tell anybody but my carry gun is a G22)

Robin :P

Until recently I really didn't have much to say about Glocks. As far as I was concerned it was a mostly plastic "toy" that probably would not hold up.

It had been 10 to 15 years ago that I put less than a full clip through a Glock and was not impressed. Recently a friend allowed me to shoot his Glock 34. The sights have been replaced with Dawsons and the trigger pull smoothed up a bit.

I don't know if the Glocks have improved a great deal or I've just mellowed with age, but this Glock shot much better than the one I remembered.

All I've shot in many years is open class. Though not in a hurry, I now have my eye out for a nice "34". I'm thinking of shooting a few "production" classifiers.

Bill

Flexmoney knows 1st hand that I myself, am one of those "former Glock" > STI converts, yet I still know that each type of gun fills a particular purpose.

They make great Production & Limited / L-10 guns, but don't make very good Open guns. It truly is the perfect Production pistol, and the only thing lacking in LTD is perhaps 1 round and a decent trigger. But they quickly make up for that in lower pistol / mag costs. They certainly eliminate the need for an expensive (if any) gunsmith.

I started on a Glock 24 in Open, moved to a Glock 22 in Limited and shot a Glock 17 in Production. Now I shoot an STI in Open, LTD, L10, and Single Stack, but I still have a Glock 19 for a carry, and keep 2 G17's ready for Prod. Div. (for when the price of gas finally gets higher than the bullets prices we've been paying ... later this Summer. B) )

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

You have to respect Tupperware that works.

I respect mine. Don't really like, but do respect.

Still think my Open gun is more Tactical. :cheers:

Most 2011 shooters are closet Tupperware owners and are covering for the feelings of inadequacy by picking on those that chose to sport polymer in public!!! Follow one home and see what's sitting on the nightstand when they lay down to sleep at night!!! :goof: [yes, this describes me to a tee!!! :cheers: ]
I would say that just as many Glock owner make snide comments about other platforms. This thread is a perfect example.

-ld

Edited by blkbrd

I am wondering why there are so many shooters at matches that have nothing good to say about Glocks? I here it all of the time, a lot of the time the same guy that says a negitive comment has gun problems when he's shooting. Are they jealous? My Glock just works, the only time it doesn't is when I try some mod or have ammo problems. :angry2:

Well, they have a terrible trigger and lack panache'...what can I say.. B)