Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Saiga 12 the new choice for 3 gun open division?

PistolPete

This is a really nice one.

This is Dean's new gun for the 2008 3 gun season.

It's pretty much like his 07 gun, but this one has a magwell on it.

No, these are not for sale.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

post-13304-1213928328.jpg

Edited by gpqueen

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in California and shoot in the tactical class, I try to travel to a couple or three out of state matches a year. If out of state matches allow Saigas and they prove to be a big advantage I won't spend the money to travel out of state. I see no reason to spend my vacation time, and recreation money to get beat by a shooter at my level with equipment I cannot have.

If the only reason somebody doesn't shoot 3 gun is because of the current shotgun rules now, and allowing it will bring in more shooters then by all means I would allow them at my match. $$$ speak the loudest. The match directors just need to keep in mind some shooters will be turned away by it.

If the mag feds are faster than the tube feds they should be much faster than the hand feds. (except for the chosen few)

But if I were God I'd only allow 30 round rifle mags in limited class too.

Saiga is okay in Open. As Taran showed at Benning, practice can beat gear (of course...Rob Leatham showed that back in '95 winning the Nat's with a Single Stack and Arnt Myre (spelling) and Jack Barnes didn't do too shabby either).

Rich

Be great if it could be used in OPEN!!! hint-hint-hint Amidon.

Um.. you can use the Saiga in Open already ;)

I was referring to the 30 round drum mag, not the Saiga itself. :closedeyes:

Open should be "open" to all mods and advantages, IMHO. Not Klinton restricted.

How many Saigas were at Ironman? Where did they finish in the overall?

I placed 1st/19 in Trooper and 15th/133 Over all.

David Letsch came in Second in Scoped Heavy with a Saiga-12. He used an Iron Sighted .308, and the Saiga was his one "Open" gun.

Here's a Saiga video I just put together:

Saiga is okay in Open. As Taran showed at Benning, practice can beat gear (of course...Rob Leatham showed that back in '95 winning the Nat's with a Single Stack and Arnt Myre (spelling) and Jack Barnes didn't do too shabby either).

Rich

It's Myhre. B)

• 1 month later...
SR,

I like your consistancy in reloading you do the same thing every time that's great are you going get an automatic last round bolt lock?

I dunno, maybe eventually if there is a system out there that proves to be reliable enough.

Sinistral,

I have been using Jeric's LRBHO kit on my Saiga-12 for over a year now and it seems to function quite well for me. It has seen a few 3-gun matches and not having to reload against the closed bolt is nice. You do have to mod the magazines and the Saiga to install, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Topmaul.jpg

My gun club had an Iron man match last year Saiga took 1,2,3,4, and 7th (new guy)

The match was one stage almost 90 rounds.

??!! A fellow southpaw?

Am in the middle of my own conversion. How do you cope with a RH safety - or do you have a source for an ambi or LH one?!

??!! A fellow southpaw?

Am in the middle of my own conversion. How do you cope with a RH safety - or do you have a source for an ambi or LH one?!

Everything about running an AK is easier left handed. You can keep your strong hand on the pistol grip and do everything else with the right. I usually start stages with my right hand on the safety, it's really easy.

??!! A fellow southpaw?

Everything about running an AK is easier left handed. You can keep your strong hand on the pistol grip and do everything else with the right. I usually start stages with my right hand on the safety, it's really easy.

Cool - thanks (been frettin' about this unduly :wacko: )