Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead Prices?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a discussion last year about how lead prices were supposed to start going down in 2008? There was some rumor about a factory or refinery going back online and all of our supply woes being swept out the door. What happened? Prices have done nothing but climb as far as I can tell!

Where should I go for a bulk purchase of a few thousand rounds of .45 in 230gr FMJ?

Thanks,

Chris

In 2002, I paid $0.85 USD for a Euro. Today, it's a buck fifty. There are absolutely no signs that it will level off any time soon as both parties have vowed to either continue deficit spending unabated or ... to accelerate it.

To see the disturbing 5y trend, head here: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=5y

As long as the dollar remains in freefall, nothing is going to get cheaper. Don't like bullet prices? Think about "throwing your vote away" on a candidate that doesn't support deficit spending. ;)

As long as the dollar remains in freefall, nothing is going to get cheaper. Don't like bullet prices? Think about "throwing your vote away" on a candidate that doesn't support deficit spending. ;)

Thats like saying vote for Santa Clause, and his ticket mate the Easter Bunny. Nice idea but were on my ballot is that candidate?

I never thought I see the day where the prices of lead for bullets

and throwing votes away would be in the same discussion....

democracy is getting expensive either way. <_<

well I thought it funny.

I think the price of lead was predicted to ramp down a little.

I think the falling value of a dollar may have eaten into the ramp?

miranda

Where should I go for a bulk purchase of a few thousand rounds of .45 in 230gr FMJ?

Roze distribution has the Zero 230 FMJ's for 117.50 landed.

Powder Valley should get some 230 FMJ's sometime soon.

http://208.178.180.130/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc...ory_Code=JPB-45

Edited by dirty whiteboy

The latest blip I heard about lead prices was that since India was going to be building a 3,000 dollar retail priced car, they were gonna need lots of batteries, which contain lead.

So that means the demand for lead just went up, and from Econ 101 we all know what happens to prices when the demand for something goes up and the supply stays the same.

That is if the major players in the lead industry aren't all in cahoots with each other and have come up with a price fixing scheme... ya know kinda like that oil and gas prices thread that got closed down.

Or the Warren Buffet's or George Soros's of the world don't have their minions purposely screwing with the commodities markets to artificially keep the prices high.

As far as copper goes, I thought I had heard something along the lines of a large smelter in south America either going off line or coming back on line. How that actually affects copper prices one way or the other, I have no clue.

I had heard the rumor too last August about lead prices coming down this year. But that was before India unveiled their "Yugo".

I bought about 500 dollars worth of Berry's plated bullets in 9, .40, and .45 when I was leaving IDPA Nat's at the Allentown, PA Cabelas. Then they were going for about 18 bucks (a little black plastic box of) per 250. I went to the Cabela's in St. Louis last week. The .45 bullets are now running 42 bucks per box of 250.

:surprise:

really? I get hit on the nose with a rolled up newspaper for making "pro-gun" comments in a thread but drifting into "deficit spending" is ok? :rolleyes:

No...it's not OK.

Let's leave politics out of it as much as possible folks.

- Admin

Thats like saying vote for Santa Clause, and his ticket mate the Easter Bunny. Nice idea but were on my ballot is that candidate?

Sorry. Politics: bad.

If I change my recommendation to "don't vote for anybody," is that still political?

:ph34r:

You know all those guys that keep getting caught steeling copper wiring from the

dumbest places!!!

Are we soon going to have guys digging the berms apart at night, or better yet

DURING THE DAY !! :surprise:

I'm going to look into the mirror and tell myself to be good and not get political. :D-_-

Instead I'll be making a wise crack to let you know that I'm still paying attention !! :P

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Roze distribution has the Zero 230 FMJ's for 117.50 landed.

Powder Valley should get some 230 FMJ's sometime soon.

http://208.178.180.130/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc...ory_Code=JPB-45

Thank you! I just ordered 5k rounds for the same price it would have cost me to get 4.5k rounds of Berry's double struck.

Yay! I can't wait to see the mail man's face when he carts up 164 lb. of lead. :devil:

The price of the metal may stabilize or even come down some but I seriously doubt the bullet manufactures will reduce price.

Let's face it, unlike gas stations, there is not one on every corner so the competition is just not there.