Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mag holders for Production (and Glock)?

Cuz

Ok, I know I should have asked this question yesterday BEFORE I went and ordered another set of mag holders for my Glock mags, but I always tend to get things a bit backwards. What are you guys using in Production division for mag holders? I've tried my CR-Speed single pouches but I don't like them. Next was Fobus double pouches, but I don't like the way they sit next to each other. I've also tried Fobus singles, and the Injection Molded Blade-Techs with the Tech lock attachment. I just don't seem to like any of them. I prefer to run with two double mag pouches. I just ordered a pair of Blade Tech Milenium type with belt loop. These have the same belt holder as my Blade-Tech holster so I hope they will work. I would like to know from other Production shooters:

1) What mag pouches do you use?

2) How many pouches do you have on your belt?

Thanks.

-Cuz.

I'm using a CompTac Beltfeed. I'm really happy they kept the 2" rule for mags in the 08 rules. They were talking about reducing it to 1", for Production anyway, and it would have become illegal. I ordered it for Glock mags and was able to tighten them down enough to run Beretta mags too. I almost wish I had one for STI mags.

I'm running the IM Blade Tech doubles - currently have SR loops, but I'm going to sell them and get Tek-Lok versions. I also have a single UM for my LAMR mag - works great, but it's loose on a 1.5" belt - gotta figure out a way to shim it.

For you guys with Glock's running the UM doubles - are you shooting large frame Glocks? I thought the only UM double was for rather large mags (i.e. my old Tanfoglio mags fit perfect) - way too big for a G17 or M&P...

Cuz - what don't you like about the ones you've found? Attachment? Draw? If you still have the Tek-Lok BT doubles for your 17, let me know if you want to get rid of em...

I'm running the IM Blade Tech doubles - currently have SR loops, but I'm going to sell them and get Tek-Lok versions. I also have a single UM for my LAMR mag - works great, but it's loose on a 1.5" belt - gotta figure out a way to shim it.

For you guys with Glock's running the UM doubles - are you shooting large frame Glocks? I thought the only UM double was for rather large mags (i.e. my old Tanfoglio mags fit perfect) - way too big for a G17 or M&P...

Cuz - what don't you like about the ones you've found? Attachment? Draw? If you still have the Tek-Lok BT doubles for your 17, let me know if you want to get rid of em...

On both of my production rigs, I'm using a 1 3/4 cheapie Uncle Mike tactical belts (with velcro and inner belt). I got the stingray belt loops to fit a 1 1/2 belt, and then dremmeled them to fit. Custom fit, nice and snug. If they make a 1 1/4 loop and then trim it to be tighter.

I'm not exactly sure what I don't like. It's more about it not feeling right. I may just be going thru one of my "phases" where I start doubting my equipment. The last time this happened I switched from shooting an SVI in Limited to Glocks in Production. I'm not going to get rid of anything until I figure out for sure what I like or at least what works for now. I feel a need to have 5 mag pouches on my belt (at least). Mostly using the 5th at LAMR and running a stage with 4 full. I like the double pouches because then I can't out think myself about the spacing since it's fixed. Then I only have to worry about spacing between the two doubles which isn't so bad. With the CR Speed singles, there was too much flexibility which caused me too much worry about where to put them. I hate when I start thinking like this. This is what happens when I quit USPSA for the winter months. I should just keep the same gear I ended the last season with but the winter months have me doing too much thinking instead of shooting...

-Cuz.