Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello everyone,

I'm officially announcing the 2008 Pro-Am to be held July 25-27, 2008 at USSA. The match registration is attached to this message, as well as the stages, rules, sponsorship, and prize policy. Click here to see what it's all about!

Here are some more match details:

-Competitor Info – Limited to 300 shooters, 12 per squad MAX. You can register either as a Professional or an Amateur. Pro's shoot for stages wins worth up to $1000 per stage. Tied stages carry the money over, like a skins match. Amateurs compete for the overall match score to visit the prize table in order of finish WITHIN CLASS!

-Stages/Round Count – 8 PAR time and 1 Tie-breaker Comstock stage/over 300 targets. Stages attached!

-Shooting Schedule

o Thursday – Staff/Vendor match

o Friday, Saturday, or Sunday – Shoot match in one day 0800 – 1600

o Pro’s must shoot on Sunday

-Staff Needed

o We presently are in need of RO’s and Staff. If you would like to be a part of this groundbreaking event, please contact Phil Strader at (866)441-8772 X 107; cell (703)786-3791; philstrader@usshootingacademy.com

- Area Hotels

o Holiday Inn Express – Owasso, OK

7551 N Owasso Expressway

Owasso, OK 74055

o Best Western Inn & Suites – Owasso, OK

7653 N Owasso Expressway

Owasso, OK, 74055-3339

o Candlewood Suites – Owasso, OK

11699 E. 96th St North

Owasso, OK 74055

- Scoring/Equipment Rules/Prize Policy

(Attached)

- Sponsorship Information

(Attached)

Match_Registration.pdf

Pro_Am_Sponsorship_Package.zip

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the rules in the sponsor package:

EQUIPMENT

- Any pistol legal in USPSA Limited/L10/Production/Single Stack or IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP

- Minimum caliber 9x19

- Maximum of 10 rounds loaded in any magazine AFTER THE START SIGNAL.

- Any shooter using more than 10 rounds in a magazine after the start signal will zero the stage (0 hits).

- Power Factor - NONE, but STEEL MUST FALL TO SCORE (125,000 or higher recommended).

Holsters/Belt/Mag Pouches

- Any holster that safely retains the pistol and covers the trigger/trigger guard is legal, i.e. any USPSA or IDPA legal holster, belt, pouches, etc.

- Holsters must be positioned according to USPSA or IDPA rules. No shoulder or cross-draw holsters allowed.

- Mag pouches may be placed anywhere on belt.

The 2008 Pro-Am is indeed a version of Yank's match that ESPN televised in the mid 90's. It was great to watch! Shooting USA is making plans to be here to keep with the televised tradition.

There have been some changes to make the match easier to manage, such as the introduction of a Tie-Breaker and Shoot-off stage.

My decision to stay with one division (Iron Sight) has made it a bit easier to market to some of the larger gun manufacturers. I wanted it to be a match where equipment didn't matter...and trust me, it doesn't. My numbers with a stock M&P9 w/ IDPA equipment are the same or better than with my USPSA "Race" equipment. It all comes down to the same thing EVERY other Practical pistol match does...who shoots the least amount of misses!

It will also make for a better prize table for the average shooter. One division means one table, PLUS the winners in GM-D will be the first 7 competitors to pick a prize from a table that will be VERY generous!

I think that limiting the number of divisions will actually attract more shooters. However, as the match becomes more popular, I will certainly consider allowing other divisions.

Our club match versions of the Pro-Am have been extremely successful, and equally fun to shoot. I hope that everyone will get a chance to come out for the big match.

Sincerely,

Phil

Hey Phil,

Can someone loan me a limited gun? I would like to shoot this match but I do not have the proper equipment.

thanks, karl

Karl:

If you are serious I would be happy to do so. I am no more than 30 minutes from your house. Email me direct at mikem1a1@aol.com and I'll email all of my contact info to you.

Mike Gottlieb

yes, I am serious. I do not have a limited class pistol.

this match will be just like the psa match except with BIG targets.

Phil & Chris have planned a great stage for the GT Targets.

thanks, karl

if you wanna see what this is like, i have posted some videos from the first two colt pro shootout's in the early 90's. wanna see TGO shooting an 1100? got that as well. also, older steel challenge stuff as well.

http://web.mac.com/speedoption/Capsl/Videos.html

scroll down to the bottom, you'll find the videos there. enjoy.

So We are able to choose what level to shoot at?

I believe the rules say you'll use your highest USPSA classification, or the IDPA to USPSA conversion provided if you have none.

Edited by Steve J

Seems that's covered in the rules also.

- Competitors who have finished in the Top 10 of any USPSA Open/Limited/Production

Nationals in the last three years are NOT eligible to compete as an amateur.

- If a competitor registers as an amateur and later finishes in the Top 10 a qualifying

National Championship held the same year, they will be required to re-register as a

professional.

If the question is can an amateur sign up as a pro if the above doesn't apply... why, what would be the benefit. No prize table and most likely no prize money.

I guess it does need to be addressed by the organizers, because that is a little ambiguous.

Edited by Steve J

interesting idea.

So if I am border line d-c and the number of Pro d shooters are low I can declare myself a pro d and make some money.

Interesting, Very interesting. <_<

The answer would be either go for the money or get some sort of prize??

Go for the money

if there is no risk of reward you might as well just shoot and walk the table or not shoot and use the entry fee to go to the gun shop.

Edited by ffl

ffl,

My interpretation of the rules is that Pros are just that Pros, while Ammies are divided by class. So you could be an Ammy D or a Pro, but not a Pro D. So if you declare yourself Pro, the money will be paid to the stage winner, either you Robbie, Todd, or Chris.

Pro D class shooters? :surprise:

I guess we need a working definition of what professional shooter means. Jeez. Gaming the entry form. :huh:

From gmshtr's original post and the rules if you'll bother to read them:

Pro's shoot for stages wins worth up to $1000 per stage. Tied stages carry the money over, like a skins match. Amateurs compete for the overall match score to visit the prize table in order of finish WITHIN CLASS!

There's no benefit to signing up PRO if you can't win a stage.

Edited by Steve J