Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI .22 conversion is being released

Rocket35

22AltTopEnd1911_800w.jpg

STI international, Inc has joined with Bob Marvel to bring you the finest .22 conversion kits available anywhere. With these conversion kits, you can easily swap out your top end to go from one caliber to another- it’s like getting a second pistol for less than half the price. This will allow shooters to increase their trigger time while decreasing the cost of good training.

The improved Bob Marvel design locks the barrel in place for improved reliability and accuracy. The conversion kit may be purchased for either the 1911 (single stack) platform or the world famous 2011 (double stack) platform. The kit comes complete with adjustable sights, lock back on last round (single stack), an excellent extended 10 round magazine, complete cleaning kit, magazine loading tool, and a custom fitted hard case. The top end works on either 1911 or 2011 frames with only the magazine to replace if the shooter wishes to change frames. Extra magazines for the 1911 and/or 2011 are available.

.22 Caliber Conversion Kit $385.00

AHA! the long awaited revamp of the Advantage arms kit is now available.

Excellent...... :cheers:

I have spent a little time with a vintage Kart kit....good stuff, and I can only imagine that the new kit is even better.....

DougC

Edited by DougCarden

I am doing my best to fill up a 15,000 sq ft building. We have a long way to go. Got any new ideas? There are 3-4 new lines we are working on right now.

Since SV is out....how about Champion Sights as a Bomar replacement? They don't take up much room though! ;)

I am doing my best to fill up a 15,000 sq ft building. We have a long way to go. Got any new ideas? There are 3-4 new lines we are working on right now.

Since SV is out....how about Champion Sights as a Bomar replacement? They don't take up much room though! ;)

I have called Champion. They didnt seem very interested. I imagine they are being swamped with Bomar stopping production.

I do have the New STI rear sight. I know they have had allot of bad history but the sti sight is new. I looked at one the other day and its quite nice. I have an inkling it is a champion.

We also have the new Ed Brown rear. It is a really nice looking sight. Maybe even better than the bomar. We also have the Wilson but its a little expensive.

anyway, Shueman barrels Chuck

I dont think they are interested in selling to Distributors. I believe they want the direct retail sale. I used to sell them until we were left out in the cold for a year without any deliveries. I ended up working with KKM to get barrels to dimensions that Dan liked. KKM barrels are performing great.

There is a new partner in Schueman now so if they have the desire for distributors then I will consider it. I realize there are a good number of shooters who like Shueman barrels.

I have called Champion. They didnt seem very interested. I imagine they are being swamped with Bomar stopping production.

I do have the New STI rear sight. I know they have had allot of bad history but the sti sight is new. I looked at one the other day and its quite nice. I have an inkling it is a champion.

We also have the new Ed Brown rear. It is a really nice looking sight. Maybe even better than the bomar. We also have the Wilson but its a little expensive.

Cool- I will check them out, thanks Chuck! B)

Sweet!! I hope they will offer a no sights version with a comp for us Open shooters. :) ChuckB, any thought on a pistol rug? It would be a lot easier for me to take a rug with my gun in it to the safety area instead of my much beloved range bag since we have very limited space in our safety area. I can't imagine there is a lot of cost in making a lightly padded nylon, square pistol rug.

Joe W.

STI conversion Kits on web page for sale. These are preorder as I see a great big demand for these by the response so far. So I have product on order and am taking orders that will be filled by date the order was placed.

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1062

That links not working for me.

STI conversion Kits on web page for sale. These are preorder as I see a great big demand for these by the response so far. So I have product on order and am taking orders that will be filled by date the order was placed.

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1062

That links not working for me.

Me too...

Error 404: File Not Found

The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Page or file is outdated, renamed, moved, or does not exist.

You typed the address incorrectly, like http://www.example.com/pgae.html instead of http://www.example.com/page.html

Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

Sweet!! I hope they will offer a no sights version with a comp for us Open shooters. :) ChuckB, any thought on a pistol rug? It would be a lot easier for me to take a rug with my gun in it to the safety area instead of my much beloved range bag since we have very limited space in our safety area. I can't imagine there is a lot of cost in making a lightly padded nylon, square pistol rug.

Joe W.

Agreed... the only thing missing from Chuck's bag is a rug.

We had a discussion about these a while ago.

I was running one of the original setups with comp and all on my open frame for a while. it works well. The big problem used to be getting mags for the STI frame, now that St is involved that should be resolved.

I've already got an old, "Wilson" .22 conversion for single stack and the only thing I don't like about it is that it is so much lighter, it changes the balance of the gun from it's original configuration.

Any idea as to if the 2011 is heavy enough to be fairly close to any of the stock STIs??

With the cost of components/ammo, at least a guy could affrod to shoot with a .22.

STI international, Inc has joined with Bob Marvel to bring you the finest .22 conversion kits available anywhere. With these conversion kits, you can easily swap out your top end to go from one caliber to another- it’s like getting a second pistol for less than half the price. This will allow shooters to increase their trigger time while decreasing the cost of good training.

The improved Bob Marvel design locks the barrel in place for improved reliability and accuracy. The conversion kit may be purchased for either the 1911 (single stack) platform or the world famous 2011 (double stack) platform. The kit comes complete with adjustable sights, lock back on last round (single stack), an excellent extended 10 round magazine, complete cleaning kit, magazine loading tool, and a custom fitted hard case. The top end works on either 1911 or 2011 frames with only the magazine to replace if the shooter wishes to change frames. Extra magazines for the 1911 and/or 2011 are available.

Is this a rebrand of an existing marvel series 2, or a new design?

I believe it's a rebranding of the Advantage Arms Target unit. There was a rumor that Bob Marvel was going to rebarrel with a Shilen but I don't believe that has come through, at least at this time.

It's standard with iron sights and there are 2 optional shrouds for mounting a dot. Well made unit, tight fit, locks back on empty, mag follower has a steel insert on the shoulder.

http://www.advantagearms.com/

/Bryan